Kiehl's Super Fluid UV Defense Spf 50+

Active ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, alcohol denat., silica, dicaprylyl ether, styrene/acrylates copolymer, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, dimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, polymethylsilsesquioxane, nylon-12, dicaprylyl carbonate, phenoxyethanol, lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 methicone, sodium chloride, caprylyl glycol, methylparaben, poly c10-30 alkyl acrylate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium EDTA, dodecene, poloxamer 407.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this for the fact that it's one of the few sunscreens that doesn't break me out, but it's too drying to use every day even over moisturizer. Alcohol as an ingredient is likely why. For the cost I'll keep searching for something not so drying.

Eh, meh. I bought this thinking it would be something extra special, but it's basically just really thin sunscreen. It stings just a little bit when I apply it, like it may be mildly irritating my skin, but it's not bad. It feels a bit drying. It's watery like thickened milk, and applies pretty easily and absorbs. It doesn't help condition my skin or enhance it in anyway. It feels like sunscreen, not like some kind of silky facial treat I was fantasizing for. It smells like sunscreen...just meh. I feel like I just bought sunscreen and paid for Kieh's name. Will be shopping around for a facial sunscreen that is effective, feels nice on, and improves the condition of my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have acne prone skin and after using it for about 3 weeks this is the culprit to my recent breakouts! I will be searching for another sunscreen and this one will be used for the body...not good for the face. Also, it's a bit oily for my combination skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my "break-up" letter to Kiehl's sunscreen.

I've been a long-time user of this sunscreen. It never left my oily and the new formula keeps my skin more balanced than any other fluid sunscreens. I would use it EVERY SINGLE DAY as part of my regime.

However, 2 weird things started to happen to me over the summer: first off, I was getting blotchy on my forehead. Like, tanned blots on my forehead. Secondly, I was getting small milia in my eye area, my cheekbone and now on my nose.

On top of that, I started to wonder about the ingredients. Considering that I use it every day, I would prefer ingredients that are more natural. Well, oxybenzone isn't the safest ingredient (see EWG Skin Deep website and Suzuki's dirty dozen list).

So after two years of use, I decided to say goodbye to this pricey sunscreen and switched to Earth and Body's Zinc Oxide Cream. It's a cheaper and natural version of this sunscreen.

My skin couldn't be happier with the switch! Paired with the pure emu oil (just 3 drops) as a moisturizer, my skin tone is evening out and the milia is shrinking.

So goodbye Kiehl's! I'm looking forward to my new skin regime and to saving a ton of money!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm looking for my HG face SPF since most things clog my pores or cause allergic reactions. I got a free sample of this from a Kiehl's store yesterday.

I put it on this morning, after my usual morning routine (wash face, exfoliate, moisturize). It did sting for a minute or two, I'm assuming because it has a high alcohol content, but the stinging went away. I liked that it was really light, however, it is a bit drying.

It's only been about 4 hours since I put it on this morning and I already have a flaky "beard of dryness" on part of my chin. The rest of my face isn't shiny or oily like it usually is, though, so that is nice.

My pores don't seem clogged at all, I'll update if that changes by the end of the day.

Pros:
-light weight
-mattifying (on me)
-doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts (a rare find!)

Cons:
-drying
-somewhat spendy

Overall Verdict: I'm considering supplementing my current SPF moisturizer with this. I'm thinking that I could use this on my nose, forehead, and cheeks, since that is where I get the most clogged pores. And then use my current one (Cetaphil Oil Absorbing SPF 30) on the areas of my face that are prone to dryness.

UPDATE: After a complete day of wear, I got home and my pores were completely clog-free! They are usually filled with junk and look gigantic by the end of the day, so this is pretty impressive.

Skin type: combination, with oily T-zone and dry mouth area, and sensitive (my face turns red and bumpy from my workout sweat).

Pros:
- leaves no white cast, as it's not a physical sunscreen (note: physical sunscreens reflect UV rays by sitting on the skin; contain Titanium dioxide & zinc dioxide)
- stinging sensation lasts no longer than a minutepretty good for a chemical sunscreen
- doesn't make my skin MORE oily
- lasts up to 5 hours on a 30 degree Celsius day. Afterwards, chalky texture is gone and that's a sign to reapply
- pretty lightweight once fully absorbed

Cons:
- may not be suitable for very sensitive skin due to the stinging sensation
- chalky texture on skin
- doesn't help with keeping my skin matte

Overall: It offers really good sun protection. I tan easily and go outside often, but I haven't tanned as much as usual after 3 months of summer. The stinging and the chalkiness aren't pleasant, so I am looking for a better chemical sunscreen.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic. Works so well with makeup, I feel its makes makeup look better than if I were wearing a primer. Leaves a soft velvety texture. Highly recommend!

I've been trying to find everyday spf for a long time now. I've been using this on my face for a few months and I love it! It goes on really smooth and matte and is SO great for wearing under make up. I never feel shiny or oily after wearing this. Yes its a bit pricey but worth it if you only use it on your face. You really don't need that much since it is a watery texture.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I'm 53 yrs. old. I've searched for the perfect sunscreen since I was 18. In 1998 or 99 I found Kiehl's water based sunscreen with spf 25, it was discontinued and replaced with Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50. This product protects, leaves my skin feeling soft and supple; no breakouts. Downside to this product is that it stings my eyes. So, I will continue to search.

I will purchase and test Burnout Clean & Clear. I hope to able to post a review on this product.

I found Boscia Daily Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF50 last summer and have been using it ever since. I wrote a review on it. Please read if interested.

I always use a large amount of sun screen product on my face. This one is easy to spread but leaves an oily finish, dries my skin and hearts my skin a bit...I don't have sensitive skin. I also bought the Lancome bienfait uv spf 50, and I feel these two products are identical...after all they come from the same group.