71%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This and the Pomegranate are the best of the BB lip balms. It has a light mango taste, is not waxy, glides on easily with a buttery feel and absorbs well into lips. Some of the others are too waxy, minty (not good for lips) or too scented.

About reviewer (730 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

That's going to be a great big no for me. Sure, it's cheap, it's nice on the lips, it smells nice. But it does absolutely nothing for my lips. Nothing. Even worse, I liked it so much when I tried my Mom's that I bought a two pack. It was only later that I noticed that my lips felt dry even when I applied it several times a day. No thanks.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

This is a review of Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter. When I read on the package that this lip balm is "nourishing" and it also contains mango (seed) butter, I expected the product to be very emollient. Unfortunately, this is simply an average lip product that wears off quickly and doesn't really moisturize my lips. Pros are that it's inexpensive ($2.99 at Target), the mango scent is very pleasant, it looks somewhat glossy, and has a thin, smooth feel on the lips, likely from the various oils listed in the ingredients. It's also noted to be 100% natural. I'll use this tube up, but it's not nourishing enough to be a repurchase.

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

My lips have been quite dry and have been chapping a lot lately but after one day of using this lip balm (and only three applications throughout the day), my lips are currently softer than ever. This really absorbs into the lips and moisturises them properly as opposed to just sitting on the surface. I was a little torn about which version to get, but I'm glad I chose the Mango Butter. The scent is subtle enough to remain pleasant - something I couldn't really say for the Coconut and Pear which was a little too strong. Overall, this balm is great and I'm so happy with it after just a few applications!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

This is a good one. I've tried several Burt Bees chapsticks through the years. Most hydrating is pomegranate, then mango, finally the orginal. I have mixed feelings about the coconut one, it feels great on but the fragrance is too strong (my lips were did not stay hydrated for long after using it). The ultra hydrating kokum butter one is terrible.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

3 years ago

Extremely hydrating & smells delicious! Doesn't leave any residue.

About reviewer (224 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I purchased the twin pack at walmart for 5.38. Coconut and pear came with mango. Tasts wonderful and healed my severely dry cracked lips. Works perfectly and beautifully!! I love love love these lip balms.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My lips were cracking and peeling after daily usage of those drying liquid lipsticks. I've never tried Burt's Bees before trying this, and I must say that Im very pleased. It smells decent, feels lighter than having lipstick on my lips and it is not tacky at all. Definitely more moisturising than the Mentholatum ones I used previously. Edit nov 2016: Also more hydrating than the Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I've used many Burt's lip balm iterations over the last 20 years. Probably all of them...and this is my favorite, followed by the Honey and Pomegranate versions. I rate balms in two categories; moisturizing or protecting. I haven't to this day found a balm that moisturizes AND protects well. I've tried so, so many. So - when my lips are going to be exposed to the elements, I want a protecting barrier, something thicker, waxy, or with a petroleum derivative. I hate thickly greasy though, so things like Carmex are out. Burt's Bees Honey/Original, Nuxe, La Mer or Natural Ice are my choices for protecting. When I want moisturizing, plumping and soothing, I use this product or the Pomegranate one. It's thin, not as waxy as other Burt's options, leaves a slight shine. It mostly sinks in, and lips look and feel smoother and replenished. It really helps with healing, (not disguising), dryness on the lips and vermillion lines. It's really good for really cheap. This and the Pom version are the least greasy and most emollient Burt's I've tried so far.

About reviewer (219 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I recently purchased this for the mango scent and absolutely love it! It tastes tropical and super sweet just like a mango. It leaves my lips feeling so smooth and healthy. I love wearing it to bed at night and waking up with beautiful feeling lips.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age30-35