Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butterllanolin, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 10/16/2017 10:21:00 AM

My lips have been quite dry and have been chapping a lot lately but after one day of using this lip balm (and only three applications throughout the day), my lips are currently softer than ever. This really absorbs into the lips and moisturises them properly as opposed to just sitting on the surface.

I was a little torn about which version to get, but I'm glad I chose the Mango Butter. The scent is subtle enough to remain pleasant - something I couldn't really say for the Coconut and Pear which was a little too strong.

Overall, this balm is great and I'm so happy with it after just a few applications!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a good one. I've tried several Burt Bees chapsticks through the years. Most hydrating is pomegranate, then mango, finally the orginal. I have mixed feelings about the coconut one, it feels great on but the fragrance is too strong (my lips were did not stay hydrated for long after using it). The ultra hydrating kokum butter one is terrible.

on 1/20/2017 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Extremely hydrating & smells delicious! Doesn't leave any residue.

on 2/28/2016 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used many Burt's lip balm iterations over the last 20 years. Probably all of them...and this is my favorite, followed by the Honey and Pomegranate versions.
I rate balms in two categories; moisturizing or protecting. I haven't to this day found a balm that moisturizes AND protects well. I've tried so, so many.
So - when my lips are going to be exposed to the elements, I want a protecting barrier, something thicker, waxy, or with a petroleum derivative. I hate thickly greasy though, so things like Carmex are out. Burt's Bees Honey/Original, Nuxe, La Mer or Natural Ice are my choices for protecting.

When I want moisturizing, plumping and soothing, I use this product or the Pomegranate one. It's thin, not as waxy as other Burt's options, leaves a slight shine. It mostly sinks in, and lips look and feel smoother and replenished. It really helps with healing, (not disguising), dryness on the lips and vermillion lines. It's really good for really cheap. This and the Pom version are the least greasy and most emollient Burt's I've tried so far.

on 3/7/2016 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My lips were cracking and peeling after daily usage of those drying liquid lipsticks. I've never tried Burt's Bees before trying this, and I must say that Im very pleased. It smells decent, feels lighter than having lipstick on my lips and it is not tacky at all. Definitely more moisturising than the Mentholatum ones I used previously.

Edit nov 2016: Also more hydrating than the Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm!

on 4/4/2016 11:12:00 AM

I purchased the twin pack at walmart for 5.38. Coconut and pear came with mango. Tasts wonderful and healed my severely dry cracked lips. Works perfectly and beautifully!! I love love love these lip balms.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite Burt's Bees product by far! The balm has a very smooth texture and it smells incredible. I go through this stuff like crazy in the winter. It keeps my lips silky and has a nice sheen.

on 1/25/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So far I've tried 3 Burt's Bees lipbalms and this one has been meh. I like the mango smell and at first I really liked it. It stays on for a long time and feels smooth. My problem with it is that it doesn't moisture too well and I hate the finish it gives. It's kind of like a greasy sheen on my lips. It's neither matte or shiny so I don't like wearing it out of the house. Overall, I won't buy it again because I would like to try more lip balms so I can find my HG.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Burt's Bees is the best lip balm you will ever use... HANDS DOWN!!! It is has all the moisturizing properties you want in a lip balm...moisturizing, non-greasy, non-sticky, ect...with a variety of flavors that you will love. It has the qualities I always wished Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers would have had besides just the flavors. I have been using Burt's for about thirteen years now and swear by it. I have only ever had chapped lips when I ran out of it and did not repurchase after a few days. I have used Carmex, Blistex, and Chapstick in between just to try out a tasty flavor they have...I always end up tossing it and going back to Burt's because that stuff ended up making my lips dry and crack. This Flavor is another gem to that line. It has all the good qualities mentioned above. This one smells very fruity and tropical. You can definitely smell the mango in it. It is a great product and worth giving a try.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently purchased this for the mango scent and absolutely love it! It tastes tropical and super sweet just like a mango. It leaves my lips feeling so smooth and healthy. I love wearing it to bed at night and waking up with beautiful feeling lips.