CURLS for Target Goddess curl gel

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok I bought this at Kroger but I got one also in mu now defiunct surely Curly subscription box. I love CURLs products this is HG w cantu curl activator together I am CG and CURLs products are CG-friendly. This gel isn’t too crunchy & it’s on the thin side which I like. I’ll rebuy this when I run out of gels I have quite a bit to use up first I’m a product junkie and I need to use up some b4 I buy more. I have 4 kinds of eco styler gel I like eco styler it’s HG Too I have 2B/On good day 2C. I mainly have been using devacurl products for awhile so many HG I think deva is the very bestest. CURLs does the trick on a budget!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Not impressed with this product in my 3b hair. I'm kind of into scented products so the fact that this is unscented kind of disappointed me. I found this product to be drying not moisturizing! Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is the only gel I use. I love how it's lightweight and still allows my hair to move, but it gives hold and definition to my curls. No cloying fragrance, and my hair stays healthy.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I wasn't impressed by this product. My hair doesn't feel like any moisture has been added and I honestly don't notice anything positive that it's done for my type III/IV curls. Completely meh.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm neutral on this gel. I have 3a/3b curls, and I found that I had to use a large quantity (1/12th of a bottle) to get any type of decent hold. I use it on top of my usual leave-in conditioner. It wasn't stiff, but it does flake.

This gel is useful for reviving second-day hair, but I won't bother buying it again.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I really like this curl gel, more than I expected to. I have very thick, shoulder-length curls, mostly 3a with some 3b, and I don't use silicone products on my hair. I found when used in conjunction with coconut oil, it gives me really good hold and I have only minimal frizzies. The scent is very light, hardly noticable, and I can usually get a second or even third day curls by dampening my hair and running a bit more oil through it. I don't know that I would love it by itself, but in conjunction with my curl routine, it provides excellent hold and finish.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this randomly at Sally's Beauty Supply. It provides medium hold on my hair and is really thick in texture. It leaves great shine and doesn't have any silicones or protein. It does relax my curls a bit. The things I don't like is that it did little to keep my curls defined or springy, doesn't have as much frizz control, and is too light for days when it is windy. It probably will work a bit better in the summer and I may have to layer with another product to get the hold and control I need. On its own, it is just meh. I usually like Curls products but this was a bust for me.

Very impressed with this. I purchased on a whim at Target last night, as the "no silicones" part of the label drew me in. I have very curly, but VERY fine hair that easily gets greasy-looking when I use other products for curly hair. It seems to be assumed that all curly hair is super dried out and/or super thick. Products for that type of hair always leave me looking like I rolled around in butter. This gel is light and gave me spiral curls, with no greasy or heavy look. I slept on it, and the curls are still in great shape the next morning. It seems like this gel would work on thicker hair as well---I only used a small amount. In any case, if you have ridiculously fine hair then this is a great product to try.

I am very excited to have found this product. I have naturally wavy hair that is on the dry side with frizz and pouf problem. Most products for frizz control and shine tend to have silicone in them, which I try to avoid because they make my hair feel weird and build up very easily. I was a bit skeptical when I saw this product at Target, but went ahead and gave it a try and found that it really does what it says. To give my hair a little bit more moisture, I add a few drops of olive oil to the gel and apply it to wet hair. I've used the product for a few days now and found that my hair is shinier, frizz-free (in fact, it can be a bit flat if you put too much, which is fine by me as my hair tends to pouf up easily with the humidity) and just overall soft and healthy-looking, almost like virgin hair. I flat-iron my hair everday and find that when using this product, my hair straightens better and remains straight longer. I'm quite impressed with this gel and plan to look into other products from this line.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is a total waste of money! It leaves my curls feeling hard with no absolutely no flexibility to them. It makes me feel like I am wearing a curly helmet on my head.

There are much better brands of curly hair products out there. CURLS products are AWFUL!

Popular Styling Products