Revlon Extra Curl Lash Curler

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Revlon Extra Curl Lash Curler

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first eyelash curler I bought myself, I thought I'd get my own after using my mums one for so long. I used this eyelash curler probably 3 times and haven't used it since (2 yrs later).
It did absolutely nothing for me, really just got it because it looked the nicest.

I can guarantee you you're better off paying an extra $3 and getting the JAPONESQUE Power Curl Eyelash Curler. This eyelash curler is AMAZING! worth every penny!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just loove this lash curler it does not crimp my lashes and the curl pad is nice and rounded. I use the same routine with each lash curler I should add. I usually do not start too close to the lash line as that tends to pull out your lashes if you press too hard and you can actually pinch your eyelid, ouch! As this comes with an extra pad, I cut this in half and usually do first the outside lashes of my left eye (of course placing the curler pad on the left of the curler when the curler is facing me on the inner side (concave side)), I then "walk out" the curler at least one, sometimes two times to get maximum curl for that area of my lashes (3 curls in total as a maximum for that area of my lashes). I will then do my inner lashes on my right eye using the same "walk out" routine. I repeat, moving the pad to the middle of the lash curler and then do both left and right eye lash line in the middle again "walking out" the curler. Finally I finish by moving the pad all the way to the right and finishing the left eye inner eyelashes and then the right eye outer lashes, done! I find by using a half pad and three curl positions per eye, I do not miss any lashes! Now, before I apply any mascara, I have some variations if I want the curl to hold more. I "hot curl" as I like to call it if I want maximum hold on the curl. I take a blow dryer and run it usually on the lowest setting and heat the curler. What I like about the Revlon curler over others is because it is a composite material (plastic?) it does not head up on the pressure pad at all compared to most curlers, which are metal. I also think the metal curling plate is more likely to break lashes. Please check the heat on the part that touches your eyelid if you use a blow dryer to heat it (I have burned mine, ouch with metal curlers) first on your hand or somewhere not as sensitive as your eyelid!, it will not burn your hand on low setting, metal curlers are more likely to hold and accumulate too much heat I think. Finally I finish with at least two coats of mascara ensuring the first coat is completely dry before applying the second coat. I used to always use waterproof mascara as I found it held the curl better (for late nights out) but it is of course difficult to remove without losing more lashes. I loved Cover girl Marathon Mascara but it was almost impossible to remove, as anyone who has used it can likely attest! Therefore I usually use regular mascara unless I am swimming or wanting it to last overnight (I know a no no for our lashes), but sometimes one wants over 16 hours out of their mascara! So, I really want those babies to hold the curl longer and better I will use a good waterproof mascara!

on 6/30/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My HG eyelash curler. Ive read some bad reviews but this works for me. Ive gone through several eyelash curler and my biggest gripe is that the cushion wears quickly because the metal digs into it as you curl. I am happy to say that this cushion has not given in at the slightest and Ive been using it for almost 6 months.
It delivers a nice curl with medium pressure applied.
Does not pinch.
I don't see the rubber sold separately but if I ever need a new rubber, Id buy this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I like it. It curled my lashes nicely. No need to squeeze the life out of your lashes to get results. I'm not sure why this lash curler doesn't work on others. Maybe your lashes are still damp from the shower or your moisturizer?

The clamp is curvier than shiseido's so I have to be careful and not rush curling my lashes lest I pinch my asian eyes. Which is the same for any lash curler anyway. Maybe they could choose a different color because it's a challenge to see if you got all you lashes through the clamp with the black color.

TIP: Make sure your lashes are dry and don't squeeze to hard. Take your time as you gently squeeze the clamp together to get curved lashes. Warming up the contraption with a blow dryer for a few seconds helps to speed up the lash curling process. Just warm it up enough to touch but not burn your eye lids.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Are you kidding me? This thing is junk. It doesn't curl whatsoever. I think Sally Hansen has a much better eyelash curler, ladies. Don't waste your money on this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A good eyelash curler, just a bit curvy for my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I usually use the regular silver eyelash curler with the white band, but they were sold out at my local drugstore. So I decided to pick this up. It really does curl and hold your lashes. I like to start off at the base of my lashes and work my way up. Def will repurchase:)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

when i first got it i didnt like it because it dosent have the spring or watever, so i have to open and close it manually but now i really likeit, it works really well.

on 7/10/2010 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the black metal curler with the red pads. When I first tried it, I hated it. I recently tried it again and now I love it. It does really really curl your lashes for the entire day!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools