Revlon Extra Curl Lash Curler

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Revlon Extra Curl Lash Curler

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just loove this lash curler it does not crimp my lashes and the curl pad is nice and rounded. I use the same routine with each lash curler I should add. I usually do not start too close to the lash line as that tends to pull out your lashes if you press too hard and you can actually pinch your eyelid, ouch! As this comes with an extra pad, I cut this in half and usually do first the outside lashes of my left eye (of course placing the curler pad on the left of the curler when the curler is facing me on the inner side (concave side)), I then "walk out" the curler at least one, sometimes two times to get maximum curl for that area of my lashes (3 curls in total as a maximum for that area of my lashes). I will then do my inner lashes on my right eye using the same "walk out" routine. I repeat, moving the pad to the middle of the lash curler and then do both left and right eye lash line in the middle again "walking out" the curler. Finally I finish by moving the pad all the way to the right and finishing the left eye inner eyelashes and then the right eye outer lashes, done! I find by using a half pad and three curl positions per eye, I do not miss any lashes! Now, before I apply any mascara, I have some variations if I want the curl to hold more. I "hot curl" as I like to call it if I want maximum hold on the curl. I take a blow dryer and run it usually on the lowest setting and heat the curler. What I like about the Revlon curler over others is because it is a composite material (plastic?) it does not head up on the pressure pad at all compared to most curlers, which are metal. I also think the metal curling plate is more likely to break lashes. Please check the heat on the part that touches your eyelid if you use a blow dryer to heat it (I have burned mine, ouch with metal curlers) first on your hand or somewhere not as sensitive as your eyelid!, it will not burn your hand on low setting, metal curlers are more likely to hold and accumulate too much heat I think. Finally I finish with at least two coats of mascara ensuring the first coat is completely dry before applying the second coat. I used to always use waterproof mascara as I found it held the curl better (for late nights out) but it is of course difficult to remove without losing more lashes. I loved Cover girl Marathon Mascara but it was almost impossible to remove, as anyone who has used it can likely attest! Therefore I usually use regular mascara unless I am swimming or wanting it to last overnight (I know a no no for our lashes), but sometimes one wants over 16 hours out of their mascara! So, I really want those babies to hold the curl longer and better I will use a good waterproof mascara!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

when i first got it i didnt like it because it dosent have the spring or watever, so i have to open and close it manually but now i really likeit, it works really well.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools