Milani Nail Lacquer in Fairy Tale

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 1/30/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

What bothers me about Fairy Tale (& ALL of Milani's Halloween 2009 collection) is that the black base is so intense & the glitter so micro-fine & sparse that you don't get much of the blingy payoff that you see in the bottle. Two coats of this on my nails looks basically like black polish with a slight blue tinge (in normal lighting). I have to get real close to see the tiny glitter specks on my nails & only do they show up in spotlight or sunlight (which I don't have right now). Like the other colors in this collex (I have the red, blurple & silver) which all come out the same virtually black, I'll use this as a base color under other polishes & when the bottle empties out a little bit I'll add dense glitter polish in a corresponding color (I have tons in blue) to give it more glitter bling & color payoff. Milani One Coat Glitter would be good to add. It annoys me that right now my nails look like a super-dark navy cream. I'd like the payoff to be more like the bottle color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This shade is supposedly from Halloween '09. It's a gorgeous black with tiny electric blue glitter - it's almost like a nebula of glitter in the black base, and it glows so beautifully that I didn't even realize it was a black base (vs. a darker blue base) till I started applying. It's opaque in 3 coats. I don't like the long, skinny brush, which made applying a bit of a pain. It also takes a bit longer to dry than I care for, about 20 minutes per coat. Finally, Milani should really update their packaging - a colour this lush and gorgeous belongs in a big, weighty, sculptural bottle.

Popular Polishes