Filtered by skin tone : Olive

3.6

on 3/26/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

First time I used this as a BB cream it was too light on my face. I was so disappointed because I liked the formula. So I put it away for a year until I suddenly realized I could use it as a highlighter/primer. Now I only apply this BB cream under my eyes, on eyelids, areas around my mouth before applying my Missha BB Cream on the other areas and then my concealer, bronzer, blush etc. The combination of the two BB Creams define my face more. I don't use a primer under it, because the BB Creams really work as a primer too for me. My makeup stayes on all day. Sometimes I add just a little of my Revlon Colorstay foundation over the BB Creams, for evenings/special occasions. I've never had so many compliments on my skin. Even a seller from the beauty store wanted to know what I used for my skin.

So now I love this BB Cream, but it's too light for me to use it all over my face. But it's perfect for the areas I want to highlight.

After reading all the reviews on this, I had high hopes for this BB cream. Unfortunately, it didn't do a great job on my olive skin tone. It has a greyish undertone which was evident after applying, but even after oxidising it didn't match my skin. I also found that it didn't give much coverage even though it's fairly thick, which was really disappointing.

on 11/4/2013 11:57:00 PM

This bb cream feels light, dewy finish, no break out, doesn't melt or cakey in hot weather, but it gives dull/ grey complexion on my yellowish tone fair skin, also seems gone away through the time :(
Has minimum coverage, the coverage is better on the second layer, but that also gives thick feeling ~____~

As other reviewers have found, this BB cream has a grey-ish tinge to it when first applied but then adapts to your skin tone (not colour) fairly well, especially once you've applied powder over it. I'd say it's ideally suited to NC15-20 skin tones, hence I only wear it in the winter/spring months before my skin darkens. It is fairly thick but sheers out very well with a brush but you only need a very small amount. You can take it right up to the eyes and use less concealer in the process. On summer days when I need a bit of extra help with my problem skin, I squeeze equal amounts of BB cream and foundation, mix well and apply with a brush. The look is great and I still get the high SPF protection and skin-loving properties of a BB cream. It's not my absolute favourite, which is Smashbox in Light, but only because of the slightly off colour. In every other way it's perfect, especially if you have fairer skin than mine.

on 7/29/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this from Amazon for about $20 including shipping. I have combination skin and I think this BB cream is pretty good. Like others have said, it produces a grey cast but I find that it adjusts to my skin tone in a few minutes. The feel can be greasy but it doesn't really bother me because it feels so light on my skin and evens out my complexion. it doesn't necessarily cover a lot but it's certainly better than other BB creams in terms of coverage. One downside to this BB cream is that it feels really heavy out of the bottle and kind of makes it hard for me to blend and it MAY accentuate dry spots.

EDIT:
I have grown and realized this BB cream is pretty bad lol. It's way too thick and I understand the grey cast thing people say. I feel like my face is pretty sticky when I wear this and it doesn't have enough coverage for the thickness that I feel on my face. I was lying when I said it was light on my skin, it's not light to me anymore!

on 7/1/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

i've buy the sample of this BB cream to make sure if my skin can accept this BB cream.. and the result was AMAZING!

first time i put out this bb cream from the sample i was thinking that the texture very thick.. i thought it will not good for my skin and it's lil bit oily.. my skin can't stand some product with oil base.. but, after i applied it to my skin and wait for few second i was sooo fallin love with the result.. my skin look flawless and some black spot on my face was covered.. after few hours, i see my face still look flawless like when i was used it before with very little oily on my T zone.. but it's fine for me, coz it's the first time of my life that i'm used some product that not make my face like "oil fields"..

and after few hours using this product and clean it, my skin looks more better than before i'm not used this.. i understand now why people so in love with BB cream.. it's cover ur bad area skin but repair it at the same time..

Lovveee this product!! i'll buy the bottle version of this BB cream.. even it's kinda expensive on my country, as long it's gives me a good result that would be fine.. :D

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really love this BB cream, and i think i should buy it again. recommended from my friends

If you are Korean girl living inside of Korea, it is kinda impossible not to have heard of this product. Ever since the BB cream was huge hit in Korea, this was one of the most well-known, popular and famous BB cream inside of Korea. I know they sell this in abroad as well since I have seen them while I was in Europe as well.
I have used it last year, and I kinda forgot that I had this BB cream since I switched to the other BB cream, and this year while I was clearing out my old pouch I found it and it got me thinking to write about it.
This BB is kinda like the standard BB cream that can be suitable for general people. Since I have tanner skin than the average Korean woman, the general trend was not always suitable for me but for this one, I guess it was okay! I recommend this for those of who has the tan skin, and if you use it by mixing up with serum or moisturizer, you can expect the bext result since it is kinda thick. I'm using the different BB in these days and stronly willing to stick to it for further more, but I think if I get a chance, I would buy it again for alternative. ;)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My skin is on the darker side (NC42), but I still think this is a fantastic product! If I put on a very thin layer of this product, my blemishes are not concealed at all but my overall skin tone is even and looks quite natural. I do not look pale or gray/ashy. If I want better coverage, I simply mix this with an equal amount of my foundation and apply to my face with my fingers to get a very natural look with some decent coverage. My skin looks flawless, and after only one week of use I am noticing some lightening of my acne scars and softer skin!

I do wish that this was available in a darker shade so I can stick to using one product, but it is made in a country where the majority of people are lighter in color and so they will make what their primary customer base uses.

Though the SPF level for this is high, I still use a light sunscreen underneath for extra sun protection (according to experts, the amount of BB cream a person would normally apply to their face would not provide adequate protection). I have noticed that this has a tendency to clog the pores on my nose after a couple days of use, so it is also important to lightly exfoliate every few days as well.

on 2/17/2013 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Skin type: I'm Asian with the usual yellow undertone. I have moderate acne, combination skin, pretty enlarged pores especially around my cheek area, as well as sensitive skin that heals very slowly.

I only started using BB creams very recently and have never looked back since. Skin79 is my 2nd BB cream purchase (my first was Dr. Wu's Acnecur which was a little too greasy & ashy), and is already on my HG list. It feels very light and moisturizing on the skin, like you're not wearing any thing at all, yet manages to hide signs of redness and smaller blemishes. I still have to use concealer to completely cover my acne scars and dark circles, but that's ok as coverage of this BB cream tends to lean more towards medium. What it does particularly well is evening out skin tone. It blends rather smoothly with fingers, though I find this goes on better with a well moisturized face. When you first slap it on, the color looks an alarming grey but begins to oxidize after a few minutes and within an hour or so it would have magically melted into my skin, making it look like I'm hardly wearing any make-up. As for staying power, I'd say its fairly budge proof and decently keeps oiliness at bay. Depending on humidity and the kind of activities you're engaged in while wearing this, I believe you can get a good 6-8hrs before it starts to fade and look splotchy. It withstood me leaning over a BBQ fire for 2hrs, so I'd say it's pretty long lasting! What I also love about this BB cream is that it seems to have lightened quite a few of the scars and dark spots on my face, and my skin felt significantly smoother after just a week of daily application. The only slightly annoying thing about this BB cream is that it does require some time to set in before applying pressed powder (if you need heavier coverage). But I guess this could be easily resolved by using translucent or loose powder instead.

Overall, this is a lovely product that provided very natural, long-lasting coverage for me and most importantly, improved my skin texture and didn't cause any breakouts. A definite re-purchase!