Filtered by skin tone : Tan

3.9

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I end up just using a darker setting powder to offset how white it can look on my face.

on 5/11/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I used this stuff for about two years and it is too light for my skin so I used it under my foundation. I find that my skin does well with it because it is nourishing my skin under the foundation. Otherwise, I found a BB Cream that is perfect for me and this is going to take a backseat.

Essentially, this works decent, but there are better ones out there for my skin texture and color.

on 1/19/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Now I heard such raves about Asian BB creams so I decided to try it out for those days that I didn't feel like putting on a whole face, but wanted a little coverage. Now i have oily acne-prone skin so I thought I try the pink version. And I found the product so-so. I am kind of tan, so the color doesn't match well with my skin, it makes me look lighter than what I am, but not a nasty like color contrast either. It would be better for people with fair or whiter complexion. Coverage wise it does a pretty decent job, it didn't cover every single blemish, but it is def. more than just a tint moisturizer. I did love the fact it has spf in it though, but I did find it leaving my skin oily which really upset me because that was the one thing I was trying to avoid. As far as it evening my skin tone, well I am not really sure if it did, I felt it kind of has, but it's a small difference. I am still using the product so maybe by the time I finish it I'll see results. I do like that it has a pump though I find it more hygienic.

However, do remove it just like you would remove make-up.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Verdict: Amazing product for lazy days, fairly good coverage.

I was on the hunt for a product that I can easily use for school, because my usual foundation routine takes up too much of my time (I have a tan skin tone - think Beyonce - and I usually have to mix two foundation shades together to get the perfect match). The packaging comes with a very useful pump, but be warned: a little goes a LONG way with this BB cream. I usually pump out a fat teardrop size on each cheek, nose, chin and left and right area of my forehead before blending with my fingers. This is because any more than that and the product will not match my skintone, even after it has oxidised. If you're still unsure, check out official youtube videos on how to use BB creams - the models never put on alot of product. The fact that it matched was a very important requirement for me for a BB cream, as most Asian BB creams are only suited for fair skin with yellow undertones. But with this one, the cream FINALLY matches my skin tone! Hurrah!

It has a very light texture and that is exactly what I love about this BB cream: I never feel like it's sitting on my face. It absorbs easily but seems to have a grey undertone when first applied, although this disappears soon enough (as long as you don't over-apply!). It has a dewy finish, and I also like that because I feel like it makes me look fresh.

I use this for school and casual meet-ups when I feel lazy to do the whole she-bang. Although it does not give me any coverage for my dark eye circles (a problem area), it does eliminate some redness and brightens my skin. I've also been pretty blessed with good genes and never had any acne problems, so I don't know how this would work out on acne-prone/sensitive skin.

Overall, will buy again as my "lazy" foundation, unless someone can recommend me a better BB cream than this one!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite bb creams that I used so far, only downside is that it looks very grayish. Also, the coverage is not that great

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this product for just under a year and like it. As a new mom I don't really have time to do my makeup and the fact that this has a pump is amazing it makes it that much quicker. I am a light medium-tan skin tone with very dry skin that gets a bit oily in the summertime. The one thing I don't like is the clammy undertone it makes me look like a ghost, but it does disappear and blend in with your skin after a few minutes so it doesn't even look like you're wearing makeup ! The packaging sucks though the lettering on mine is hardly even noticable anymore, not that I care just sayin ! Overall I recommend and may repurchase..I just bought the gold label so we will see which one I like better ! BTW I bought mine off ebay for around $15 so whoever it was that was paying $30 is getting HC ripped off ! And yes it is the real thing !

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I do like how this is smooth on my skin and actually DOES look like my skin in texture, but the only problem is that it still is too light for me, even in the winter. I realize that I'm not one of those light-skinned Asians, but nor am I dark (I'm medium), and since this was made for Asians, I thought it would work better on me or at least have more of a golden-ness after oxidizing. I'm still trying to find some use for it, and I have noticed that if I mix it with mineral foundation, it gives quite good coverage -- unfortunately, mixing it ruins the texture for me and makes me look cakey up close. Overall, I would recommend this product if you have light, cool toned skin, but it is not for me. Coverage is not amazing, but I do notice that it noticeably fades away some of my redness.

on 12/2/2012 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Since I have tan skin (about NC40) that gets really oily, I use this as a primer under my foundation. It smooths out my skin, gives me some coverage and has decent oil control while giving me sun protection and skin benefits. I apply a good amount of this bb cream all over my face and put on a tinted moisturizer and my skin looks fabulous!
If you're a tanned skinned girl like me, use this as a primer and put a lightweight foundation over it!

on 10/2/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

***ATTENTION OLIVE, TAN & LIGHT BROWN GIRLS...***

WOW!

I ordered some samples of this directly from Korea after doing a TON of research on BB creams for weeks. I also ordered 3 comparable creams from other companies - BB's that were good for acne prone skin and discoloration.

While I also tried the BRTC Blemish Recover Balm SPF 28 and Liole - Beyond The Solution, I like this much more because I feel like I got more immediate results from wearing this for about a week and the samples for this were MUCH more generous so I got a clearer picture of how it works. This smoothed on easier, and was also water resistant (could even apply it to a moist face - the others would not blend in while semi wet and generally didn't feel as good going on).

This brought pimples that were under the surface of my skin up and out really fast and seemed to heal them and diminish them immediately and left over acne marks literally started to fade within the first two days!

I DID NOT BUY THIS TO USE AS A FOUNDATION!!! It makes an INCREDIBLE PORELESS PRIMER under my foundation and makeup. I don't consider this makeup/foundation at all, and since I am black/mixed, I certainly would NOT wear this as foundation. BUT, since I am not that dark (a true nc42/43 - C5/6 - not a sun-tanned girl...) and this blends in more like a lotion rather than sitting on top of skin like makeup and doesn't make me super pale, it actually works fine without any major issues. Under makeup, this makes my face look BRIGHTER, not LIGHTER!

Other ethnic girls who are up to deep tan/light brown should try it UNDER their makeup as healthy skin primer and Asian companies should probably start making these good BB's in darker and yellow based colors because the American versions SUCK and I know some Asian girls who are naturally darker than I am...just saying...

My foundation wears over it beautifully while looking more glowy than usual and I use far less foundation with it than without which is awesome! It makes me look flawless and extends the wear of my makeup while improving my skin and evening my skin tone... I don't think I could ask for anything more.

I will update if anything changes, but I just ordered a full bottle of the authentic stuff, so, for now, I am hooked! HG Primer+ continued >>

on 6/17/2012 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

this is the first bb cream I own. at first I tried my mom's vip gold and decided to buy this because this is the one for oily skin. it is too light for me but it oxidizes pretty close to my skin tone. I use it everyday to school and my friends said that my face looks brighter. I also noticed that using this gradually evens out my complexion. very reccomended!
UPDATE: I just started using Ponds Clear Balance Oil Control Facial Foam this morning, and the matte result definitely prolong the wear of the bb cream and reduce the oily look on your skin. I finished getting ready at 6.30 AM and my skin still looks amazing at 5 PM.