Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

on 12/17/2015 2:34:00 PM

This is a product I used to love but now I'm not so fond of it. I'm not sure if you are aware, but this product was reformulated last year.

At first I was excited, thinking a reformulation would mean an improvement. One of the reformulation aims was to get rid of the "grey" aspect. I don't even know what to say. I mean maybe it is a little less grey, but it is a lot lighter than it used to be. I am an "ivory" and I look sick putting this on.

This bb cream also is heavy and transfers. If I blow my nose half my makeup comes off. The makeup lasts only half the day even if I don't touch my face. It just fades off and melts. I have combination skin.

I've come to a sad end with hot pink. I have about 1 and half tubes and I can't wait to use it up and be done with it. I wear it to work and school because I don't care what I look like there. Not around friends or my boyfriend. Once upon a time my friend's mom raved how great my skin looked wearing this. I'm not exactly sure what happened.

on 7/20/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love skin79's bb cream. I thought it would be an essential part of my everyday makeup routine; my how things have changed! I have used it consistently everyday for about a year and a half. For a brief period, my skin condition was improving, plus I liked how it wasn't too full coverage. About a month ago, I started getting horrible acne on my cheeks, tzone, and chin. I blamed everything but my beloved skin79. I only realized that was the culprit after I wasn't using it for a week due to lack of availability in my area. My skin cleared up! Looking back, maybe this product wasn't the best.
Cons:
-Very thick consistency that will transfer onto anything your face touches
-settles into facial creases and pores, making them more obvious.
-product will "dull" though out the day, making skin look tired and in itself dull.

I also felt like I could not use other products (eg. Primer, powder, contour ) along with it. Almost like nothing was compatible with it.

Pros:
- hygienic and practical packaging
-blend ability and color

That's about it. I'm sure this will consistently work for some skin. In a way I'm glad this stopped working for me because I have moved on to better products

on 11/21/2014 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The Skin79 Super BB Cream in Hot Pink is one of the best foundations or similar that I've ever used. I use a very generous amount of moisturizer first. Then add 1 pump of BB cream. It looks greyish right out of the bottle, and goes on whitish, but within 2-5 minutes it oxidizes to a light-medium skintone. By "oxidize" I don't mean orange or dark, just skintone. Perfect finish and buildable coverage for blemishes and a light undereye concealer, though many users may want to use a separate concealer. Lasts well all day.

on 9/30/2014 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for the last six months and my skin has never looked better. And it lasts forever! A little dab is just the right amount of coverage. I got the sample set to try them all and the Pearl is good for a highlighter, but I wouldn't use it for anything else. The gold was good too, but slightly more tan on me. I'm keeping the sample tube on hand just in case I ever get an actual tan.

My complexion best matches Alabaster from Clinique, that's how pale I am.

For the price range this BB blends better than anything else I have tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I think that the hot pink B.B. cream is probably one of the ones a little closer to foundation even though it goes on creamy like most B.B.'s do. It provides nice coverage but it just didn't seem to... do much. Kind of a dull look, I suppose. I'm glad it works for so many but for me it's a made up look (but not caked!). This is too dark for alabaster skin tones, by the way. NC15-25ish seems to have the best luck with it.

This seems to be the first Skin79 B.B. many try out for some reason. I recommend looking into the others and reading into what skin types they are suitable for so there is no disappointment. I have oily skin and it didn't control or worsen it. 50/50.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Now that I've discovered this I don't use anything else. The consistency is perfect and doesn't sit on top of my skin like other foundation does (I know it's not tehnically a foundation) but rather absorbs into the skin and looks natural while still giving coverage. It's a BIT pale, I wish there was a slightly darker version, but it blends in with my colouring well. Doesn't make me break out and doesn't dry me out either. Love it. Trying the gold label next.

on 2/14/2014 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked the product. But see - "liked", not "loved".
This is because the product have low coverage and could have more SPF. Nonethless, the colour match with my skin tone, and also don't let my skin oily. But it does't give a matte efect.
But I can see why is this product so famous - sticks in the skin forever! I guess It can fits very well in girls with normal skin ou dry skin.

This is a rating on the pink label, but also a comparison of the orange, gold, the new purple and pink Skin79 BB creams..

I have tried my fair share of BB creams and most recently was using Dior Snow which I liked, but I couldn't get over the $50+ price tag. Plus, their coloring isn't perfect for me, so off I went on a BB cream hunt. I purchased three Skin79 BB creams in the smaller version to try them out: gold, pink & orange. I have fair, combination skin which swings very far in either direction depending on weather and skin treatments I'm doing, and is acne prone so it was hard for me to say which I 100% liked best because my needs could change even daily. I do like that I could purchase the smaller amounts for this reason.

Orange: My favorite as far as ingredients (high whitening power, 50 SPF, vitamin C), a bit less thick and went on a little easier than the pink. However, this one loses because the color is wayyyyyy too fair, yellow and doesn't oxidize to adjust like the others. I'm not heartbroken that I have it though, I could do some mixing to make it work and I'll just wear it when I will be in the sun more and don't care if I look color-matched.

Gold: Less coverage than the other two but is more silky and the most moisturizing. I'm liking this one for my dried-out winter skin that I just got IPL on...my skin barrier is currently pissed and this one has been the nicest to it. If you have dry skin this one might be your best bet because although I've had more oily skin, IPL has made me very dry while I'm healing so now I understand what it's like to have dry skin. Less is more...the heaver coverage made me look like I had a mask on and wasn't very flattering.

Purple: This one was horrible for me. And I'm equally as ticked that I purchased it because there were no smaller bottles. This one was slightly darker colored than the pink and was supposed to be hydrating. It did not dry me out, but it NEVER grabbed onto the skin. It just looked like a mask of something spread all over my face. You could really tell in the corners of my nose...just not a good look and I'd only give it one star for SPF and whitening ingredients.

Pink: This one wins the color battle. It says on their site it's for oily skin and I'd agree. When I put it on it's VERY dewy, slightly gray. I couldn't even imaging not using a powder with this because of the shine, but it calms down and it kept me oil-free. I found myself using more because it's thicker. Covered well. I'm a bit dry right now and it made me feel/look dry which is not the product's fault. I'd say it does exactly what it says and for the price, it's a pretty great option for my oily days.

on 11/10/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to start by saying this is my favorite beauty product of ALL time. Yes, it is that good!!! I have tried MANY of Skin79's BB creams, but I am faithful to this one! I have used it religiously for a year and a half (on my FIFTH bottle!). I have very acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin that is very pale in the winter, but tans nicely in the summer. I use this product year-round, even with changes in my skin tone.

My notes about this product:

1. No offensive smell, and that is important for me.

2. The packaging is amazing! Very sanitary and easy to use. Plus the pink is cute :)

3. The product is thick, and feels moisturizing. But it is not cakey at all! It leaves a dewy finish, not a matte finish.

4. It does not set immediately. It doesn't completely "dry" for a bit, but I like this because it allows me to work the BB cream into my skin.

5. This product has a grey undertone when you first apply it, but IT CHANGES TO MATCH YOUR SKIN! I promise! Do not be afraid of how your face looks initially, because within 30 minutes it will adjust.

6. The coverage is better than drugstore BB creams, but it is not a full coverage foundation. I use this product on a daily basis, but if I have breakouts, I have to use concealer.

7. I have noticed that it helps lighten my hyperpigmentation!!! This is the only foundation that I do not feel guilty putting on my face because I truly feel it is helping me skin! Not just covering it up.

8. It doesn't break me out! And I have super sensitive skin. I can sleep in this, no problem at all. Like I said above, I do not feel guilty about putting this on my skin.

9. The SPF is a huge benefit in the summer.

10. I have gotten so many compliments towards my skin when using this product because it looks VERY natural. Great for that "no-makeup" look.

11. I apply it with my fingers.

12. Here is a good review on youtube that I completely agree with:

Final verdict:
I will FOREVER repurchase this product. I will always have a bottle on hand because I wear it on an everyday basis. If I only use one makeup product, I use this. If I could only have one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be this!

I really wanted to love this bb cream. I really did, it had cute packaging, nice coverage, and it matched my skin tone perfectly.

Unfortunately, within a week of using the product I noticed that I was breaking out, which is not normal for me. I do get the occasional pimple every now and again, but ever like this. These were large, painful pimples on my forehead and chin, just generally in my t-zone.

I tried everything, every exfoliant, wash, wipe, and mask, but nothing would get rid of these pimples. I eventually stopped using the BB cream, as it was the only new product in my daily routine. Within a week, I've seen huge improvements. Almost all of the pimples, except 1, are either completely gone, or very near.

I've recently switched to Covergirl's Clean Whipped Creme foundation, which seems to be suiting my skin much better! As for the BB cream, I would definitely not recommend it for anybody with sensitive or acne prone skin.