Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 36-43

3.7

on 3/24/2018 11:18:00 AM

This product gives great coverage. Having said that, it does not at all adapt to your skin tone. It made me look extremely pale and left a gray cast. This also feels heavy and slides off mid day. It also cakes up on t zone areas even though it says it's oil control. This stuff broke me out badly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am married to this stuff. After my first couple of bottles, I dared stray to other foundations/ tinted moisturizers/ BB creams. I finally learned my lesson, and now will buy nothing else for this purpose, as long as it is available.
My skin is very fair and cool-toned, verging on pink... When I have tried in the past to use a more yellow-leaning or even "neutral" foundation to tone down the ruddiness, the result has been... ORANGE, especially after any oxidation at all.
Enter Skin79 Hot Pink, in all its greige glory. This is the one and only product that has rendered my skin *beige*. Neutral. Fair, but neither pink or yellow. Lovely.
The formula is creamy and has a quasi-satin-demi-matte finish, which does not budge or transfer. It is neither drying nor oily... just beautiful.
I do use Pacifica's Iris and Jasmine oil-controlling primer beneath it in the warmer months, and this helps keep my t-zone in control.
I love the excellent sun protection this provides... the coverage (don't need concealer even under my eyes, most days) the dewy-but-not-shiny finish, and excellent wear.
I'm on my bazillionth bottle, and will repurchase again and again.

on 8/10/2014 9:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Meh...I've used better...and worse...It's very pale...I like a more yellow base...but it feels good on the skin..and I got it at a discount on ebay...7 bucks...(the box was crushed)..but I did my research and it was the real deal...a lot of counterfeits out there...all in all...just meh...;)...

After using this for a minute...I have to say there is a lingering effect of some moderate skin improvement...so I'll see my MEH...and I'll raise it with a hmmm...no too shabby...

on 3/1/2014 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like how light this BB cream feels on my skin. It doesn't have that 'heavy' foundation feel. Coverage is light to medium. I no longer need to use concealer under my eyes, which is great because I always feel that concealer makes my under-eye areas look cakey and aging no matter how little I use. I do, however, need to apply a second layer to cover the redness caused by broken capillaries around my nose and upper lip area.
I am NC 20-25 combination skin, and the color matches well with my skin tone. I feel that my face actually looks brighter, with a slight dewy finish. I don't set it with powder since it's winter now, but I may have to powder my T-zone in summer.
Be sure to moisturize prior to applying this cream.
Overall, this BB cream is a keeper!

As other reviewers have found, this BB cream has a grey-ish tinge to it when first applied but then adapts to your skin tone (not colour) fairly well, especially once you've applied powder over it. I'd say it's ideally suited to NC15-20 skin tones, hence I only wear it in the winter/spring months before my skin darkens. It is fairly thick but sheers out very well with a brush but you only need a very small amount. You can take it right up to the eyes and use less concealer in the process. On summer days when I need a bit of extra help with my problem skin, I squeeze equal amounts of BB cream and foundation, mix well and apply with a brush. The look is great and I still get the high SPF protection and skin-loving properties of a BB cream. It's not my absolute favourite, which is Smashbox in Light, but only because of the slightly off colour. In every other way it's perfect, especially if you have fairer skin than mine.

on 4/11/2013 10:59:00 AM

Product - Very impressed with this product. I have been using this for about a month. I don't have any major skin issues (so I can't attest to any healing or preventative properties), but I prefer to wear a TM or BB cream to even out my coloring. This BB cream does in fact lean a little grayish mauve before application. Since I don't need a ton of coverage, and we live in a very dry climate, I blend this 50/50 with my moisturizer/serum before applying - something heavier when my skin is feeling particularly dry, or a light daily SPF15 moisturizer during summer months. (I'll update this review if I ever wear it straight from the bottle.) It goes on smoothly and blends easily. Unlike some TMs it doesn't seem to highlight dry flaky areas of skin as badly. Does a great job of evening out my coloring and leaves a flawless canvas with which to work. I'm AAB/NC25 so I suppose this BB cream was "meant" for gals like me. Indeed, it is an excellent match for me. What I like most about this BB cream is its water-resistance - it may even be waterproof. My old TM would rub off easily whenever I touched my face, blew my nose, whatever. This BB stays puts and never comes off on a tissue or scarf or hands, yet it doesn't plug my pores or weigh down my skin. Doesn't feel heavy or greasy or drying. I love that I can touch my face during the day and not worry about it wearing or rubbing off. It wears so well, it feels like I'm not wearing a BB or TM at all. Washes off without difficulty at the end of the day with my usual skincare routine.

Packaging - Full size unit is a squat cylinder of fuschia plastic, and the top surface is pressed to push product out of a small hole at the top of the cylinder. Surprisingly good control.

Other - What the heck is "beblesh"? LOL.

Overall - Pretty sure this is a HG item, but I'll be trying some of the other Skin79 BB formulations anyway to confirm :)

UPDATE: I decided to keep both the Hot Pink Super+ and VIP Gold Super+ on hand. Turns out the Gold is better suited for my skin during the drier winter months, and Hot Pink during warmer weather. continued >>

on 12/7/2012 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried a few BB cream and like them all in general, but this one is my favourite. My skin is combination and some BB cream make my oily T-zone looks really oily, some make my dry cheeks look very dry. But this BB cream is just great that I don't find my combination skin is a problem any more, as long as I moisturise my dry parts properly. It is easy to apply, has beautiful packaging, gives a nice coverage and cheap. I like it so much that I just ordered 7 more to give out to family and friends as Christmas present this year.

on 11/30/2012 8:24:00 PM

I was hopeful but this product gave me the worst breakout of my life. And that's saying a lot. I had a cyst so large and painful I had to go to the derm to get a cortisone shot. I have never had to do that before and I've suffered horrible cystic acne all my life. Add to that it was grey on my skin. Just a big disaster for me. (I tried the Gold as well and the same thing happened. Yes, I am that stupid.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't work for me at all. Its way to light and grey and sort of drying. When I first put it on, my skin seems moisterized but after that the BB cream dries on my skin and makes my skin dry along with it.

I've been using it with my Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer and its worked ok. The KA product is really pigmented and a bit too dark and yello for me. This combo lightens up the color and makes the KA a bit less dewy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great product for someone who already has good skin and doesn't require much coverage. For me, it's a bit too sheer. Other than that, it's lovely - great price, doesn't cause breakouts, wears well, good colormatch for my NC15 skin, very moist but not greasy. Slightly dewy finish. Looks grey when you first squeeze it out but once applied, it looks really natural. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't totally cover my redness or blemishes. Perfect for weekends.