Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Thought I would try this out for the summer months instead of the hold one but the coverage is waaaay too sheer! I think someone with really great skin could get away with it but it really hides nothing for me. I don't like the color as well as the gold either. I'm an NC25 and the gold has more yellow I think than this one. This seems more grey to me.

What this is NOT: full coverage foundation

What this IS: a fantastic tinted moisturizer and or primer to wear under your foundation or powder.

For a sheer dewy look: apply a dot on nose, cheeks, forehead and blend. Yes, it's grey to start, but oxidizes quickly and will match your skin. Use a beauty blender to insure good blending, then set with your powder of choice. I use the Laura Geller Balance n Brighten over it, FLAWLESS.

For more coverage, apply as stated above but then apply your foundation over it.

It helps everything stay put longer, and you will notice a wonderful brightening effect.

Don't waste your time or money with the US BB creams, this is the real deal.

on 9/15/2012 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I never thought I'd wear anything but powder on my face again, but this stuff is pure magic! I've used it for a week now to test it out. Thanks to age and BCP I'm not really acne prone (anymore) but my skin is super sensitive to changes in the regime and this manifests itself as gross little milia under my skin's surface. Thankfully I did not experience any dreaded reactions with the skin79 BB cream!

As many others have mentioned it does have a grey cast, but it's quite the chameleon because it adjusts to a wide range of fair to medium skin tones. In my experience the coverage is light to medium, which is exactly what I want. I love that it contains SPF because I'm notoriously lazy about applying a separate sunscreen under my makeup.

I can't really say that it controls oil, but it doesn't make me any oilier and that's a win for me! The skin whitening properties seem to be effective. After a week my skin tone seems to look better and more even when I take my makeup off. The first day I used it I was brewing a big hurtful pimple between my eyebrows from TOTM. By the end of the day after wearing this BB cream it was noticeably smaller and less red.

To summarize, I'm amazed that this product lives up to it's claims and it is a definite repurchase!

on 8/30/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This came in a 4-pack I ordered to try. I wanted to try BB creams to streamline my am routine...I need to wear sunscreen daily as I am very prone to hyperpigmentation. My skin is sensitive to chemical filters, so I am stuck with physical filters like Zinc0 and TiO2. And since I have a light but not super pale complexion, I have to mix in bronzer or apply makeup over the sunscreen to make it look right. Add in the fact that most Zinc0 sunscreens are drying, so I require a moisturizer...and you now have an annoyingly complicated am routine for a low maintenance person who travels a lot. SO, this seemed like a wonderful solution.

I did not notice any grayness when I applied it. I did notice that my entire NC25-30ish face was 2 shades lighter. I looked like I was trying out for a vampire movie. It appeared like full foundation that was 2 shades too light. So I waited for it to oxidize................................................................................................................................................................................................................an hour later there was no change, and I had to wash it off to leave the house and look presentable.

Now, I notice that many happy muaers are using this much more sparingly than I was...which is fine, if you don't care about getting any sun protection. For me, this isn't any better than regular makeup that I mix into my sunscreen or apply over it. It is cheap, so.....there's that.

on 4/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll not bore you with the details of what is obviously a rave review for a HG product - others have stated the positives and done so more than adequately. The only thing I regret about this product is that I didn't find it 10 years and $1000's ago. To be considered HG for me, foundations have to have the following qualities:

1) Sink in and match my skintone exactly, to the point where it is virtually undetectable up-close
2) Leave a slightly dewy finish and not look too matte
3) Contain an SPF - but not feel uncomfortable or heavy
4) Even out my skintone and light sun damage without looking like I blotted out every flaw on my face with the facial equivalent of White Out.
5) Wear for at least an 8 hour workday without leaving me either cakey or flakey.

This product matches all the above criteria, so 5 well-deserved lippies from me! I will positively EXPIRE if they ever discontinue this stuff.