Filtered by skin tone : Medium age: 36-43

3.3

on 11/26/2012 6:05:00 PM

When I first used this, I loved it. It smoothed out my complexion, covered nicely and just looked good but not heavy. Unfortunately, within about two weeks I developed severe acne along my jawline with no other changes to my skin care regimen. I am 42 years old, and while I do get acne sometimes, I dont get severe amounts along my jawline and cheeks. It has taken more than 3 weeks for my skin to get remotely better. Probably didnt help that I continued to use it when I was getting acne, thinking "oh, i need to use more because my skin looks like crap" when it was the cream itself causing the acne.

Too bad as I really wanted to like this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

First BB Cream and I love it. I have used this for about a month now and I love it, use it every day is some way. The color blends with my neutral/cool NW30 skintone perfectly after settling in. I can wear this alone with some powder on top for a natural look, or as a primer under foundation for a fuller coverage look. Works beautifully. Hides pores, evens out my skintone, doesn't make me shiny or greasy. I personally think this is just beneath of medium coverage on me, way more than a TM, but not like a typical foundation. Silky, not cakey, looks like skin. It does not hide any of my hyperpigmentation spots though...that is expected. Concealer is needed for sure. Doesn't break me out, doesn't dry me out...no real complaints except that I won't be able to tell when to reorder because of the packaging. Overall I love it, will buy again, but am going to for sure try out a few others.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't work for me at all. Its way to light and grey and sort of drying. When I first put it on, my skin seems moisterized but after that the BB cream dries on my skin and makes my skin dry along with it.

I've been using it with my Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer and its worked ok. The KA product is really pigmented and a bit too dark and yello for me. This combo lightens up the color and makes the KA a bit less dewy.

on 8/30/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This came in a 4-pack I ordered to try. I wanted to try BB creams to streamline my am routine...I need to wear sunscreen daily as I am very prone to hyperpigmentation. My skin is sensitive to chemical filters, so I am stuck with physical filters like Zinc0 and TiO2. And since I have a light but not super pale complexion, I have to mix in bronzer or apply makeup over the sunscreen to make it look right. Add in the fact that most Zinc0 sunscreens are drying, so I require a moisturizer...and you now have an annoyingly complicated am routine for a low maintenance person who travels a lot. SO, this seemed like a wonderful solution.

I did not notice any grayness when I applied it. I did notice that my entire NC25-30ish face was 2 shades lighter. I looked like I was trying out for a vampire movie. It appeared like full foundation that was 2 shades too light. So I waited for it to oxidize................................................................................................................................................................................................................an hour later there was no change, and I had to wash it off to leave the house and look presentable.

Now, I notice that many happy muaers are using this much more sparingly than I was...which is fine, if you don't care about getting any sun protection. For me, this isn't any better than regular makeup that I mix into my sunscreen or apply over it. It is cheap, so.....there's that.

on 7/30/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got the gold version but I'll review it here, I'm not too sure there's too much of a difference between one and the other anyways. I liked it, coverage is lighter than a foundation which is what I want. However, it was barely the right shade for me in the winter and I have darkish NC30 skin in the winter. In the summer in this southern sun it's absolutely impossible for me to wear, I get REALLY dark! I hate getting really dark but I also hate living in a cold place, so I guess I just have to put up with having dark skin in the summer. I wore it once in the wintertime but even though I liked it, because I was working at a job where I couldn't wear make-up, I didn't use it again. Used it once in the summer to go out but it just so didn't work, even though I combined it with a darker foundation. It still looked like I was wearing a white mask, even mixed with the darker foundation. I hate getting a tan!! So, recommend for pale people and people who don't tan or who tan too much naturally (like me) but live up in the Arctic. What I really did looove about the packaging, however, was that it comes with a cream blush (the gold version) in the cap that is just absolutely the PERFECT colour for me! I love that blush! I wish they'd sell it apart. (The last time I checked their website they did sell a separate blush but it was a different shade.) I don't usually wear blush, because it looks so fake, but this blush didn't look fake at all, it looked natural, like it was me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I began using this because the Garnier BB cream made me curious about trying more BB creams. I have oily skin with enlarged pores on my cheeks and so far this works really work for me. I do like to use the DHC Water Based Moisture under this because it allows me to smooth the BB cream out better when I apply it. I'm glad that I read the reviews on here before attempting to apply it because it does come out greyish and I think that I would have given up on it if I hadn't known that. Once it oxidizes, it is a great match for my skin. I bought it from the Skin79 website because I wanted to make sure that I got the real thing. They shipped quickly. Once I started wearing this every day I got curious about their Hot Pink Sun Protect Beblesh Pact and ordered that too. I apply that with a foundation brush over the BB cream and I like the results very much. My husband says my skin looks "clean" when I use these two products. I love the packaging for the BB cream because it seems very hygienic. I have already repurchased and have bought other Skin79 BB creams for my mother and sister.