Filtered by hair type : Curly

on 11/10/2013 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this BB Cream last December and really liked the texture and feel of it. It oxidized well to my skin, and since I have really fair complexion the colour was a good match. I noticed I was getting dry patches on my skin after using the product a few times, so I decided to stop using it for a while.

Just recently, the foundation that I had been using started to look slightly orange on me (probably due to the fact that the tan I had on my face had faded after summer ended) and I remembered I still had this BB Cream hidden away in my drawer. So, I decided to give it another try. BIG MISTAKE. I had the worst allergic reaction on my face: a burning, itchy rash, millia, and swollen cheeks. After treatment with medication, I still have annoying lines under my eyes.

After doing some research, I am almost certain that this product was not a fake (it had a sticker of authenticity and the QR code on the box connected to the official website) so it must have been some fragrance or preservative in the BB Cream itself. I really regret using this product and wish I had thrown it out sooner.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a great product if your skin is in a fairly good condition, as it does not give you full coverage. It does however even out your skintone, and just make your skin look fresh and glowing, and you do not feel the product on your skin, just sitting there.
I use this everyday, mostly on it's own (after moisturiser) and sometimes with a bit of concealer under the eyes, and on any blemishes. However, I will wear foundation if I am having a breakout, as this just will not cover enough. It does not go oily as some bb creams do, and it does not cause me too breakout or have any kind of skin reaction. I have noticed that in general my skin's condition has improved, and is smoother.
The product itself is a greyish toned, thick formula, despite this though it goes onto the skin so smoothly and within seconds the greycast is not visible anymore.
I quite like the bottle it comes in, and you get a LOT of product. If there is no more product coming out when you pump it, you can open the white bit of the container by sliding it out of the pink casing, and you should still have a fair amount of product left.

on 4/23/2013 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i love this stuff! i bought it after using a western brand "bb cream" and realized it's just tinted moisturizer. this comes out a bit grayish and even seems like it will be too dark for my fair skin. most people say to apply one pump but thats too much- about a half or maybe 3/4 of a pump works best. the directions on the bottle are translated very poorly into english, which is just hilarious. i love the pump feature but it would be nice if it had some kind of lid or cover, i feel like bacteria will get in the little spout thing, so i actually just dab tea tree oil in there after i use it. not sure if it will pump out in my makeup bag while travelling. have only used for a few days but i have not noticed any worsening of acne. if you are oily like me, i suggest putting setting powder over the cream after it adjusts.

on 3/12/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this BB cream! It was the first one I tried and the one I always come back to. It feels fantastic and light on the skin, and actually improves my skin. It looks completely natural. I wear it every day and sometimes top it with concealer, if needed. Pretty cheap on ebay considering it lasts forever.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have not been a big fan of the BB cream bandwagon, but that could be because I have only tried US versions. This is definitely much better and much different then the US versions. The shade of this looks much too dark, but it sinks right in and somehow manages to match perfectly to my skin tone. The coverage of this is pretty good too. I have acne and lots of breakouts. I do not expect this to cover perfectly so it is expected to still have a lot of show through. The scent of this is nice and not overly plain or overly scented. I am really happy with this and I will definitely be using it more.

on 2/8/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this product for many reasons. It gives my skin a dewy glow and it doesn't look cakey. I actually thought it might be making my skin look healthier after I took it off, but I recently had a hormonal acne breakout so it's hard to say.

I have very fair (like basically see through) skin that tends to be dry in spots (T-zone mostly), sensitive, and prone to hormonal breakouts at everyone's favourite time of month. It oxidized to my skin tone almost immediately (if I put moisturizer on underneath, it took a little longer). Most of the time I didn't have to use moisturizer at all, which shocked me because the dry parts of my face are REALLY dry, especially in the winter. But this moisturized my skin perfectly.

I would say it's medium to light coverage - it covers minor skin discolourations, but it won't be covering any of your larger blemishes, which I recently found out when I had my breakout.

Now for the not-so-awesome things about it. It wears off very easily, so if you're going out somewhere and need your makeup to stay put all night, you should either use a different regime altogether, or build on top of the BB cream with powder.

It doesn't cover your pores (I have bigger ones than most people, and it barely faded them). You may want to use a primer underneath, or some other pore-minimizing cream, before putting the BB cream on.

The only other problem I had with it was the fact that you can't see into the bottle to find out how much is left. It's not a big deal or anything, just kind of annoying.

Please make sure before you purchase this product that you have found a reputable seller. I used seller bhg8988a on eBay and double checked the authenticity before I put it on, and it's 100% legitimate.

I would recommend this product to anyone who has pretty clear skin to begin with and not much to cover in the way of discolourations/pimples/etc.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

**I apologize for the lengthy review, but a bit of back story is necessary I think**
I am totaly blown away...I LOVE this BB cream!! I've been on a rather daunting quest to find my perfect foundation, and kept failing miserably. After countless hauls from Chanel, Armani, Sephora, Shiseido, Dior, Laura Mercier, ect., I was literally in tears at times because even the most touted products were less than optimal for me. THEN my Skin79 arrived. I had ordered it on a whim with no expectations (honestly, HOW good could a $13 cream really be, I thought) and had totally forgotten about it when it arrived. When I first saw the product itself, I almost tossed it in the trash. A creepy grey-ish foundation-y color was staring back at me from the bit I squirted on my hand...but I said what the heck and applied it anyway. I had nothing to lose at this point. LADIES AND GENTS...DONT BE PUT OFF BY THE INITIAL COLOR!! It glided on my skin like a dream, blended beautifully, and within seconds the color matched my skin perfectly. My chin actually dropped!! The coverage is amazing, it feels like silk, the color correction was spot on, it wasn't grey at all, and my skin appeared smooth for the first time in years. I was left in tears of joy. I'll be honest...just that morning I had ordered yet another high-end foundation to try and wished I could have cancelled it. This product is just that good.
***A little bit of history about my skin and why I'm so excited about this product***
I am a 35 year old woman who has put her skin thru hell and back. I have very a very fair Irish/German complection that blesses me with a red cast to my face most of the time (especially my cheeks), yet my neck and decolletage are snow white. I have tons of freckles on my face and a bit of hyperpigmentation on my lower cheeks, which make foundation matching a nightmare because in order to make my face match my neck, I have to buy very light shades that are often too light for my face (and we all know how nasty that effect can be...even worse than too dark depending on the product!). Im a bit backward, in that, when I'm NOT wearing makeup, my face is darker than my neck! Even most professionally matched concealers have been somewhat visible on my skin for some reason...so covering all these spots is a battle in itself. I have combination skin with dry cheeks/chin and oily T-zone...and last year I was blessed with a broken capillary right below my left eye...YAY! :( Just in the last few years I have developed some pretty crappy self esteem issues stemming from the damage I've done to my face, but I do NOT want to take the plunge into resurfacing or cosmetic surgery, as I feel I am still too young. I dont wanna break out the big guns this early in life! LOL!
Anyway, these are the things that drive my search for the HG of foundations/BB creams/imperfection correctors.
ALONG with the above, I was tomboy in my youth and teenage years and never had a problem with acne, which led me not to give a hoot about skincare/makeup. While my friends were hawking the Clinique and Lancome counters after school, I was on the ballfield..it wasnt till I started dating and went off to college that I even began to care, and even then, I was concerned soley with the end result, i.e. what looked good, rather than what was good for my skin. Late night study sessions and your average college party nights often led me not to wash my makeup off till the next day in the shower...all the while I was baking myself in the tanning bed daily and not giving a thought to the future of my precious face. Eventually I started to take better care but the damage was done. Even the best primers haven't helped much (except one from L'Oreal...see my review).
Long story short....This BB cream is a dream come true so far!!!! It gives me good coverage, balances out my redness, hides my imperfections, does NOT settle into my fine lines, and my face matches my neck! Ive only been using it a few days...so I'll edit if anything adverse pops up....but for now, this is a DEFINITE THUMBS UP!!!!!

on 12/10/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

For me, this product is amazing! it evens out my skin and gets rid of any redness. it may not cover a huge pimple, but it will definitely even out any redness from blemishes. It's rich and creamy but not heavy feeling at all. If you have darker medium or deep skin, this product will not work for you. The grey tone helps even out paler, more cool toned skin, so if you're darker than NW25, you may have a harder time with this. Other than that, it is a wonderful product. I got mine off of amazon for under $10 and it is authentic.

on 11/30/2012 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE BB cream. I prefer it over foundation which I wear not all that often. This particular BB cream was the very first one I tried since I first heard about them about..almost two years ago maybe? I wanted something that helped me make my skin appear a bit, ya know, less crappy and I wanted something that improved my skin as well and BB cream was definitely the way to go,

This BB cream is a great choice for a first time user since the chances on loving this product is really high. I have a neutral undertone so this matches my skin color pretty well. It covers redness amazingly and it has a medium coverage.

I have TONS of acne scars left behind from my early teen years (after turning 18 I don't really break out anymore unless its special bonding time with mother nature.) I can honestly say this BB cream really does help gradually fade scarring. (I can't really say much about anti aging though for the obvious reason that I just have just barely turned 19 lol)

I'm obsessed with sunscreen as well so I'm glad that it contains SPF. The pump is nice although some products does remain on the nozzle whenever i take out some products but its easy to wipe off.

I live in America so any BB cream I buy has to be ordered online (I don't buy American BB creams since I just don't feel it does what a BB cream is supposed to do which is to help repair your skin as well as offer some coverage) I ordered mine off of Amazon for about $10-12 so the price is decent for a great products.

My skin is on the dryer side so I do have to warn you that if you don't moisturize your skin properly, its possible that any dry patches you have will be very noticeable. Other than that, there really isn't anything about this products I dislike. I collect BB creams like a mad woman but this one will always be among my favorite ones!

on 9/15/2012 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I never thought I'd wear anything but powder on my face again, but this stuff is pure magic! I've used it for a week now to test it out. Thanks to age and BCP I'm not really acne prone (anymore) but my skin is super sensitive to changes in the regime and this manifests itself as gross little milia under my skin's surface. Thankfully I did not experience any dreaded reactions with the skin79 BB cream!

As many others have mentioned it does have a grey cast, but it's quite the chameleon because it adjusts to a wide range of fair to medium skin tones. In my experience the coverage is light to medium, which is exactly what I want. I love that it contains SPF because I'm notoriously lazy about applying a separate sunscreen under my makeup.

I can't really say that it controls oil, but it doesn't make me any oilier and that's a win for me! The skin whitening properties seem to be effective. After a week my skin tone seems to look better and more even when I take my makeup off. The first day I used it I was brewing a big hurtful pimple between my eyebrows from TOTM. By the end of the day after wearing this BB cream it was noticeably smaller and less red.

To summarize, I'm amazed that this product lives up to it's claims and it is a definite repurchase!