Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 36-43

3.9

on 3/29/2015 2:15:00 AM

I really like nearly everything about this BB cream -- the coverage is perfect, the color blends with my own fairly easily, it doesn't smell, and it has spf. If only it was cruelty free!

on 8/10/2014 9:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Meh...I've used better...and worse...It's very pale...I like a more yellow base...but it feels good on the skin..and I got it at a discount on ebay...7 bucks...(the box was crushed)..but I did my research and it was the real deal...a lot of counterfeits out there...all in all...just meh...;)...

After using this for a minute...I have to say there is a lingering effect of some moderate skin improvement...so I'll see my MEH...and I'll raise it with a hmmm...no too shabby...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Thought I would try this out for the summer months instead of the hold one but the coverage is waaaay too sheer! I think someone with really great skin could get away with it but it really hides nothing for me. I don't like the color as well as the gold either. I'm an NC25 and the gold has more yellow I think than this one. This seems more grey to me.

on 3/1/2014 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like how light this BB cream feels on my skin. It doesn't have that 'heavy' foundation feel. Coverage is light to medium. I no longer need to use concealer under my eyes, which is great because I always feel that concealer makes my under-eye areas look cakey and aging no matter how little I use. I do, however, need to apply a second layer to cover the redness caused by broken capillaries around my nose and upper lip area.
I am NC 20-25 combination skin, and the color matches well with my skin tone. I feel that my face actually looks brighter, with a slight dewy finish. I don't set it with powder since it's winter now, but I may have to powder my T-zone in summer.
Be sure to moisturize prior to applying this cream.
Overall, this BB cream is a keeper!

on 4/11/2013 10:59:00 AM

Product - Very impressed with this product. I have been using this for about a month. I don't have any major skin issues (so I can't attest to any healing or preventative properties), but I prefer to wear a TM or BB cream to even out my coloring. This BB cream does in fact lean a little grayish mauve before application. Since I don't need a ton of coverage, and we live in a very dry climate, I blend this 50/50 with my moisturizer/serum before applying - something heavier when my skin is feeling particularly dry, or a light daily SPF15 moisturizer during summer months. (I'll update this review if I ever wear it straight from the bottle.) It goes on smoothly and blends easily. Unlike some TMs it doesn't seem to highlight dry flaky areas of skin as badly. Does a great job of evening out my coloring and leaves a flawless canvas with which to work. I'm AAB/NC25 so I suppose this BB cream was "meant" for gals like me. Indeed, it is an excellent match for me. What I like most about this BB cream is its water-resistance - it may even be waterproof. My old TM would rub off easily whenever I touched my face, blew my nose, whatever. This BB stays puts and never comes off on a tissue or scarf or hands, yet it doesn't plug my pores or weigh down my skin. Doesn't feel heavy or greasy or drying. I love that I can touch my face during the day and not worry about it wearing or rubbing off. It wears so well, it feels like I'm not wearing a BB or TM at all. Washes off without difficulty at the end of the day with my usual skincare routine.

Packaging - Full size unit is a squat cylinder of fuschia plastic, and the top surface is pressed to push product out of a small hole at the top of the cylinder. Surprisingly good control.

Other - What the heck is "beblesh"? LOL.

Overall - Pretty sure this is a HG item, but I'll be trying some of the other Skin79 BB formulations anyway to confirm :)

UPDATE: I decided to keep both the Hot Pink Super+ and VIP Gold Super+ on hand. Turns out the Gold is better suited for my skin during the drier winter months, and Hot Pink during warmer weather. continued >>

on 11/26/2012 6:05:00 PM

When I first used this, I loved it. It smoothed out my complexion, covered nicely and just looked good but not heavy. Unfortunately, within about two weeks I developed severe acne along my jawline with no other changes to my skin care regimen. I am 42 years old, and while I do get acne sometimes, I dont get severe amounts along my jawline and cheeks. It has taken more than 3 weeks for my skin to get remotely better. Probably didnt help that I continued to use it when I was getting acne, thinking "oh, i need to use more because my skin looks like crap" when it was the cream itself causing the acne.

Too bad as I really wanted to like this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just ordered a new bottle, so, yes, I would re-purchase and have done so already. You can find really good deals on ebay, so no complaints about the price. I have been using it for the past 6 months and a) no break-out b) it doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my face - especially around my brows, nose and mouth, though it does somewhat dry out the dry areas throughout the day but doesn't accentuate these areas as much as the regular foundation does. This BB cream has a light-medium coverage (you can build it up) and you can apply as much as you like without creating a cake city :) You will need a concealer if you have some serious imperfections but it does cover up the minor ones. I started using it when it was warm, so I learned that it will look best if I apply it without any moisturizer underneath (my skin is super oily during the warmer months). Amazingly it doesn't cling to the flakes on the skin. During the colder months I do use my EL ANR underneath+ Clinique moisture surge aroung my mouth (my driest area) and it works like a charm. It does not do anything in the direction of mattifying my skin (nothing possibly can - it's just too oily!) but it also doesn't make it more oily. If I do need some better coverage (looking for picture perfect skin) I add a light dusting of my Laura Mercier foundation powder. The shade is perfect as I am pale. I have tried to use it on my mother who is a couple of shades darker than me and she looked like a ghost. So, darker skinned girls watch out! It's not the best BB cream for you. The packaging is fine and the bottle is cute, but when there was nothing coming out of the pump anymore I decided to open the bottle and discovered that there was still plenty of the cream inside (enough for at least a couple of weeks!). PS this is not my first BB cream. I will add my (not quite positive) reviews on a couple of Missha bb creams (perfect cover and signature) later on.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

First BB Cream and I love it. I have used this for about a month now and I love it, use it every day is some way. The color blends with my neutral/cool NW30 skintone perfectly after settling in. I can wear this alone with some powder on top for a natural look, or as a primer under foundation for a fuller coverage look. Works beautifully. Hides pores, evens out my skintone, doesn't make me shiny or greasy. I personally think this is just beneath of medium coverage on me, way more than a TM, but not like a typical foundation. Silky, not cakey, looks like skin. It does not hide any of my hyperpigmentation spots though...that is expected. Concealer is needed for sure. Doesn't break me out, doesn't dry me out...no real complaints except that I won't be able to tell when to reorder because of the packaging. Overall I love it, will buy again, but am going to for sure try out a few others.

on 6/26/2012 10:20:00 AM

This really evens out my skin tone and helps minimize my pores. My skin just looks better in general. I have tried tons of BB creams and foundations and this is one is by far my favorite. I even got my mom and friend hooked (and their skin is much lighter than mine). It works for all of us. Great product!

on 1/22/2012 4:31:00 PM

I love this product.
It provides moderate to full coverage, doesn't settle in pores or line, and it evens out my very fair skin tone without making it look pink or orange. It has an SPF of 25, has a nice clean scent to it.... What more could you want?

The color is probably more suitable for lighter skin tones. If you're unsure, there are a couple of nice YT videos out there comparing the different brands of BB creams and their respective shades, e.g. by Jen from frmheadtotoe and BentleyBlonde.

Prices seem to vary quite a bit, depending on where you buy. I bought it through Amazon for under $20 incl. shipping.

I am sure I will buy this again, and I can recommend you give it a try.