Filtered by hair type : Other

4.2

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I end up just using a darker setting powder to offset how white it can look on my face.

on 11/9/2015 10:52:00 PM

I purchased this around 2010, when it still had a cult following on YouTube and the blogosphere. I absolutely loved this foundation at the time I purchased it, partly because it was so trendy, but also because I was a complete n00b about foundations. If you were to ask me circa 2009 to 2011, I would probably wax poetry about how it was the perfect foundation... color matched me exactly.... etc etc. Present me is a little less enthusiastic for a variety of reasons.

1) This definitely does not color match to natural skin tone. In fact, it's really only wearable if you do a finished face (blush, lips, eyeshadow, bronzer...) but is too bare and ghastly to wear on its own. 2) It's beige borderline grey.... basically zombie makeup-but very dewy zombie makeup. 3) The product is created for the Asian aesthetic, which is clear, pale as sheet, mannequin-like skin.

The last caveat is personal preference, but I've long abandoned trying to look like my favorite kpop stars in favor of a more natural foundation. I don't like mismatching the color of my face to the rest of my body just to assimilate into an unnecessary beauty aesthetic for Ultra! Pale! Skin!

There are positives, however. I wish Skin79 would package whatever magic is in their BB creams into a skincare line. I always noticed how much brighter and healthier looking my complexion was when I was regularly using this product. Even after washing my face, my skin glowed and looked so amazing I was confident going out at night without foundation. (Actually, I'm pretty confident now either way ;P) This is also one of the best coverage BB cream from back in the day, and covered everyyyything, without accentuating dry skin or acne.

But with all the new bb cream products being mass produced here, there, everywhere, it's pretty easy to go and find a more reasonable product that actually looks like skin.

I love this product. I can't tell a huge difference between this and the gold label, but I usually buy a bottle of each, just for funsies. I think the bottle is pretty. This is a seriously good BB cream, though. It is smooth, and smells nice, but not too strong. It diffuses small imperfections, and evens out skin tone very well. It also has a high SPF with only physical sunscreen ingredients. Because of this it has a little bit of a grey cast, and is best for pale complexions with neutral/cool undertones. The bottle is a pump, which is the most hygienic type of container, but it is a vacuum pump, which actually gets almost all of the product out of the bottle. When I emptied my first bottle I took it apart expecting to find a treasure trove of bb cream on the bottom of sides of the bottle and there was almost nothing, I got a few applications worth, so taking the bottle apart is totally worth it, but I was so impressed with how little was there, and how easy it was to open the bottle to get to it. This company actually expects customers to want all of the product they pay for, and I appreciate this being present in the design of the bottle. I will continue to order this again and again, I just started my third bottle.

on 1/25/2014 4:18:00 PM

This is my first BB cream. I'm between NC15 and NC20, with combination skin that has dry patches in the winter and feels especially oily in the summer. Ick. I usually use a moisturizer before application and/or powder afterwards. This one provides light to medium coverage through layering and the result is smooth, even-toned, dewy skin. Layering too much giives my skin a very oily feel from the get go. Even though it advertises being able to control oil, I haven't noticed much of a difference. Thankfully I haven't had breakouts using this product and it doesn't seem to have made my blackheads any worse. It's replaced foundation + concealer in my weekday routine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I haven't had much experience with BB creams; this is only the second one that I've tried so far and I quite like it. The Super+ BB Cream is best suited for normal, combination, and slightly oily skin, but on really oily complexions it will likely melt off... I'm more than slightly oily and especially in the summer this doesn't stay fresh for as long as I'd like it to, nor does it offer me enough coverage, but I always use it in conjunction with a proper foundation. Those with light to light-medium skin without any strong undertones or many skin problems would be able to use this alone. I'm around an NC25-30 with strong yellow undertones and even after oxidizing it looks a little pale and ashy on me. With all these problems, what's the big deal about this product and (Asian) BB creams in general? In terms of texture, Super+ feels beautifully smooth, a lot different from Western base products (I'm not quite sure how to describe it in detail though!), and once applied it looks much like real, naturally poreless skin. Also, I love the skincare benefits--UV protection (yes, I've heard the things about people not putting enough base to get the indicated SPF, but I tend to pile it on) along with brightening and anti-aging ingredients. Because of this I always use Super+ before my foundation. My skin looks a little better even after a long day if I wear this compared to if I just use foundation--if I wear any foundation for a long time I get a few little bumps. Partly due to this product my skin has also gotten a little lighter, so this also serves to lighten my foundation. Overall, this is a good product that can be used alone if you only need a little bit of evening out, or it can be used as a treatment before applying other base products. I'm sure to purchase this again (unless I find something more mattifying, but I read that not a lot of BB creams are like this).

on 8/11/2013 10:18:00 AM

I love this product! I can use it everywhere and my skin looks so pretty because everybody asks me what I use to care my skin :) I can use it under my eyecircle too before I applied I use an eye cream after that I use skin79 pink label :) I wish skin79 produce tinted moisturizer... I definitely buy it too:)

on 5/7/2013 12:05:00 PM

I usually really can't stand it when the lightest shade of a foundation type product is too dark for me. I'm 50 and I need all the brightness in my face that I can get. My coloring is about a NW/NC 15 - I'm pretty fair but certainly not the palest out there. This product comes in 1 shade and, in my estimation, it's best suited for NW/NC20's. Guess what? Even though it's a little dark on me I still love it anyway. The reason why is it simply blends like a dream. It's become my favorite foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream type product for that reason. I have combination skin - normal to slightly oily in the T zone and dry cheeks. After washing my face this morning my cheeks looked really flaky even after moisturizing. I figured that this would be a real test for this BB cream's blendability, so I put it on. I applied it with my fingers...the flaky dry patches on my cheeks - gone! Gosh, I love this stuff! Yes, it's a bit dark for me, and I do wish there was a lighter shade, but I have no trouble easily blending it out. This has become my go to when my skin absolutely needs to look nice, given how beautifully it covers my flaky dry patches. BTW...Coverage - medium. Finish - a bit dewy and gives my skin such a pretty creamy look. Texture - thick and creamy. Longevity - lasts all day at work.

This is the first Korean bb cream I have tried - thought I might as well start with the most popular one ;) - but I regret to say it seems far too drying, I noticed dry patches showing up around my nose and between the eyebrows after three hours of wearing this, despite using moisturizer underneath. Also, the result was actually too natural, seeing as it was that my face looked exactly the same after application as before. I couldn't notice any coverage or finish to speak of... I mean, I have pretty good skin to start with, but I was expecting some kind of visual effect all the same...Hm. I will try the Gold label next, which is supposed to work better for dry skin.

I bought this product after all the rave reviews on MA & I sure am glad I did, this is my HG bb cream, far superior to all the north american drug store bb creams that have been coming out that are pale in comparison (which being a product junkie I have tried). This blends in with my fair skin perfectly without taking away or adding any color, I can easily put additional makeup on top and it acts like a primer. It makes my makeup last all day, evens out my skin tone and does not make me greasy at all, if anything - it controls the shine without over drying. Anytime i wear it I get compliments on my skin (my skin isn't the greatest and i do get occasional break outs but everyone thinks it is perfect when I wear this).

I get it from ebay for $15 directly from asia - just make sure it is from a reputable seller because apparently there are fakes out there.

UPDATE: I discovered that this product does in face break me out, my skin has cleared skin i stopped using it. This makes me sad because the coverage is perfect. I will only use it sparingly now, but not daily... so I will not repurchase and removed 2 lippies from my original 5

I love that this bottle comes with a pump, but wish you could see how much is left. Now - onto the actual product - it is lovely! I have combination skin - oily t-zone with dry cheeks. This product is really good at controlling oil, but doesn't accentuate my flakes. I'm around a NC20-25, and this is a pretty good match for me. The coverage is medium, I would say. This does a good job of evening out my skintone and filling in some of my larger pores. It makes my skin look healthy and glowy. The finish is semi-matte. There are no visible sparkles in the product, but it does have a slightly moisturized/dewy finish without powder. I usually finish off with powder to increase wear time.

Holika Holika's Petit Essential BB Cream is heavier coverage, so I use that on days where I need more coverage, and this is a great everyday BB cream. The scent is very faint, and I usually don't notice it at all. It's hard for me to find makeup that won't fade on me all day, so this is a really great product for me. I love it and will continue using it. I bought it for around $13 on Amazon, which in my opinion, is a pretty fair price.