Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Coverage- Medium. Covers acne and scarring moderately well. Evens out skin-tone. The consistency of the BB cream is definitely on the thicker/heavier side so it really feels like I'm wearing something on my skin.

Finish- Dewy/natural

Staying Power- Poor. Not so great on oil control. My face (which is not especially oily) becomes oily due to this product after about 3-4 hours. Afterwards, the product starts to slide around my face.

Also, this product tends to give off a gray cast which I find not very flattering.

Pros: very good for sensitive skin. Didn't break me out. When my skin got incredibly dry and painful due to prescribed acne creams I was using, every other foundation and even lotion made my skin feel like it was burning. This was the only makeup I could use that did not irritate my skin further and was very gentle.

Bottom Line: I'm glad I gave it a try but because of the poor staying power and color, I don't ever reach for this product and would not repurchase.

on 7/8/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have lost count of how many of these I have bought. I love the ease of putting it on. It will then adjust to your skin color. It has great coverage and looks like my natural
skin. I have people tell me how lucky I am to have great skin when I have this on. I get this on amazon and go with a Korean store location. I then wait the 4 weeks for it to arrive. Then I know I have the real product. This is the best BB I have found. It also gives great sun protection. I am in my 50's and have NC25 skin color. My skin tends to be on the dry side. For reference, my other favorite foundation is double wear Estée Lauder as it has good coverage and does not transfer on clothes and does not sweat off. I use the middle one and it is liquid. They a light and full coverage also. I have used both of these for more than 10 years. I try new ones and always come back to these.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this on ebay from a korean seller and I absolutely love it! Korean skin care is far more advanced than what is out on the market here in the united states. If you research korean culture you will find that korean woman focus a lot on skin care and spend hundreds on skin care products. Here in the us woman focus more on makeup rather than skin care and beauty. This product has spf 50 in it which prevents aging and wrinkles. It feels like a moisturizer but does not feel to heavy and the coverage is awesome. It also does not clog the skin. My skin has gotten better! I have extremely sensitive skin so I can only use the most gentle cleanser cetaphil and try to stick with korean beauty products because they just seem to be far more advanced. I have not had any issues with my skin since I switched from american made products. This is a must try. I also purchased this in the gold but I prefer the pink because for some reason the color doesnt seem as light and this is not as oily as the gold. I feel the gold maybe for older and dryer skin. The pink is perfect for teens to 30s. The coverage is great. I use this alone without any concealer and it blends to my natural skin tone after I apply it. It seems very light color but is perfect once you blend it. I believe this only comes in one color but its fine for me. I have dark hair and dark eyes and I also tan occasionally and its not too light for me. I find going 1 shade lighter takes any red undertones out of your skin and just makes your skin look brighter and more fresh faced. I have noticed when I have gone darker in the past my skin just looked a lot more tired and dull. I like to go one shade lighter and contour a little with blush and powder on special occassions. I love this bb cream! It is the best! My 2nd favorite american brand bb is physicians formula.

on 10/31/2016 11:51:00 AM

This product is not a love at first use kind of product. I honestly did not know how to use this, and the first time there was cake on my face. Or my face was a cake. Now while I'm a big fan of cakes, not so much when it's my face. I had to learn how to use it, and I'd love to give you tips, but I honestly don't know how I did it.

I rub this in (with my fingers, now sometimes with a stippling brush). But not harshly. And I let it oxidize so the grey cast turns to a good match to my skin. The result: really good skin that looks like yours but better. Redness is gone. Pores are filled in. And it's not heavy. It doesn't clog pores and actually helps out open wounds from picking...

I do set this with powder and have to touch up mid afternoon for redness starting to peek through, but I really think that wearing off isn't bad. It means that it's not clogging anything! And it also doesn't transfer too bad. It does but it's not the oh god nooooo moment, and it kind of reminds me not to touch my face. So yeah.

This is my HG BB cream. I am trying another BB cream in the coming months, but I am happy that I found this and did not give up when it was still cake on my face.

PS: the new packaging doesn't have the authenticity barcode, seal thingy. Now, an original Skin79 bottle has holographic letters in their labels. If you bought something with a specific authenticity label at the back, it's either fake or a really old product. Please discard and don't risk it.

on 4/6/2016 2:12:00 AM

I first bought this BB cream when I was in Hong Kong. They have a store called Sasa, and I was able to get it during a sale. It was less than 90 HKD and all you need is a pea to dime size drop to use on your face.

I noticed immediately it lessened the redness of my face, and made my overall skin tone more appear even.

It does tingle at first if you have dry spots on your skin like I do (my cheeks!), and it does come out of the bottle very pale, with a gray-ish tint. However, once it oxidizes, it can match skin tones that are on the lighter side. I'm a rather pale Latino due to my mix heritage and the fact I don't see much sun unless someone forces me to. (LOL).

To use, pump a small amount onto the back of your non-dominant hand. Then with a finger of you other hand, dip into the bb cream and place it sporadically on face. When your face as a a number of dots, use your fingers/or a blending tool to blend the spots of bb cream outward. A little goes a long way. Build up coverage if you desire. This bb cream minimizes the appearances of red spots, but it won't make them disappear nor will it get rid of the dark shadow under your eyes.

Overall, it gives a more natural, glossy look to your skin.

The only reason I will not buy this again is that I notice it does break me out. I've read some reviews on other sites where some people's skin broke out after use, like mine. But if you have a more indestructible skin type, it might work wonders for you.

on 2/20/2016 12:15:00 AM

If you're looking for an Asian bb cream, you've found it. I bought this pink, orange and silver/gold bottles before. I do feel that my skin looked better after using this. It has a grey tinge to it which sucks and it only comes in one singular shade. I end up just using a darker setting powder to offset how white it can look on my face.

on 12/17/2015 2:34:00 PM

This is a product I used to love but now I'm not so fond of it. I'm not sure if you are aware, but this product was reformulated last year.

At first I was excited, thinking a reformulation would mean an improvement. One of the reformulation aims was to get rid of the "grey" aspect. I don't even know what to say. I mean maybe it is a little less grey, but it is a lot lighter than it used to be. I am an "ivory" and I look sick putting this on.

This bb cream also is heavy and transfers. If I blow my nose half my makeup comes off. The makeup lasts only half the day even if I don't touch my face. It just fades off and melts. I have combination skin.

I've come to a sad end with hot pink. I have about 1 and half tubes and I can't wait to use it up and be done with it. I wear it to work and school because I don't care what I look like there. Not around friends or my boyfriend. Once upon a time my friend's mom raved how great my skin looked wearing this. I'm not exactly sure what happened.

on 11/9/2015 10:52:00 PM

I purchased this around 2010, when it still had a cult following on YouTube and the blogosphere. I absolutely loved this foundation at the time I purchased it, partly because it was so trendy, but also because I was a complete n00b about foundations. If you were to ask me circa 2009 to 2011, I would probably wax poetry about how it was the perfect foundation... color matched me exactly.... etc etc. Present me is a little less enthusiastic for a variety of reasons.

1) This definitely does not color match to natural skin tone. In fact, it's really only wearable if you do a finished face (blush, lips, eyeshadow, bronzer...) but is too bare and ghastly to wear on its own. 2) It's beige borderline grey.... basically zombie makeup-but very dewy zombie makeup. 3) The product is created for the Asian aesthetic, which is clear, pale as sheet, mannequin-like skin.

The last caveat is personal preference, but I've long abandoned trying to look like my favorite kpop stars in favor of a more natural foundation. I don't like mismatching the color of my face to the rest of my body just to assimilate into an unnecessary beauty aesthetic for Ultra! Pale! Skin!

There are positives, however. I wish Skin79 would package whatever magic is in their BB creams into a skincare line. I always noticed how much brighter and healthier looking my complexion was when I was regularly using this product. Even after washing my face, my skin glowed and looked so amazing I was confident going out at night without foundation. (Actually, I'm pretty confident now either way ;P) This is also one of the best coverage BB cream from back in the day, and covered everyyyything, without accentuating dry skin or acne.

But with all the new bb cream products being mass produced here, there, everywhere, it's pretty easy to go and find a more reasonable product that actually looks like skin.

Great BB cream, out of all of the Korean BB Creams I think this one is the most popular, its not too thick and not too thin, I just wish it came in more colors, also the bottle lasts a really long time, however when you get down to the bottom you can't see how much is left and also since its a hard plastic packaging you can't open it to get the remaining product, but for the price its not bad compared to $60 foundations in department stores

on 6/30/2015 8:44:00 AM

Love this BB Cream, it lives up to the reputation of Korean BB and CC creams I have tried before. Amazing coverage for a BB and this one has a slightly more matt finish to it than others I've tried which is nice for wearing in the evening or if you need your make up to look more full coverage. Doesn't break me out and the packaging is great, I have the one in a tube with the pump.