Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 44-55

4.5

on 6/21/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me start by saying that I have dry, sensitive skin prone to redness and rashes as I go through perimenopause. I have been using this Korean BB Cream for just under a year and am still on my first bottle. I have the bottle with the pump and it works great. I have the Oriental and Gold versions and am waiting to finish this bottle - which seems to last forever. I keep coming back to this BB Cream even though I have other foundations that I can wear. It is very easy to dispense and apply: I don't use my fingers as I have never been able to get a good result using my fingers with any kind of foundation. I have found that I get an airbrush finish using a synthetic flat top kabuki such as the Sigma F80, ELF's Flat top powder brush and the other similar dupes out there. I dispense less than a pump onto a small dish and just pat my brush lightly to get product onto the brush and begin stippling it on my face. It's quick and easy and I'm done in just seconds. I use less than a full pump for my entire face and it covers my redness and any other discolorations very easily including under eye circles. I set it with ybf neutralizing powder and I'm set for the day without touch ups. I find that the color is perfect for my fair to light skin-tone with slight yellow undertones. It adapts to my skin tone in just under 2 minutes and sets quickly and doesn't rub off or fade during the day. It is very gentle and I appreciate the sun protection, which normally wreaks havoc on my skin as I can tolerate very little sunscreen on my face without irritation and itching. When I remove it with cleansing oil (I use Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil to cleanse and remove makeup), it removes quickly and easily and my skin feels smooth and soothed, not dry or tight or irritated. I would definitely repurchase again and highly recommend this BB Cream.

on 5/7/2013 12:05:00 PM

I usually really can't stand it when the lightest shade of a foundation type product is too dark for me. I'm 50 and I need all the brightness in my face that I can get. My coloring is about a NW/NC 15 - I'm pretty fair but certainly not the palest out there. This product comes in 1 shade and, in my estimation, it's best suited for NW/NC20's. Guess what? Even though it's a little dark on me I still love it anyway. The reason why is it simply blends like a dream. It's become my favorite foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream type product for that reason. I have combination skin - normal to slightly oily in the T zone and dry cheeks. After washing my face this morning my cheeks looked really flaky even after moisturizing. I figured that this would be a real test for this BB cream's blendability, so I put it on. I applied it with my fingers...the flaky dry patches on my cheeks - gone! Gosh, I love this stuff! Yes, it's a bit dark for me, and I do wish there was a lighter shade, but I have no trouble easily blending it out. This has become my go to when my skin absolutely needs to look nice, given how beautifully it covers my flaky dry patches. BTW...Coverage - medium. Finish - a bit dewy and gives my skin such a pretty creamy look. Texture - thick and creamy. Longevity - lasts all day at work.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been trying tons of BB and TM, this one does come out greyish and then blends into your tone. It would only work for fair skinned girls like me. I like the blending and consistency, did not break me out. It could use a little more coverage for me, but overall above some of the others out there. A generous swappers RAOK a sample, I was so smitten I had to get it, would definitely re-purchase. There is a difference between USA and Korean BB Creams. Great product.

on 4/18/2012 9:06:00 AM

This is my first experience with a Korean BB. I've been experimenting with the Western ones. I have to say, there definitely is a difference. This is the first one that truly seems like an all-in-one product. It is creamy, applies easily, provides medium coverage, is buildable, and doesn't need finishing powder. I used it as concealer and although it didn't give me the coverage of my beloved Cle de Peau stick, it applied more smoothly and hasn't settled into lines or caked in dry spots. The negative - it is very gray. I thought it dried to a more natural color on my NW15-20 skin than how it looked when I first applied it. I am hoping that the residual slight discoloration (which no one but I would notice, I imagine) means I am getting great SPF. I have some samples of this. I think I would use it again for days that I need sunscreen more than a perfect face. I said I would buy it again, but the only choices are yes or no. This is a maybe for me.

I can't compare it to the other Skin79 BBs because I haven't tried them yet. I plan to try the Gold Label tomorrow. Check my reviews in a few days for that one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials