Filtered by skin type : Oily

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I end up just using a darker setting powder to offset how white it can look on my face.

on 7/20/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to love skin79's bb cream. I thought it would be an essential part of my everyday makeup routine; my how things have changed! I have used it consistently everyday for about a year and a half. For a brief period, my skin condition was improving, plus I liked how it wasn't too full coverage. About a month ago, I started getting horrible acne on my cheeks, tzone, and chin. I blamed everything but my beloved skin79. I only realized that was the culprit after I wasn't using it for a week due to lack of availability in my area. My skin cleared up! Looking back, maybe this product wasn't the best.
Cons:
-Very thick consistency that will transfer onto anything your face touches
-settles into facial creases and pores, making them more obvious.
-product will "dull" though out the day, making skin look tired and in itself dull.

I also felt like I could not use other products (eg. Primer, powder, contour ) along with it. Almost like nothing was compatible with it.

Pros:
- hygienic and practical packaging
-blend ability and color

That's about it. I'm sure this will consistently work for some skin. In a way I'm glad this stopped working for me because I have moved on to better products

on 9/30/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Was using Clinique's city block before this, but disliked how runny it was. Got a sample of this from an eyelash order and never looked back.

One pump covers my face. I generally don't want heavy coverage and never wear foundation, but I wouldn't describe it as "sheer." It is buildable, IMO. I'm about an NC 25 with yellow undertones who needs coverage for acne scarring, and this matches pretty well; maybe slightly too pale but nothing noticeable. I use MAC prep/prime over it and it keeps shine away and stays put all day. I don't think it would stay without a setting powder, and brow pencil slicks right off if you don't use a qtip over your brows before hand.

Sunblock is great - I can't do chemical because it stings my eyes. Haven't freckled through this stuff unlike Shiseido.

At first I bought this off of the SK79 website to make sure I got the real thing; shipping took forever and when I ran out of the first tube they were out of stock on almost everything. I went to Amazon, and haven't noticed a difference.

Love this stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this bbcream on and off for a few years. I've gone through a few bottles. But, I realized recently that when I was younger, I didn't have a clue as to how to use bbcream! I put some on the other day and my face was so much darker. To the point where my mom looked at me and asked what the hay I put on my face. Thinking back, I think I ended up always putting on too much when I was younger and it makes me cringe now XD But I think it's odd how I am very very pale and this Korean bbcream which is supposed to be for lighter skinned people, is still too dark for me. I've had to mix a bit of my moisturizer in and that seemed to help. When I checked myself in the mirror later on, my face looked darker! Maybe bbcream is just not for me afterall. I still have quite a bit of this to use up and after that, I think I'm done with this one.

EDIT: I've been using this bbcream more and more lately with my usual Cetaphil moisturizer and with my CoverGirl Clean for Oily Skin foundation. I mix some of all 3 on the back of my hand and I get a shade that matches my skin and it goes on my skin really nicely! I powder my face after or I have a feeling it'll all melt off. After washing it all off at the end of the day, some of my spots are less red and others have healed. I've found the perfect combo!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I think that the hot pink B.B. cream is probably one of the ones a little closer to foundation even though it goes on creamy like most B.B.'s do. It provides nice coverage but it just didn't seem to... do much. Kind of a dull look, I suppose. I'm glad it works for so many but for me it's a made up look (but not caked!). This is too dark for alabaster skin tones, by the way. NC15-25ish seems to have the best luck with it.

This seems to be the first Skin79 B.B. many try out for some reason. I recommend looking into the others and reading into what skin types they are suitable for so there is no disappointment. I have oily skin and it didn't control or worsen it. 50/50.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Thought I would try this out for the summer months instead of the hold one but the coverage is waaaay too sheer! I think someone with really great skin could get away with it but it really hides nothing for me. I don't like the color as well as the gold either. I'm an NC25 and the gold has more yellow I think than this one. This seems more grey to me.

on 3/11/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this BB cream a year ago, and it was the first one I ever used. I liked it quite a bit, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

First, the packaging! It's super cute and very hygienic -- but it is hard to tell when you're running out or not, so it's good to have a backup just in case.

I found that the coverage is light to medium, and it really didn't do a good job at covering up my acne and my post hyperpigmentation. However, it did even out the redness in my skin. It didn't cake on me and didn't feel heavy. When first applied it ran much too grey on my yellow undertones and looked a little too light on me -- but when I'd look in the mirror a couple hours later this BB cream made me look fresh and radiant (although not nearly matching my skintone), with a dewy finish that didn't look oily... as long as I blotted my face.

That being said, the oil control was pretty good; my t-zone gets /very/ oily throughout the day and I found that I didn't have to blot as often while using this. The SPF in this is also a nice bonus, but it definitely can't replace normal sunscreen.

Overall, I wouldn't repurchase because I prefer higher coverage and also because the shade was slightly off (for reference, Lioele Triple the Solution fits my skintone perfectly). However, I do think that it is a good BB cream and I do recommend it -- it just doesn't tick the boxes for me.

on 2/23/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So far, this is my most favorite BB cream. It gives my skin a smooth and silky surface and covers my imperfections very well. Last year I tried it but it was a sample so I didn't pay much attention. After that, I tried L'Oreal BB cream, Dr. Jart, Garnier and Holika Holika but then I decided to switch back to this amazing Skin 79. It's so natural and easy to blend. I will definitely repurchase this. .

on 2/14/2014 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked the product. But see - "liked", not "loved".
This is because the product have low coverage and could have more SPF. Nonethless, the colour match with my skin tone, and also don't let my skin oily. But it does't give a matte efect.
But I can see why is this product so famous - sticks in the skin forever! I guess It can fits very well in girls with normal skin ou dry skin.

on 1/19/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first bb cream I ever tried since I heard so much good positive stuff about it. I got it back in 2011 for about $18, and I want to kick myself because now I can find it for as little as $13. I have combo/oily skin that's not sensitive or problematic. It didn't make me break out and it feels really refreshing and light on application. It was amazing! It looked like a second skin, covered pores, made my skin look literally perfect and poreless, and had pretty good coverage. The only con is that it was a little too white for my skintone. I am Southeast Asian, and not even that tan, but I have too much yellow and olive undertones and this bb cream never oxidized to my skintone. If i were paler or less yellowy olivey, I would totally repurchase this. Another con is that once it starts getting closer to being one year after opening, it starts to get really oily. I had mine for a year but it started to make my face feel really heavy and oily, so I threw it out.