Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 36-43

3.0

on 11/27/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have hormonal acne, oily skin, bad hyperpigmentation, pitted scarring, large pores. I purchased at crystal mall for 23cad. I like this bb cream but would not rebuy bc it's not the best color match for me, I've heard many claims that it will adjust to your skin tone and while it may adjust slightly making your skin look better-the difference between my neck was just way too obvious, I now fix it by adding one of my darker mineral powders so that I don't look like I'm wearing a face mask. (Missha bb cream in no 23 is a way better match). What I do like about skin 79 is that it makes my pores look way smaller, it's got decent oil control and has pretty good coverage, it basically does this weird thing where it tricks your eyes to make you look like you have better skin than you actually do, I have to say that my skin looks pretty decent, pretty smoothed out and pretty even, unfortunately I need better color match. I'm also suspecting that the whitening properties is working bc my skin is looking a bit lighter than I remember. I would probably choose missha over this the next time just bc of color but nonetheless still a good bb cream if its your color.

on 11/30/2012 8:24:00 PM

I was hopeful but this product gave me the worst breakout of my life. And that's saying a lot. I had a cyst so large and painful I had to go to the derm to get a cortisone shot. I have never had to do that before and I've suffered horrible cystic acne all my life. Add to that it was grey on my skin. Just a big disaster for me. (I tried the Gold as well and the same thing happened. Yes, I am that stupid.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just ordered a new bottle, so, yes, I would re-purchase and have done so already. You can find really good deals on ebay, so no complaints about the price. I have been using it for the past 6 months and a) no break-out b) it doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my face - especially around my brows, nose and mouth, though it does somewhat dry out the dry areas throughout the day but doesn't accentuate these areas as much as the regular foundation does. This BB cream has a light-medium coverage (you can build it up) and you can apply as much as you like without creating a cake city :) You will need a concealer if you have some serious imperfections but it does cover up the minor ones. I started using it when it was warm, so I learned that it will look best if I apply it without any moisturizer underneath (my skin is super oily during the warmer months). Amazingly it doesn't cling to the flakes on the skin. During the colder months I do use my EL ANR underneath+ Clinique moisture surge aroung my mouth (my driest area) and it works like a charm. It does not do anything in the direction of mattifying my skin (nothing possibly can - it's just too oily!) but it also doesn't make it more oily. If I do need some better coverage (looking for picture perfect skin) I add a light dusting of my Laura Mercier foundation powder. The shade is perfect as I am pale. I have tried to use it on my mother who is a couple of shades darker than me and she looked like a ghost. So, darker skinned girls watch out! It's not the best BB cream for you. The packaging is fine and the bottle is cute, but when there was nothing coming out of the pump anymore I decided to open the bottle and discovered that there was still plenty of the cream inside (enough for at least a couple of weeks!). PS this is not my first BB cream. I will add my (not quite positive) reviews on a couple of Missha bb creams (perfect cover and signature) later on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't work for me at all. Its way to light and grey and sort of drying. When I first put it on, my skin seems moisterized but after that the BB cream dries on my skin and makes my skin dry along with it.

I've been using it with my Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer and its worked ok. The KA product is really pigmented and a bit too dark and yello for me. This combo lightens up the color and makes the KA a bit less dewy.

on 8/30/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This came in a 4-pack I ordered to try. I wanted to try BB creams to streamline my am routine...I need to wear sunscreen daily as I am very prone to hyperpigmentation. My skin is sensitive to chemical filters, so I am stuck with physical filters like Zinc0 and TiO2. And since I have a light but not super pale complexion, I have to mix in bronzer or apply makeup over the sunscreen to make it look right. Add in the fact that most Zinc0 sunscreens are drying, so I require a moisturizer...and you now have an annoyingly complicated am routine for a low maintenance person who travels a lot. SO, this seemed like a wonderful solution.

I did not notice any grayness when I applied it. I did notice that my entire NC25-30ish face was 2 shades lighter. I looked like I was trying out for a vampire movie. It appeared like full foundation that was 2 shades too light. So I waited for it to oxidize................................................................................................................................................................................................................an hour later there was no change, and I had to wash it off to leave the house and look presentable.

Now, I notice that many happy muaers are using this much more sparingly than I was...which is fine, if you don't care about getting any sun protection. For me, this isn't any better than regular makeup that I mix into my sunscreen or apply over it. It is cheap, so.....there's that.

on 7/14/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought one from a local Asian cosmetics store for $ 27. The consistency of this BB cream is similar to most of moisturizer, thicker than normal foundation but it's blended very well. I just apply it with my fingers and it gives me a very natural, slightly dewy finish. As many reviewers mentioned, it looks greyish when first applied, but gradually oxidized to match the skin color. The color matches my skin almost perfectly (nc25-30). I apply finishing powder on top of it. I would say the coverage is light to medium since it doesn't cover some of my old acne scars. It covers redness and light discoloration pretty well though. It makes pores less visible and controls oil well, but I still need to blot with powder a few hours later. It's great for "no-makeup" makeup.

I've used it for two days. So far it doesn't irritate my sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin. I might not use it on a daily basis since I only plan to use it for casual days.

Two drawbacks:
1. It's slightly scented. However, the scent fades away in 20 minutes after application.
2. It doesn't last all day even with finishing powder. I put it on at 7 am. It started melting after lunch time at office temperature 75F.