Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Coverage- Medium. Covers acne and scarring moderately well. Evens out skin-tone. The consistency of the BB cream is definitely on the thicker/heavier side so it really feels like I'm wearing something on my skin.

Finish- Dewy/natural

Staying Power- Poor. Not so great on oil control. My face (which is not especially oily) becomes oily due to this product after about 3-4 hours. Afterwards, the product starts to slide around my face.

Also, this product tends to give off a gray cast which I find not very flattering.

Pros: very good for sensitive skin. Didn't break me out. When my skin got incredibly dry and painful due to prescribed acne creams I was using, every other foundation and even lotion made my skin feel like it was burning. This was the only makeup I could use that did not irritate my skin further and was very gentle.

Bottom Line: I'm glad I gave it a try but because of the poor staying power and color, I don't ever reach for this product and would not repurchase.

on 11/3/2015 8:16:00 PM

this is a must have ! im 18 and have acne oily prone skin since i was 14 tried nearly every acne brand there is and none worked atall i bought this just to give it a bash and OMG! feels amazing on my skin hides my blemishes good coverage and even helps my spots amazing product

I used this product for about 2 years, i have to say everything is almost perfect for this bb cream. pros: whitening. I know this sounds a bit too good to be true, but it really does brighten your ACTUAL MAKEUPLESS complexion. it evens out skin tone and fades dark circles. amazing? check. oil control. I use this, and set it with the body shop compact foundation. I am a very active uni student, I'm put on my makeup at 7am, reach home at 11pm. does it stay? well not entirely, it foes fade, but not in an ugly way, you wont look cakey or streaky or oily, it just fades naturally! packaging. hygienic, cute, safe to put in bag, sturdy. what else is there to ask for? korean lovers. I find some bb creams too dark (1 shade fits all), but this is definitely not one. it gives bright and fresh finish like all the korean makeup lovers long for. cons: coverage. the coverage is light, i have breakouts every 'that time' of the month, which makes my skin ugly for 2 out of 4 weeks in a month. this bb cream does not rly help cover them. full coverage concealer is definitely needed fakes. there are fakes of this product literally everywhere! you know the ones they sell for $13-17? those are fakes. I tried them before, they are not horrible or detrimental to my skin, but definitely not up to par with the authentic ones. overall, this is a great product for active people who needs coverage for redness and small acnes. but definitely not for heavy breakout ones!

on 12/4/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I did not like this BB cream very much. The texture was much thicker than I expected, although it does blend out well. It has the consistency of a thicker lotion or sunscreen. The coverage was medium and definitely buildable. I wanted something lighter for the warmer months so I wouldn't have to wear all-over foundation, but this felt heavier on my skin than I would have liked.

I have difficult skin though, which really puts every face product I use through its paces. My skin is combination, both very oily at the t-zone and dehydrated. The bb cream did ok at staying on my oilier areas, but completely highlighted any dry patches I had. This makes sense though, as the pink version is aimed at oily skin types. If you only have oily to normal skin, with no dry spots, then this would probably work well for you.

The worst issue I had with it however, was the color. My skin is NC25-NC30 and pretty yellow. Even well-blended into my skin, it looked grey and ashy. Some other reviewers mention it oxidizes to match, but the grey cast was still noticeable on me after wearing it for hours. Not flattering at all. I think the color is more suited to NC20-NC25 skin tone. Not sure how darker skinned girls are wearing this.

on 11/16/2014 12:35:00 AM

This is the absolute best foundation or BB cream I have ever used. I've been wearing this stuff for about a year and a half and I've been very happy with it! My biggest problem with almost everything I put on my face is that it doesn't look natural. It must be the texture of my skin or something but whenever I use a foundation, no matter how I apply it (fingers, brush, sponge) it always looks cakey and very unnatural. But not with Skin79 BB Cream. Applying it with my fingers or a sponge leaves my skin looking very natural but evened out and radiant. It doesn't have very heavy coverage but I usually don't need it as long as I use some concealer. One bottle lasts a pretty long time, usually about four months. I also love the long term benefits of using this BB cream. I believe it has helped my complextion even out and controls my acne. I'm young so I don't have any wrinkles, but I like that this product doesn't settle into the fine lines around my mouth and on my forehead. The price isn't bad at all if you buy it from Amazon, but I would probably still buy this even if it were expensive. Honestly, this product makes me so happy. I would recommend this to almost anyone!

I think its hard to get a good sense of this product from the review since almost all skin79 products bought online are fake (yes I bought a fake one myself on Ebay once, and its super hard to tell the difference) However the real products are very different from the fake ones.

I suspect a lot of the reviews here, are reviews of products from fake manufactures.

First sign, I see a lot of people are complaining that this leaves a yellow cast once it oxidise. I am sorry to say this but this is supposed to be greyish, if you get one where it leaves a yellow cast, you sure as hell have a fake.

I have used this for the longest time, and I don't think it contains any yellow pigments at all - its pink based with grey tones - and its very obvious.

Secondly, this should not by any means feel sticky, it it does you got a fake. Watery and creamy yes, sticky no!

Well, on to the product review.

To me this feels almost like a velvety moisturizer with medium coverage.
I love blending it on my skin!

It does not feel heavy at all and its lasts quite well on my oily skintype (5 hours). At the end of the day my skin feels moisturized and healthy, which I never experiences with normal foundations.

Note that I live in the north and its quite cold here, so I have no clue as to whether it would hold up in warmer weather.

Western BB creams don't stand a chance if you ask me.

The only con is the greyish cast. I have fair alabaster skin with slight pinkish undertones and even on me the greyish tint is apparent - and If I don't do my neck its noticeable. However I feel like it counteracts redness, which in my case is a good thing!

So cons? Well it depends on what you are looking for, if you don't like a moist feeling go for a regular foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG BB cream. I'm so glad I found this stuff! It works perfectly for my fair skin and gives me just the right amount of coverage. It doesn't break out my acne-prone skin, and actually I feel like my skin looks a little more even and clear since I began using it. I also have really oily skin and this looks decent all day (even better with my UD mattifying powder on top) and doesn't collect in the corners of my nose like other foundations and BB creams do. I find that it also blends well down my neck/jawline.

I only took a star off for the price and the packaging. Wish it was a little cheaper and I typically don't like pump bottles like this because too much product comes out with one pump and you can't tell how much is left in the bottom, and can't get the last bit out.

This is an awesome BB Cream. I love how my skin is AFTER I've used it. YES, after. My skin feels smooth while wearing this BB Cream and after I was my face. Unlike all other foundations or BB Creams, my face feels dry or a little itchy. I wear this whenever I'm doing outdoor activities or just feel like putting on that no makeup look.

on 6/30/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the crystal peeling gel on ebay and seller gave 2 sample of this bb cream. The coverage of this bb cream is so so. you need a few layers to cover minor red marks. The reason I don't like this bb cream is that it gives me whiteheads. I noticed after first application, my chin and cheeks were covered with whiteheads. They went away 2 weeks after i finished the sample.

on 6/23/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

is the bassic bb crem thtt you must use it was my firt bb cream a few year ago,has a medium coverage and i think the tone is suitable for everyone. For oily skin you need as always the help of powder.