Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.2

on 11/9/2015 10:52:00 PM

I purchased this around 2010, when it still had a cult following on YouTube and the blogosphere. I absolutely loved this foundation at the time I purchased it, partly because it was so trendy, but also because I was a complete n00b about foundations. If you were to ask me circa 2009 to 2011, I would probably wax poetry about how it was the perfect foundation... color matched me exactly.... etc etc. Present me is a little less enthusiastic for a variety of reasons.

1) This definitely does not color match to natural skin tone. In fact, it's really only wearable if you do a finished face (blush, lips, eyeshadow, bronzer...) but is too bare and ghastly to wear on its own. 2) It's beige borderline grey.... basically zombie makeup-but very dewy zombie makeup. 3) The product is created for the Asian aesthetic, which is clear, pale as sheet, mannequin-like skin.

The last caveat is personal preference, but I've long abandoned trying to look like my favorite kpop stars in favor of a more natural foundation. I don't like mismatching the color of my face to the rest of my body just to assimilate into an unnecessary beauty aesthetic for Ultra! Pale! Skin!

There are positives, however. I wish Skin79 would package whatever magic is in their BB creams into a skincare line. I always noticed how much brighter and healthier looking my complexion was when I was regularly using this product. Even after washing my face, my skin glowed and looked so amazing I was confident going out at night without foundation. (Actually, I'm pretty confident now either way ;P) This is also one of the best coverage BB cream from back in the day, and covered everyyyything, without accentuating dry skin or acne.

But with all the new bb cream products being mass produced here, there, everywhere, it's pretty easy to go and find a more reasonable product that actually looks like skin.

Great BB cream, out of all of the Korean BB Creams I think this one is the most popular, its not too thick and not too thin, I just wish it came in more colors, also the bottle lasts a really long time, however when you get down to the bottom you can't see how much is left and also since its a hard plastic packaging you can't open it to get the remaining product, but for the price its not bad compared to $60 foundations in department stores

on 12/13/2014 9:48:00 AM

muchhhhhh better than etude's, hope it didnt cause any breakouts

When I first ordered this BB cream online my skin had really bad acne, but after a few tries using it in a cover-up/foundation style I was disappointed (though glad I bought it cheaply online instead of buying another brand on retail price) so put it away for a few months.
Medication has since cleared skin up, and have fallen in love with this product, though I use it as more of a foundation mask under my eyes.
I have v dark circles so the thick consistency is great, and the gray tone of the cream disappears.
Because of the shine, I apply it and wait a few minutes while I do my eyeliner or whatever, and then use a cheap little sponge to just pat it and matt it a little (fingers would work too).
Has never caused me to break out.
I apply loose powder all over my face, and although the cream is dry by the time I powder, it still allows it to set nicely.
Love love love the thick consistency and how it doesn't crack, crease or sweat off. Also is lasting me ages, only need a tiny pump every day, very happy!!

Note: I am already very very pale and was worried about the grey tone initially (unnecessary worry), however that means I have no idea about whether it lightens skin or not.
As for SPF, I use a sheer-tinted 50 SPF sunblock as my base (like a primer I guess) all over my face and neck every morning, so again I don't know how well it protects the skin.

on 5/13/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Has sheer coverage, 3-5 staying power, but the shade is too dark for me. It's more suitable for medium / tan skin tones.

on 1/21/2014 11:48:00 PM

This is one of the best BB creams I have ever tried. The texture is little bit thick but it's workable. I have fair to medium asian skin so the color perfectly matches my skin tone, except when I get tanner in summer, it's a little too pale for me. I love the fact that it's a matte finish and it looks very natural. My mom once told me my skin looked so good and she didn't know I had this bb cream on.

This is one of a few bb creams that didn't make my skin break out. It doesn't smell bad like some other bb creams or foundations that I've tried. I normally don't set it with powder or anything but it can still stay on my skin all day long so it's quite impressive. And it's quite inexpensive here in Hong Kong too. I'm definitely going to repurchase this product.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Verdict: Amazing product for lazy days, fairly good coverage.

I was on the hunt for a product that I can easily use for school, because my usual foundation routine takes up too much of my time (I have a tan skin tone - think Beyonce - and I usually have to mix two foundation shades together to get the perfect match). The packaging comes with a very useful pump, but be warned: a little goes a LONG way with this BB cream. I usually pump out a fat teardrop size on each cheek, nose, chin and left and right area of my forehead before blending with my fingers. This is because any more than that and the product will not match my skintone, even after it has oxidised. If you're still unsure, check out official youtube videos on how to use BB creams - the models never put on alot of product. The fact that it matched was a very important requirement for me for a BB cream, as most Asian BB creams are only suited for fair skin with yellow undertones. But with this one, the cream FINALLY matches my skin tone! Hurrah!

It has a very light texture and that is exactly what I love about this BB cream: I never feel like it's sitting on my face. It absorbs easily but seems to have a grey undertone when first applied, although this disappears soon enough (as long as you don't over-apply!). It has a dewy finish, and I also like that because I feel like it makes me look fresh.

I use this for school and casual meet-ups when I feel lazy to do the whole she-bang. Although it does not give me any coverage for my dark eye circles (a problem area), it does eliminate some redness and brightens my skin. I've also been pretty blessed with good genes and never had any acne problems, so I don't know how this would work out on acne-prone/sensitive skin.

Overall, will buy again as my "lazy" foundation, unless someone can recommend me a better BB cream than this one!

on 7/7/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think it would be possible for me to love this more. I buy two bottles at a time, just in case. It gives me the coverage of a foundation, with everything else I could possibly need. I don't even buy foundation anymore. Just a pump of this from my forehead to my chest, a bit of powder and I'm done. I'm very fair, with a slightly pink undertone. This color is perfect. It just makes my skin look like, well, skin. My skin, but with less freckles, red spots, and other imperfections. It's everything in one pink bottle.

Please, Skin79, never stop making this magic elixir! You are my HG!!!

I am in love with this!! I have always wanted a foundation that looked this natural while still giving the coverage I need. The closest I came was mac face & body foundation which needed a couple of layers and still didn't quite give the coverage I wanted and always made me look a bit shiny, even with the prep + prime finishing powder over it. This has a slight glowy shine but it just looks like natural skin. I love how moist it is and that it feels dewy without feeling remotely greasy, or sticky.. in fact it feels like there's nothing there at all.

The colour is perfect, the coverage is perfect.. Add to that the super cute and hygienic packaging and really affordable price and this is definitely HG for me.

on 6/15/2013 2:07:00 PM

I love this! I've worn it every day this week and I think my skin looks better already. I've found that a little goes a long way with this product, and it works better when blended in with the fingers rather than my usual method of using my foundation brush. It is a touch grey and wet at first, but give it 5 minutes and it sinks into the skin and blends perfectly (at least on my complexion) I top this with sheer pressed powder (specifically MAC sheer finish NC15) and my skin looks like velvet all day. Lasting power is good too. I can't believe I'm so late to this Skin79 party. I'll definately re-purchase!