Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am married to this stuff. After my first couple of bottles, I dared stray to other foundations/ tinted moisturizers/ BB creams. I finally learned my lesson, and now will buy nothing else for this purpose, as long as it is available.
My skin is very fair and cool-toned, verging on pink... When I have tried in the past to use a more yellow-leaning or even "neutral" foundation to tone down the ruddiness, the result has been... ORANGE, especially after any oxidation at all.
Enter Skin79 Hot Pink, in all its greige glory. This is the one and only product that has rendered my skin *beige*. Neutral. Fair, but neither pink or yellow. Lovely.
The formula is creamy and has a quasi-satin-demi-matte finish, which does not budge or transfer. It is neither drying nor oily... just beautiful.
I do use Pacifica's Iris and Jasmine oil-controlling primer beneath it in the warmer months, and this helps keep my t-zone in control.
I love the excellent sun protection this provides... the coverage (don't need concealer even under my eyes, most days) the dewy-but-not-shiny finish, and excellent wear.
I'm on my bazillionth bottle, and will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Thought I would try this out for the summer months instead of the hold one but the coverage is waaaay too sheer! I think someone with really great skin could get away with it but it really hides nothing for me. I don't like the color as well as the gold either. I'm an NC25 and the gold has more yellow I think than this one. This seems more grey to me.

I got this in a sample pack of 4 bb creams and this is my second favorite (after the Gold).
The coverage is more than the other bb's in the kit, but less than foundation. It blends nicely...really nicely...like, you can't screw it up.
The only reason it isn't my fave is that it is a tiny bit dryer than the Gold, and has a hint more coverage too. So if you have oily skin, you'll def love this stuff!!! And if you're looking for more coverage, this is the stuff you want! It's about as pigmented as a tinted moisturizer, but it goes on way way better/easier. Plus when you take it off, you skin will look even better...It's got all kinds of healing stuff in it that improves your skin while you wear it.
Don't cheap out and buy the Americanized bb creams--they suck!! I've tried a bunch of them and they just looked stupid and made me break out...This is the real-deal Korean authentic stuff that makes skin look and feel amazing!!

on 12/13/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I must be the only person that's not a fan of this BB cream. For reference, i'm half Korean, with combination skin (more dry than oily though), with fine lines and age spots and small areas of melasma. It comes out of the bottle kinda gray, and once it oxidizes (couple of minutes later), it's supposed to start to almost match your skin, but in my case it doesn't, as the color looks pale and slightly unnatural, and i noticed after using it for awhile, it started to oxidize to a slightly orange-ish color. The finish is almost matte, and slightly tacky. It's definitely for oily or combination skin (that leans towards the oily side), because it accentuates the fine lines around my mouth and nasolabial folds. The one in the gold bottle is supposed to be more moisturizing and better for dry skin, so i'll try that one next. Not a fan of the bottle either even though it's a pump because it's completely opaque, so you have absolutely no idea how much you have left.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just ordered a new bottle, so, yes, I would re-purchase and have done so already. You can find really good deals on ebay, so no complaints about the price. I have been using it for the past 6 months and a) no break-out b) it doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my face - especially around my brows, nose and mouth, though it does somewhat dry out the dry areas throughout the day but doesn't accentuate these areas as much as the regular foundation does. This BB cream has a light-medium coverage (you can build it up) and you can apply as much as you like without creating a cake city :) You will need a concealer if you have some serious imperfections but it does cover up the minor ones. I started using it when it was warm, so I learned that it will look best if I apply it without any moisturizer underneath (my skin is super oily during the warmer months). Amazingly it doesn't cling to the flakes on the skin. During the colder months I do use my EL ANR underneath+ Clinique moisture surge aroung my mouth (my driest area) and it works like a charm. It does not do anything in the direction of mattifying my skin (nothing possibly can - it's just too oily!) but it also doesn't make it more oily. If I do need some better coverage (looking for picture perfect skin) I add a light dusting of my Laura Mercier foundation powder. The shade is perfect as I am pale. I have tried to use it on my mother who is a couple of shades darker than me and she looked like a ghost. So, darker skinned girls watch out! It's not the best BB cream for you. The packaging is fine and the bottle is cute, but when there was nothing coming out of the pump anymore I decided to open the bottle and discovered that there was still plenty of the cream inside (enough for at least a couple of weeks!). PS this is not my first BB cream. I will add my (not quite positive) reviews on a couple of Missha bb creams (perfect cover and signature) later on.

What this is NOT: full coverage foundation

What this IS: a fantastic tinted moisturizer and or primer to wear under your foundation or powder.

For a sheer dewy look: apply a dot on nose, cheeks, forehead and blend. Yes, it's grey to start, but oxidizes quickly and will match your skin. Use a beauty blender to insure good blending, then set with your powder of choice. I use the Laura Geller Balance n Brighten over it, FLAWLESS.

For more coverage, apply as stated above but then apply your foundation over it.

It helps everything stay put longer, and you will notice a wonderful brightening effect.

Don't waste your time or money with the US BB creams, this is the real deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great product for someone who already has good skin and doesn't require much coverage. For me, it's a bit too sheer. Other than that, it's lovely - great price, doesn't cause breakouts, wears well, good colormatch for my NC15 skin, very moist but not greasy. Slightly dewy finish. Looks grey when you first squeeze it out but once applied, it looks really natural. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't totally cover my redness or blemishes. Perfect for weekends.

I bought this product out of curiosity and wasn't really expecting it to be suitable for me but having read a lot of rave reviews over time I bought off a reputable Korean seller on eBay for under 10 including delivery. It wasn't going to be a massive loss therefore if it didn't work for me.

My first impressions were the packaging obviously which is a very solid hygienic pump. The pump dispenses aliquots of which one is enough per side of face without wasting product so that was a big plus.

I am very fair and blonde with combination skin and this stuff provides a FLAWLESS finish on my skin, I appiled it on top of my usual serum plus daily moisturiser and it minimised every pore! It's sort of magical how a rather odd toned cream in the hand (like others have said greyish, I'd describe it as beige) matches my skin tone perfectly and looks like I have no make-up on just good healthy skin (which is actually far from the truth at the moment as I am unwell)

There is a scent to it which I don't particularly care for however as I use aromatherapy based products on my skin and prefer a 'natural' scent to things but that fades quickly and isn't a problem for my sensitive nose and I am very picky about this issue!

Throughout the day it doesn't leave an oily slick on my skin as some have said their experience is, it sinks in and slighly tightens everything up. It's amazing stuff, I can't believe it's taken me so long to try a BB cream and I'm glad I opted for Skin79 Super+ in the pink as I did plenty of research beforehand. I definitely won't be shopping around for a different brand and will likely be giving up buying my bareMinerals foundation at this rate. I shall be purchasing some for my sister who has similar skin because I know it will suit her too. Happy days.

on 4/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll not bore you with the details of what is obviously a rave review for a HG product - others have stated the positives and done so more than adequately. The only thing I regret about this product is that I didn't find it 10 years and $1000's ago. To be considered HG for me, foundations have to have the following qualities:

1) Sink in and match my skintone exactly, to the point where it is virtually undetectable up-close
2) Leave a slightly dewy finish and not look too matte
3) Contain an SPF - but not feel uncomfortable or heavy
4) Even out my skintone and light sun damage without looking like I blotted out every flaw on my face with the facial equivalent of White Out.
5) Wear for at least an 8 hour workday without leaving me either cakey or flakey.

This product matches all the above criteria, so 5 well-deserved lippies from me! I will positively EXPIRE if they ever discontinue this stuff.

on 1/22/2012 4:31:00 PM

I love this product.
It provides moderate to full coverage, doesn't settle in pores or line, and it evens out my very fair skin tone without making it look pink or orange. It has an SPF of 25, has a nice clean scent to it.... What more could you want?

The color is probably more suitable for lighter skin tones. If you're unsure, there are a couple of nice YT videos out there comparing the different brands of BB creams and their respective shades, e.g. by Jen from frmheadtotoe and BentleyBlonde.

Prices seem to vary quite a bit, depending on where you buy. I bought it through Amazon for under $20 incl. shipping.

I am sure I will buy this again, and I can recommend you give it a try.