Filtered by hair type : Wavy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am married to this stuff. After my first couple of bottles, I dared stray to other foundations/ tinted moisturizers/ BB creams. I finally learned my lesson, and now will buy nothing else for this purpose, as long as it is available.
My skin is very fair and cool-toned, verging on pink... When I have tried in the past to use a more yellow-leaning or even "neutral" foundation to tone down the ruddiness, the result has been... ORANGE, especially after any oxidation at all.
Enter Skin79 Hot Pink, in all its greige glory. This is the one and only product that has rendered my skin *beige*. Neutral. Fair, but neither pink or yellow. Lovely.
The formula is creamy and has a quasi-satin-demi-matte finish, which does not budge or transfer. It is neither drying nor oily... just beautiful.
I do use Pacifica's Iris and Jasmine oil-controlling primer beneath it in the warmer months, and this helps keep my t-zone in control.
I love the excellent sun protection this provides... the coverage (don't need concealer even under my eyes, most days) the dewy-but-not-shiny finish, and excellent wear.
I'm on my bazillionth bottle, and will repurchase again and again.

on 10/15/2014 5:37:00 PM

This is my ALL time favorite BB cream! I have never used an Asian brand BB cream before, but now I know what all the hype is! This makes my skin look so amazing. I hate wearing foundation most of the time because it feels like I'm wearing a mask and my skin gets oily throughout the day. Most of the time I just use this BB cream and a little concealer. It's perfect. It doesn't have much coverage, so I use the concealer on my chin where I have bad acne scars. It stays on pretty much all day. It brightens my skin and makes it look less dull. The only thing is it was overpriced on Amazon. And I'm not a fan of how the pump is. It's hard for me to get product out. Nontheless, this is a great product and great alternative to foundation. The color match is great too. I am an NC/NW 20, and I also usually set this with a powder that matches my skin tone just to make sure I don't look ashy or too light. Definatly recommend!

on 11/10/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to start by saying this is my favorite beauty product of ALL time. Yes, it is that good!!! I have tried MANY of Skin79's BB creams, but I am faithful to this one! I have used it religiously for a year and a half (on my FIFTH bottle!). I have very acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin that is very pale in the winter, but tans nicely in the summer. I use this product year-round, even with changes in my skin tone.

My notes about this product:

1. No offensive smell, and that is important for me.

2. The packaging is amazing! Very sanitary and easy to use. Plus the pink is cute :)

3. The product is thick, and feels moisturizing. But it is not cakey at all! It leaves a dewy finish, not a matte finish.

4. It does not set immediately. It doesn't completely "dry" for a bit, but I like this because it allows me to work the BB cream into my skin.

5. This product has a grey undertone when you first apply it, but IT CHANGES TO MATCH YOUR SKIN! I promise! Do not be afraid of how your face looks initially, because within 30 minutes it will adjust.

6. The coverage is better than drugstore BB creams, but it is not a full coverage foundation. I use this product on a daily basis, but if I have breakouts, I have to use concealer.

7. I have noticed that it helps lighten my hyperpigmentation!!! This is the only foundation that I do not feel guilty putting on my face because I truly feel it is helping me skin! Not just covering it up.

8. It doesn't break me out! And I have super sensitive skin. I can sleep in this, no problem at all. Like I said above, I do not feel guilty about putting this on my skin.

9. The SPF is a huge benefit in the summer.

10. I have gotten so many compliments towards my skin when using this product because it looks VERY natural. Great for that "no-makeup" look.

11. I apply it with my fingers.

12. Here is a good review on youtube that I completely agree with:

Final verdict:
I will FOREVER repurchase this product. I will always have a bottle on hand because I wear it on an everyday basis. If I only use one makeup product, I use this. If I could only have one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be this!

on 9/20/2013 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So I first bought this 3 months ago after someone told me they really liked this product and that it is animal cruelty free and vegan. The first thing I noticed was that it felt think putting it on. I liked how it had SPF for the summer. Going on it looked grey but evened out after a few minutes. I set it with a bit of powder and it stays all day. So much so that it is a bit stubborn coming off but I think that is just the moisturizers. I have very fair very sensitive and very acne prone skin. It doesn't contribute to my acne and covers well. I might use mac nc15 concealer for a stubbern spot over this. My current issue is that sometimes I'll break out below my chin, upper neck area which is lighter than my face. This stuff looks so natural it looks like I'm not wearing makeup. I don't like how you can't see how much you are using though. I went thru this bottle in 3 months, using it generously and daily. I quickly went out and bought some mac foundation when I relived I ran out but nothing compares to this. It flawlessly matches my skin tone without looking orange. I love this stuff and it's pretty resonantly priced. I await my next bottle in the mail!!!!! I bought it off amazon. I don't think that this stuff is for everyone but it's perfect for me. (Acne prone, combination skin, fair, a few freckles). Try it out!!!

I adore this BB cream! This is the first "Asian" BB cream I've tried (I was previously using Garnier BB cream) & oh my what a difference! It puts the Garnier cream to shame (I don't really see how they can call it a BB cream in the first place as it's so sheer & light!)

I purchased this online as it's not sold in any stores in New Zealand after hearing rave reviews on shaaanxo's YouTube channel. I love the packaging, it looks super cute in my bathroom & yay for it being pink! The only thing I don't like is that you can't see how much you have left =( I don't know when I'm going to run out which is a bit of a pain but I'll just have to make sure I have a back up in the bathroom.

I use this every morning after moisturising (it's quite tricky to spread if your skin is dry), it has a greyish tint to it when you first apply it but as you blend it in it adjusts to your skin tone & looks amazing! It has fantastic coverage (a big huge tick from me!), it looks dewy and fresh & smells lovely.

My mum absolutely loves it also (she tried it after seeing how amazing it looked on my skin) which is a big deal since we have very different skin types & colouring. I have incredibly sensitive skin on my face & never know if a product with give me a reaction or not but this actually seems to soothe my skin! Amazing! LOVE IT

I love this BB cream! I have this one and the orange one, and I usually mix the two of them. But on it's own, this one is great as well. It's thick and easy to blend. It does have a sunscreen smell, but it's not overpowering and I like that smell. It comes out looking slightly grey (as opposed to the orange which comes out more yellow) but it does match to your skin once it sets. The finish is natural, but it has good coverage without feeling heavy. I have acne scarring on my cheeks and I feel comfortable wearing this product without a concealer. I wear it over a primer and it lasts all day and doesn't look cakey (aside from two spots on my nose where my glasses rest, but that's with any foundation for me) The packaging is adorable as well, and I love the pump. Overall, this is probably my favorite face product at the moment and I'll definitely repurchase. However, a little goes a long way and this will probably last me quite a while.

on 7/7/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think it would be possible for me to love this more. I buy two bottles at a time, just in case. It gives me the coverage of a foundation, with everything else I could possibly need. I don't even buy foundation anymore. Just a pump of this from my forehead to my chest, a bit of powder and I'm done. I'm very fair, with a slightly pink undertone. This color is perfect. It just makes my skin look like, well, skin. My skin, but with less freckles, red spots, and other imperfections. It's everything in one pink bottle.

Please, Skin79, never stop making this magic elixir! You are my HG!!!

on 6/9/2013 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Cute and functional packaging, a LOT of product, and a good price. It is very lightweight and gives perfect coverage. It is buildable and blendable and looks like second skin! I have very sensitive skin when it comes to products breaking me out, and this didn't break me out at all. After I apply a layer of this, I lightly powder to mattify any oilies for the rest of the day (usually, a constant battle for me) and I stay very matte ALL DAY. Also, SPF! Can you say HG? This is my first BB cream and I'm just gonna say it now, I don't feel like I have to test any others out.

This is my all time favorite beauty product. Ever. Before this BB cream I was always switching foundations- I must have tried dozens. I ordered this BB cream from Amazon for $15.33, a good price but actually the most expensive I've bought since before I've only used drugstore brands. I bought it because of the great reviews, although I had concerns about coverage and color. I am prone to slight breakouts and my skin is a little tan, especially during the summer, so I was concerned that the BB cream would be too light for me.
Despite my hesitations, I absolutely love my skin79 BB cream. It makes me skin look healthy and smooth and gives enough coverage without a cakey look. I still use concealer but that's because I sometimes get some nasty acne. I apply the BB cream with my Real Techniques Expert Facebrush and I feel using the brush gives a more natural look, although it does use a little more product than just applying with your fingers. However, the bottle does last a long time; I've had my current one for about two months and I still have quite some product left. The bottle is also great! It comes with a nice pump and the packaging is really cute. I have found, though, that its hard to tell if you're running out of product so now I open the bottle once in a while to check. To open it I just take something small and flat like a screwdriver or even tweezers and I stick it where you press down on the pump and pull up. Inside the pink container is a smaller white one.
I rarely ever write reviews but Im just absolutely in love with this BB cream and it saves me the stress and money of having to search for other foundations. This product is well worth the money and makes my skin healthier, clearer, and beautiful!

***Update***I'm still using this BB cream, and I'm still in love with it. I have changed how I apply it. I found that first rubbing the BB cream on my face with my fingers and then patting some more product where I need more coverage works best for me. I think I'll be using this product for a very long time!

I got this in a sample pack of 4 bb creams and this is my second favorite (after the Gold).
The coverage is more than the other bb's in the kit, but less than foundation. It blends nicely...really nicely...like, you can't screw it up.
The only reason it isn't my fave is that it is a tiny bit dryer than the Gold, and has a hint more coverage too. So if you have oily skin, you'll def love this stuff!!! And if you're looking for more coverage, this is the stuff you want! It's about as pigmented as a tinted moisturizer, but it goes on way way better/easier. Plus when you take it off, you skin will look even better...It's got all kinds of healing stuff in it that improves your skin while you wear it.
Don't cheap out and buy the Americanized bb creams--they suck!! I've tried a bunch of them and they just looked stupid and made me break out...This is the real-deal Korean authentic stuff that makes skin look and feel amazing!!