Filtered by age: 36-43

3.8

on 12/13/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I must be the only person that's not a fan of this BB cream. For reference, i'm half Korean, with combination skin (more dry than oily though), with fine lines and age spots and small areas of melasma. It comes out of the bottle kinda gray, and once it oxidizes (couple of minutes later), it's supposed to start to almost match your skin, but in my case it doesn't, as the color looks pale and slightly unnatural, and i noticed after using it for awhile, it started to oxidize to a slightly orange-ish color. The finish is almost matte, and slightly tacky. It's definitely for oily or combination skin (that leans towards the oily side), because it accentuates the fine lines around my mouth and nasolabial folds. The one in the gold bottle is supposed to be more moisturizing and better for dry skin, so i'll try that one next. Not a fan of the bottle either even though it's a pump because it's completely opaque, so you have absolutely no idea how much you have left.

on 11/30/2012 8:24:00 PM

I was hopeful but this product gave me the worst breakout of my life. And that's saying a lot. I had a cyst so large and painful I had to go to the derm to get a cortisone shot. I have never had to do that before and I've suffered horrible cystic acne all my life. Add to that it was grey on my skin. Just a big disaster for me. (I tried the Gold as well and the same thing happened. Yes, I am that stupid.)

on 3/24/2018 11:18:00 AM

This product gives great coverage. Having said that, it does not at all adapt to your skin tone. It made me look extremely pale and left a gray cast. This also feels heavy and slides off mid day. It also cakes up on t zone areas even though it says it's oil control. This stuff broke me out badly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Thought I would try this out for the summer months instead of the hold one but the coverage is waaaay too sheer! I think someone with really great skin could get away with it but it really hides nothing for me. I don't like the color as well as the gold either. I'm an NC25 and the gold has more yellow I think than this one. This seems more grey to me.

on 11/26/2012 6:05:00 PM

When I first used this, I loved it. It smoothed out my complexion, covered nicely and just looked good but not heavy. Unfortunately, within about two weeks I developed severe acne along my jawline with no other changes to my skin care regimen. I am 42 years old, and while I do get acne sometimes, I dont get severe amounts along my jawline and cheeks. It has taken more than 3 weeks for my skin to get remotely better. Probably didnt help that I continued to use it when I was getting acne, thinking "oh, i need to use more because my skin looks like crap" when it was the cream itself causing the acne.

Too bad as I really wanted to like this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't work for me at all. Its way to light and grey and sort of drying. When I first put it on, my skin seems moisterized but after that the BB cream dries on my skin and makes my skin dry along with it.

I've been using it with my Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer and its worked ok. The KA product is really pigmented and a bit too dark and yello for me. This combo lightens up the color and makes the KA a bit less dewy.

on 8/30/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This came in a 4-pack I ordered to try. I wanted to try BB creams to streamline my am routine...I need to wear sunscreen daily as I am very prone to hyperpigmentation. My skin is sensitive to chemical filters, so I am stuck with physical filters like Zinc0 and TiO2. And since I have a light but not super pale complexion, I have to mix in bronzer or apply makeup over the sunscreen to make it look right. Add in the fact that most Zinc0 sunscreens are drying, so I require a moisturizer...and you now have an annoyingly complicated am routine for a low maintenance person who travels a lot. SO, this seemed like a wonderful solution.

I did not notice any grayness when I applied it. I did notice that my entire NC25-30ish face was 2 shades lighter. I looked like I was trying out for a vampire movie. It appeared like full foundation that was 2 shades too light. So I waited for it to oxidize................................................................................................................................................................................................................an hour later there was no change, and I had to wash it off to leave the house and look presentable.

Now, I notice that many happy muaers are using this much more sparingly than I was...which is fine, if you don't care about getting any sun protection. For me, this isn't any better than regular makeup that I mix into my sunscreen or apply over it. It is cheap, so.....there's that.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved this product initially, but unfortunately it caused some yucky cystic breakouts around my chin and mouth (I rarely break out). It also made me really oily in just a few hours, and I have relatively normal skin.

Going back to my safe old Revlon Colorstay foundation.

on 9/3/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well, I like this, but not love this. It amazingly covers everything, but on my NC20 skin, it's just too dark, a touch too pinky grey. Plus, I am suddenly looking greasy in the t-zone. Didn't notice my pores shrinking either.

UPDATE: Well, I gave this a break for a week, then returned. It's definitely this product that makes my face an oil slick, particularly the T-zone. I used a setting powder on top and still, I am shiny. I thought this was for oily/combo skin?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great product for someone who already has good skin and doesn't require much coverage. For me, it's a bit too sheer. Other than that, it's lovely - great price, doesn't cause breakouts, wears well, good colormatch for my NC15 skin, very moist but not greasy. Slightly dewy finish. Looks grey when you first squeeze it out but once applied, it looks really natural. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't totally cover my redness or blemishes. Perfect for weekends.