Filtered by age: 36-43

3.8

on 4/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll not bore you with the details of what is obviously a rave review for a HG product - others have stated the positives and done so more than adequately. The only thing I regret about this product is that I didn't find it 10 years and $1000's ago. To be considered HG for me, foundations have to have the following qualities:

1) Sink in and match my skintone exactly, to the point where it is virtually undetectable up-close
2) Leave a slightly dewy finish and not look too matte
3) Contain an SPF - but not feel uncomfortable or heavy
4) Even out my skintone and light sun damage without looking like I blotted out every flaw on my face with the facial equivalent of White Out.
5) Wear for at least an 8 hour workday without leaving me either cakey or flakey.

This product matches all the above criteria, so 5 well-deserved lippies from me! I will positively EXPIRE if they ever discontinue this stuff.

on 11/30/2012 8:24:00 PM

I was hopeful but this product gave me the worst breakout of my life. And that's saying a lot. I had a cyst so large and painful I had to go to the derm to get a cortisone shot. I have never had to do that before and I've suffered horrible cystic acne all my life. Add to that it was grey on my skin. Just a big disaster for me. (I tried the Gold as well and the same thing happened. Yes, I am that stupid.)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN NC30, normal to dry, occasional acne and dry spots in the winter.
* REVIEW (a) TEXTURE creamy and very slightly scented but not annoyingly so; (b) COVERAGE light to medium coverage; (c) SUN PROTECTION SPF25 PA++; (d) COLOR - goes on ashy gray upon first application but after about 10 minutes it oxidizes to match my skin perfectly; (e) WEARABILITY lasts well into the day without any irritation or need for touch-ups; (f) ADVERSE REACTIONS none so far, it is moisturizing without leaving my skin feeling weighed down.
* CONS - Only SPF25 PA++ compared to Missha Perfect Cover which is SPF42 PA+++.
* VERDICT This rivals my favorite BB cream, the Missha Perfect Cover (#23). It performs just as well and the color match is slightly better since it is rosier and has less gray tones. I will happily repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am married to this stuff. After my first couple of bottles, I dared stray to other foundations/ tinted moisturizers/ BB creams. I finally learned my lesson, and now will buy nothing else for this purpose, as long as it is available.
My skin is very fair and cool-toned, verging on pink... When I have tried in the past to use a more yellow-leaning or even "neutral" foundation to tone down the ruddiness, the result has been... ORANGE, especially after any oxidation at all.
Enter Skin79 Hot Pink, in all its greige glory. This is the one and only product that has rendered my skin *beige*. Neutral. Fair, but neither pink or yellow. Lovely.
The formula is creamy and has a quasi-satin-demi-matte finish, which does not budge or transfer. It is neither drying nor oily... just beautiful.
I do use Pacifica's Iris and Jasmine oil-controlling primer beneath it in the warmer months, and this helps keep my t-zone in control.
I love the excellent sun protection this provides... the coverage (don't need concealer even under my eyes, most days) the dewy-but-not-shiny finish, and excellent wear.
I'm on my bazillionth bottle, and will repurchase again and again.

on 4/11/2013 10:59:00 AM

Product - Very impressed with this product. I have been using this for about a month. I don't have any major skin issues (so I can't attest to any healing or preventative properties), but I prefer to wear a TM or BB cream to even out my coloring. This BB cream does in fact lean a little grayish mauve before application. Since I don't need a ton of coverage, and we live in a very dry climate, I blend this 50/50 with my moisturizer/serum before applying - something heavier when my skin is feeling particularly dry, or a light daily SPF15 moisturizer during summer months. (I'll update this review if I ever wear it straight from the bottle.) It goes on smoothly and blends easily. Unlike some TMs it doesn't seem to highlight dry flaky areas of skin as badly. Does a great job of evening out my coloring and leaves a flawless canvas with which to work. I'm AAB/NC25 so I suppose this BB cream was "meant" for gals like me. Indeed, it is an excellent match for me. What I like most about this BB cream is its water-resistance - it may even be waterproof. My old TM would rub off easily whenever I touched my face, blew my nose, whatever. This BB stays puts and never comes off on a tissue or scarf or hands, yet it doesn't plug my pores or weigh down my skin. Doesn't feel heavy or greasy or drying. I love that I can touch my face during the day and not worry about it wearing or rubbing off. It wears so well, it feels like I'm not wearing a BB or TM at all. Washes off without difficulty at the end of the day with my usual skincare routine.

Packaging - Full size unit is a squat cylinder of fuschia plastic, and the top surface is pressed to push product out of a small hole at the top of the cylinder. Surprisingly good control.

Other - What the heck is "beblesh"? LOL.

Overall - Pretty sure this is a HG item, but I'll be trying some of the other Skin79 BB formulations anyway to confirm :)

UPDATE: I decided to keep both the Hot Pink Super+ and VIP Gold Super+ on hand. Turns out the Gold is better suited for my skin during the drier winter months, and Hot Pink during warmer weather. continued >>

What this is NOT: full coverage foundation

What this IS: a fantastic tinted moisturizer and or primer to wear under your foundation or powder.

For a sheer dewy look: apply a dot on nose, cheeks, forehead and blend. Yes, it's grey to start, but oxidizes quickly and will match your skin. Use a beauty blender to insure good blending, then set with your powder of choice. I use the Laura Geller Balance n Brighten over it, FLAWLESS.

For more coverage, apply as stated above but then apply your foundation over it.

It helps everything stay put longer, and you will notice a wonderful brightening effect.

Don't waste your time or money with the US BB creams, this is the real deal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a great product for someone who already has good skin and doesn't require much coverage. For me, it's a bit too sheer. Other than that, it's lovely - great price, doesn't cause breakouts, wears well, good colormatch for my NC15 skin, very moist but not greasy. Slightly dewy finish. Looks grey when you first squeeze it out but once applied, it looks really natural. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't totally cover my redness or blemishes. Perfect for weekends.

on 12/13/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must be the only person that's not a fan of this BB cream. For reference, i'm half Korean, with combination skin (more dry than oily though), with fine lines and age spots and small areas of melasma. It comes out of the bottle kinda gray, and once it oxidizes (couple of minutes later), it's supposed to start to almost match your skin, but in my case it doesn't, as the color looks pale and slightly unnatural, and i noticed after using it for awhile, it started to oxidize to a slightly orange-ish color. The finish is almost matte, and slightly tacky. It's definitely for oily or combination skin (that leans towards the oily side), because it accentuates the fine lines around my mouth and nasolabial folds. The one in the gold bottle is supposed to be more moisturizing and better for dry skin, so i'll try that one next. Not a fan of the bottle either even though it's a pump because it's completely opaque, so you have absolutely no idea how much you have left.

on 9/3/2010 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well, I like this, but not love this. It amazingly covers everything, but on my NC20 skin, it's just too dark, a touch too pinky grey. Plus, I am suddenly looking greasy in the t-zone. Didn't notice my pores shrinking either.

UPDATE: Well, I gave this a break for a week, then returned. It's definitely this product that makes my face an oil slick, particularly the T-zone. I used a setting powder on top and still, I am shiny. I thought this was for oily/combo skin?

on 11/27/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have hormonal acne, oily skin, bad hyperpigmentation, pitted scarring, large pores. I purchased at crystal mall for 23cad. I like this bb cream but would not rebuy bc it's not the best color match for me, I've heard many claims that it will adjust to your skin tone and while it may adjust slightly making your skin look better-the difference between my neck was just way too obvious, I now fix it by adding one of my darker mineral powders so that I don't look like I'm wearing a face mask. (Missha bb cream in no 23 is a way better match). What I do like about skin 79 is that it makes my pores look way smaller, it's got decent oil control and has pretty good coverage, it basically does this weird thing where it tricks your eyes to make you look like you have better skin than you actually do, I have to say that my skin looks pretty decent, pretty smoothed out and pretty even, unfortunately I need better color match. I'm also suspecting that the whitening properties is working bc my skin is looking a bit lighter than I remember. I would probably choose missha over this the next time just bc of color but nonetheless still a good bb cream if its your color.