Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

I'm on my second bottle of this BB cream and I love it. I have oily skin and I do get the greasies after a few hours but c'est la vie! That's what blotting paper is for.

I'm an NC25 and the shade works on me. It's a little purple-gray (grurple?) going on, but within minutes it matches my skin. It has pretty good coverage—if my skin is in good shape, this is all I need, and if I'm recovering from a breakout, I just need a little extra concealer on the problem spots. It does a decent job covering my dark circles, and I just use my fingers to apply it, though it does give you more opaque coverage if you use a foundation brush. The finish is dewy but not shiny, and it looks very natural. As a bonus, you don't feel it on your skin like some foundations. It lasts all day for me, and I like the slightly floral smell.

Now I'm seeing a lot of reviews along the lines of "I wish I could see how much was left" or "I wish I could open it up to get the last of it." Ladies and gentlemen, this BB cream's beautiful pump packaging is ridiculously easy to open, and I'm going to walk you through it in three easy steps.

1. Look at the bottom of the container. See that off-center hole? Get a paperclip and stick it in that hole. (That's what she said.) You don't even have to use that much force; one gentle poke and the inner canister will pop right out like that thing from the Da Vinci Code.

2. See how the white inner canister that popped out has two sections? Just unscrew that sucker.

3. Look inside at all that BB cream goodness. Rejoice. (After I'd "finished" my first bottle I opened it up and found a week's worth of cream still inside. Take that, Skin79!)

continued >>

on 7/9/2010 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe I never reviewed this as I love it so much.

Price: $8-$15, depends on who/where you buy it from; got mine from Ebay.

Color: I'm about NC30-NC35, this BB cream look too light for me, but give it time to settle down, it blends perfectly to my skin color.

I started using this in January 2010. And some time around Feb., I noticed that some of my acne scars disappeared, then starting April, I ONLY used this BB cream, no other powder/foundation. (Before this, I always wore the BB cream under my foundation (Revlon PR), for extra coverage.) Other than the acne scars disappearing, I don't notice any other changes it made to my face, though I have gotten compliments that my skin looks smooth when I wore only this BBcream.

I've been using this roughly around 5 months, (went on a one month vacation and forgot to pack this along). And I'm not sure how much product is left, but it last a pretty good amount of time so far.

Will repurchase.

~~~EDIT: 08/11/10~~~
I notice that this really makes my pores disappear!! so I apply it on my nose going out towards my cheeks where I mostly had blackheads, and it's awesome!! Really makes the area look smooth.

NOTE: By the way, there's also a gold version of this. I tried both, and the gold version broke me out, I did some more research and it says that this pink label one is for oily skin, which is the kind of skin I have.

on 11/30/2012 8:24:00 PM

I was hopeful but this product gave me the worst breakout of my life. And that's saying a lot. I had a cyst so large and painful I had to go to the derm to get a cortisone shot. I have never had to do that before and I've suffered horrible cystic acne all my life. Add to that it was grey on my skin. Just a big disaster for me. (I tried the Gold as well and the same thing happened. Yes, I am that stupid.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I purchased mine from the Amazon seller "COSTSELL" and its 100% genuine. AND it shipped very fast!!!!
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: I got mine for $16 plus shipping
COVERAGE: Light, can be built to a Light-Medium coverage, in my opinion. A lot of my acne scarring still shows through, but its "blurred", if that makes sense... It is not concealed, but they look softer and less noticeable.
FINISH: Is natural, glowy, luminous and beautiful! I do set it with a light mattifying powder, but the glow still shows through.
TEXTURE: Thick and creamy, like all BB creams should feel :D
SPF: 25
LASTING POWER: Not the best, probably around 6 hours, depending on the weather.
SHADES: Comes in 1 grey shade that adjusts to ones skintone. Its probably best for those with cool undertones, however, I have warm undertones and with a little bronzer it works fine.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope! I dont feel its really correcting my skin though, but definitely not irritating it.
PACKAGING: I love the packaging! Its really cool, compact and has a pump. The only thing I dont like is you can't see how much product is left when you start running out :/
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: I really enjoy how light and convenient this is. I am just a tad disappointed that I have not noticed any improvements in my skin, because thats what a BB cream is supposed to do. But its a great thing to wear for school, summer, and winter!
TIP: Use the PATTING technique with this. That is, patting this into your skin with your hands. It will concentrate the coverage

on 12/24/2012 3:45:00 PM

When my Armani Silk and Face Fabric foundations arrived in the mail I washed off my Skin79 Pink BB cream I was wearing because I couldn't wait to try them...thirty minutes later I washed them off and reapplied the BB cream. The color and finish of the BB cream looked better on my med/fair 50 yr old skin... little like a soft-focus lens. Granted, Armani is a terrific status symbol and has classy packaging, but nobody sees that part at the grocery store ;) I use the Skin 79 as a base applied with a Kabuki or blender (it feels terrific going on) and apply concealer and powder where needed. I have oil and enlarged pores in the T-Zone and this does a good job diffusing the pores and quelling the oil without drying the rest of my face. I rarely re-order a product...I'm reordering this from Amazon.

on 8/1/2012 7:13:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL! If you're fair to fair/medium, then this is the redness annihilator! I've seen reviews for this on youtube and before/after pics online. They don't do this product justice. This is one of those rare products that photographs well but looks 1000x better in person. I'm light-skinned with a general pink hue and terrible ruddiness on my cheeks. I have been using Estee Lauder Doublewear for the past few years, and it does a great job of covering redness and blemishes on the first pass. HOWEVER, it cakes easily and it's extremely drying. Though I apply the DW with a very light hand and a dampened makeup wedge, it's still obvious I'm wearing makeup. This Skin79 BB Cream? UNDETECTABLE! I took a before/after pic, and you'd swear that my skin was blurred in photoshop. It doesn't make my skin perfect. I'm not going for perfect with a BB Cream. I just wanted it to make everything better, and it exceeded all expectations.. AND this particular Hot Pink line offers moisture while remaining matte - even in the humid heat of summer in Miami - plus an SPF of 25 AND it supposedly fades dark spots and wrinkles in the process. I cannot get over how remarkable this product is! Upon seeing the results in person, my grandmother insisted I purchase 2 bottles for her - she's in her 80's and plagued with broken capillaries on her pale skin. I'd say it's a bit darker than her skin, but it blended easily and she likes the color. It goes on grey, but don't be alarmed - it will change to flesh color as it's applied. My best friend, a guy, who hates the slight rosacea on his cheeks but was never able to find something that wouldn't look like makeup, is having this overnighted to him. I'm telling you, if redness is an issue for you, then you must try this stuff. I've read some reviews in which people purchased fake Skin79 Hot Pink BB Creams that broke their skin out, so my advice is to either buy directly from Skin79 or read the seller's profile on Amazon carefully. I'm an avid eBayer, but I would not purchase this from eBay. It's very affordable, and very easy to find. I purchased mine on Amazon for $14 though some were priced at $9. I went with the more reputable seller, and I'm glad I did.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ohkay, I seriously loved this BB cream for the longest time. I praised it, even recommended it to co-workers, but now I regret even buying it. At first this product was like a gift from God. My skin felt amazing and never looked so flawless. I thought I surely found my HG BB cream. Then a few months passed, and I started to notice little under the skin blemishes all along my jawline and forehead. Thinking it might just be a flaw in my skin care routine I changed everything from my moisturizer to toner BUT my beloved BB cream. After all, that staple of a product could do no wrong, right? Nope... Terribly wrong. After subsiding my breakouts for what I believed to be a periodic hormonal teenage thing we all go through in life I continued to use the product for another month. That's when things went baaaaaaaad. I began to form cystic lumps all over my forehead and very painful black heads along my jaw. And that's when I put two and two together ad realized... My adored BB cream caused my skin to look the worst it's ever been. :( I'm still attempting to get my skin under control from the breakouts that happened weeks ago.

Moral of the story ladies and gents, Skin79 Pink Label BB cream will seem like a gem. It'll make your skin feel amazing and look so impeccable for a little chunk of time. Then BOOM! That's when it'll hit you with clogged pores and painful breakouts. So please, don't be naive and stupid like I was. Save your skin. This is not your saving grace. It's your skins worst nightmare!

on 4/11/2012 12:39:00 PM

I am upset that I am just now discovering this product and not when I needed it the most 5 years ago! Skin79 is great. They do have too much of a variety to choose from so you get overwhelmed and confused about which product is best for your skin. I do recommend ordering it through Amazon even if it takes 3-4 weeks to receive. (Most likely you're going to order overseas) Look for a sample kit to try their 4 best sellers. I feel good because I know this is real BB cream. I recently tried Garnier's BB cream and I thought that was good until I got this. Now that I've tried authentic BB cream, I've realized Garnier's BB cream is nothing like it. It is definitely just like a tinted moisturizer with a sad amount of coverage...that also leaves you feeling super oily, shiny and somewhat discolored? Gross.

I tried this cream as soon as I received it in the mail. The consistency is a bit thick but applies smoothly. What blew me away was how it did not leave my skin feeling oily or sticky! Coverage was spectacular and I do recommend applying one layer generously in a circular motion to set, then pat on a second layer to diminish any skin imperfections. I have light/medium skin with golden undertones. Bare Minerals in Golden Medium is my exact match. The tint of this BB cream is a little too light for me but after 30 minutes, the oxidation kicks in and eventually matches my skin complexion. After just 2 weeks of use, my skin is noticeably lighter, smoother, hydrated, tighter and most of my hyper-pigmentation has faded. My mother doesn't lecture about how I cannot care of my skin anymore. Fantastic!

I paid just $10 for this and shipping was $4.99. A very small investment for great skin. It's definitely worth a try. I will be ordering this wonderful youth potion again!

on 11/10/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to start by saying this is my favorite beauty product of ALL time. Yes, it is that good!!! I have tried MANY of Skin79's BB creams, but I am faithful to this one! I have used it religiously for a year and a half (on my FIFTH bottle!). I have very acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin that is very pale in the winter, but tans nicely in the summer. I use this product year-round, even with changes in my skin tone.

My notes about this product:

1. No offensive smell, and that is important for me.

2. The packaging is amazing! Very sanitary and easy to use. Plus the pink is cute :)

3. The product is thick, and feels moisturizing. But it is not cakey at all! It leaves a dewy finish, not a matte finish.

4. It does not set immediately. It doesn't completely "dry" for a bit, but I like this because it allows me to work the BB cream into my skin.

5. This product has a grey undertone when you first apply it, but IT CHANGES TO MATCH YOUR SKIN! I promise! Do not be afraid of how your face looks initially, because within 30 minutes it will adjust.

6. The coverage is better than drugstore BB creams, but it is not a full coverage foundation. I use this product on a daily basis, but if I have breakouts, I have to use concealer.

7. I have noticed that it helps lighten my hyperpigmentation!!! This is the only foundation that I do not feel guilty putting on my face because I truly feel it is helping me skin! Not just covering it up.

8. It doesn't break me out! And I have super sensitive skin. I can sleep in this, no problem at all. Like I said above, I do not feel guilty about putting this on my skin.

9. The SPF is a huge benefit in the summer.

10. I have gotten so many compliments towards my skin when using this product because it looks VERY natural. Great for that "no-makeup" look.

11. I apply it with my fingers.

12. Here is a good review on youtube that I completely agree with:

Final verdict:
I will FOREVER repurchase this product. I will always have a bottle on hand because I wear it on an everyday basis. If I only use one makeup product, I use this. If I could only have one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be this!

on 7/8/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have lost count of how many of these I have bought. I love the ease of putting it on. It will then adjust to your skin color. It has great coverage and looks like my natural
skin. I have people tell me how lucky I am to have great skin when I have this on. I get this on amazon and go with a Korean store location. I then wait the 4 weeks for it to arrive. Then I know I have the real product. This is the best BB I have found. It also gives great sun protection. I am in my 50's and have NC25 skin color. My skin tends to be on the dry side. For reference, my other favorite foundation is double wear Estée Lauder as it has good coverage and does not transfer on clothes and does not sweat off. I use the middle one and it is liquid. They a light and full coverage also. I have used both of these for more than 10 years. I try new ones and always come back to these.