I'm on my second bottle of this BB cream and I love it. I have oily skin and I do get the greasies after a few hours but c'est la vie! That's what blotting paper is for.

I'm an NC25 and the shade works on me. It's a little purple-gray (grurple?) going on, but within minutes it matches my skin. It has pretty good coverageif my skin is in good shape, this is all I need, and if I'm recovering from a breakout, I just need a little extra concealer on the problem spots. It does a decent job covering my dark circles, and I just use my fingers to apply it, though it does give you more opaque coverage if you use a foundation brush. The finish is dewy but not shiny, and it looks very natural. As a bonus, you don't feel it on your skin like some foundations. It lasts all day for me, and I like the slightly floral smell.

Now I'm seeing a lot of reviews along the lines of "I wish I could see how much was left" or "I wish I could open it up to get the last of it." Ladies and gentlemen, this BB cream's beautiful pump packaging is ridiculously easy to open, and I'm going to walk you through it in three easy steps.

1. Look at the bottom of the container. See that off-center hole? Get a paperclip and stick it in that hole. (That's what she said.) You don't even have to use that much force; one gentle poke and the inner canister will pop right out like that thing from the Da Vinci Code.

2. See how the white inner canister that popped out has two sections? Just unscrew that sucker.

3. Look inside at all that BB cream goodness. Rejoice. (After I'd "finished" my first bottle I opened it up and found a week's worth of cream still inside. Take that, Skin79!)

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

**I apologize for the lengthy review, but a bit of back story is necessary I think**
I am totaly blown away...I LOVE this BB cream!! I've been on a rather daunting quest to find my perfect foundation, and kept failing miserably. After countless hauls from Chanel, Armani, Sephora, Shiseido, Dior, Laura Mercier, ect., I was literally in tears at times because even the most touted products were less than optimal for me. THEN my Skin79 arrived. I had ordered it on a whim with no expectations (honestly, HOW good could a $13 cream really be, I thought) and had totally forgotten about it when it arrived. When I first saw the product itself, I almost tossed it in the trash. A creepy grey-ish foundation-y color was staring back at me from the bit I squirted on my hand...but I said what the heck and applied it anyway. I had nothing to lose at this point. LADIES AND GENTS...DONT BE PUT OFF BY THE INITIAL COLOR!! It glided on my skin like a dream, blended beautifully, and within seconds the color matched my skin perfectly. My chin actually dropped!! The coverage is amazing, it feels like silk, the color correction was spot on, it wasn't grey at all, and my skin appeared smooth for the first time in years. I was left in tears of joy. I'll be honest...just that morning I had ordered yet another high-end foundation to try and wished I could have cancelled it. This product is just that good.
***A little bit of history about my skin and why I'm so excited about this product***
I am a 35 year old woman who has put her skin thru hell and back. I have very a very fair Irish/German complection that blesses me with a red cast to my face most of the time (especially my cheeks), yet my neck and decolletage are snow white. I have tons of freckles on my face and a bit of hyperpigmentation on my lower cheeks, which make foundation matching a nightmare because in order to make my face match my neck, I have to buy very light shades that are often too light for my face (and we all know how nasty that effect can be...even worse than too dark depending on the product!). Im a bit backward, in that, when I'm NOT wearing makeup, my face is darker than my neck! Even most professionally matched concealers have been somewhat visible on my skin for some reason...so covering all these spots is a battle in itself. I have combination skin with dry cheeks/chin and oily T-zone...and last year I was blessed with a broken capillary right below my left eye...YAY! :( Just in the last few years I have developed some pretty crappy self esteem issues stemming from the damage I've done to my face, but I do NOT want to take the plunge into resurfacing or cosmetic surgery, as I feel I am still too young. I dont wanna break out the big guns this early in life! LOL!
Anyway, these are the things that drive my search for the HG of foundations/BB creams/imperfection correctors.
ALONG with the above, I was tomboy in my youth and teenage years and never had a problem with acne, which led me not to give a hoot about skincare/makeup. While my friends were hawking the Clinique and Lancome counters after school, I was on the ballfield..it wasnt till I started dating and went off to college that I even began to care, and even then, I was concerned soley with the end result, i.e. what looked good, rather than what was good for my skin. Late night study sessions and your average college party nights often led me not to wash my makeup off till the next day in the shower...all the while I was baking myself in the tanning bed daily and not giving a thought to the future of my precious face. Eventually I started to take better care but the damage was done. Even the best primers haven't helped much (except one from L'Oreal...see my review).
Long story short....This BB cream is a dream come true so far!!!! It gives me good coverage, balances out my redness, hides my imperfections, does NOT settle into my fine lines, and my face matches my neck! Ive only been using it a few days...so I'll edit if anything adverse pops up....but for now, this is a DEFINITE THUMBS UP!!!!!

on 10/2/2012 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

***ATTENTION OLIVE, TAN & LIGHT BROWN GIRLS...***

WOW!

I ordered some samples of this directly from Korea after doing a TON of research on BB creams for weeks. I also ordered 3 comparable creams from other companies - BB's that were good for acne prone skin and discoloration.

While I also tried the BRTC Blemish Recover Balm SPF 28 and Liole - Beyond The Solution, I like this much more because I feel like I got more immediate results from wearing this for about a week and the samples for this were MUCH more generous so I got a clearer picture of how it works. This smoothed on easier, and was also water resistant (could even apply it to a moist face - the others would not blend in while semi wet and generally didn't feel as good going on).

This brought pimples that were under the surface of my skin up and out really fast and seemed to heal them and diminish them immediately and left over acne marks literally started to fade within the first two days!

I DID NOT BUY THIS TO USE AS A FOUNDATION!!! It makes an INCREDIBLE PORELESS PRIMER under my foundation and makeup. I don't consider this makeup/foundation at all, and since I am black/mixed, I certainly would NOT wear this as foundation. BUT, since I am not that dark (a true nc42/43 - C5/6 - not a sun-tanned girl...) and this blends in more like a lotion rather than sitting on top of skin like makeup and doesn't make me super pale, it actually works fine without any major issues. Under makeup, this makes my face look BRIGHTER, not LIGHTER!

Other ethnic girls who are up to deep tan/light brown should try it UNDER their makeup as healthy skin primer and Asian companies should probably start making these good BB's in darker and yellow based colors because the American versions SUCK and I know some Asian girls who are naturally darker than I am...just saying...

My foundation wears over it beautifully while looking more glowy than usual and I use far less foundation with it than without which is awesome! It makes me look flawless and extends the wear of my makeup while improving my skin and evening my skin tone... I don't think I could ask for anything more.

I will update if anything changes, but I just ordered a full bottle of the authentic stuff, so, for now, I am hooked! HG Primer+ continued >>

on 4/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll not bore you with the details of what is obviously a rave review for a HG product - others have stated the positives and done so more than adequately. The only thing I regret about this product is that I didn't find it 10 years and $1000's ago. To be considered HG for me, foundations have to have the following qualities:

1) Sink in and match my skintone exactly, to the point where it is virtually undetectable up-close
2) Leave a slightly dewy finish and not look too matte
3) Contain an SPF - but not feel uncomfortable or heavy
4) Even out my skintone and light sun damage without looking like I blotted out every flaw on my face with the facial equivalent of White Out.
5) Wear for at least an 8 hour workday without leaving me either cakey or flakey.

This product matches all the above criteria, so 5 well-deserved lippies from me! I will positively EXPIRE if they ever discontinue this stuff.

on 7/9/2010 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe I never reviewed this as I love it so much.

Price: $8-$15, depends on who/where you buy it from; got mine from Ebay.

Color: I'm about NC30-NC35, this BB cream look too light for me, but give it time to settle down, it blends perfectly to my skin color.

I started using this in January 2010. And some time around Feb., I noticed that some of my acne scars disappeared, then starting April, I ONLY used this BB cream, no other powder/foundation. (Before this, I always wore the BB cream under my foundation (Revlon PR), for extra coverage.) Other than the acne scars disappearing, I don't notice any other changes it made to my face, though I have gotten compliments that my skin looks smooth when I wore only this BBcream.

I've been using this roughly around 5 months, (went on a one month vacation and forgot to pack this along). And I'm not sure how much product is left, but it last a pretty good amount of time so far.

Will repurchase.

~~~EDIT: 08/11/10~~~
I notice that this really makes my pores disappear!! so I apply it on my nose going out towards my cheeks where I mostly had blackheads, and it's awesome!! Really makes the area look smooth.

NOTE: By the way, there's also a gold version of this. I tried both, and the gold version broke me out, I did some more research and it says that this pink label one is for oily skin, which is the kind of skin I have.

on 2/29/2012 11:10:00 PM

Second Edit: It's been over 2 months, my hyper pigmentation is pretty much gone! My chin looks like I never had acne. I have friends and family using this product now. Now that its warmer out I spray tan, and since this BB is so light, to make my skin match, I bought a bare minerals foundation kit in a darker color. I really did not want to go back to regular foundation in the summer so this is a great option if you have the same issue. It still looks great and the powder foundation replaces my setting powder step. I rarely break out now, and when I do get an occasional pimple (that time of the month) it goes away quickly without leaving a scar. I started using the Vip Gold just for the heck of it and its pretty much the same except more moisturizing Sorry for the essay!
---
Edit: It has been 3 weeks since my first review. The BB Cream has replaced my moisturizer, concealer, foundation, and Clinique Even Better Serum. The coverage is buildable and very natural. Its important to let it oxidize before setting it with powder, or else you will be left with a greyish cast. I have not broken out from this product. I have a few pimples here and there, but that it because I am acne prone. This product has actually improved my acne because my skin is not being smothered under layers of creams/make up. The pimples are less irritated and go away faster. My skin has also evened out a lot. It used to be splotchy and red, and now looks like porcelin with out any product on in. My hyper pigmentation scars have lightened significantly and in less time than my Even Better Serum. The product stays all day long (I'm a waitress and it can get hot at work and my makeup is usually non existent at the end of the day. Not the case with this stuff, it looked fresh and dewy all day. It is important to apply a little and then go over spots that need more coverage with little dabs here and there. It can end up looking "funky" if you put too much on, so less is more. I must note that I have been using The Body Shop's Blemish Fade Night Lotion with this product, however I used this product before when I was using foundation and did not see the same results, it is definatley the BB Cream that has evened out my skin. Getting ready now is a breeze, my routine was so much longer because I had to cover up so many imperfections. I really cannot describe how much I love this product, I wish I had found it sooner.
---
Original Review: This product exceeded my expectations. The coverage is great (I have some dark hyper pigmentation on my cheeks and chin and a few angry red blemishes) This product covered them well. The tube is 40 grams (1.4 ounces) and I only needed a small amount to cover my entire face. The cream is very easy to blend and matched my skin perfectly to my skin (NW 25) and my moms (NW 20). If an area needs more coverage, you can dab more BB Cream on the area without the spot becoming cakey or sticky. I let the product set on my face for 5 minutes and was amazed at the transformation. I've never had such natural looking coverage from any makeup. The finish was slightly matte, which I like and can easily be fixed with some blush and a dab of highlighter. My skin looked flawless and did not look unnatural with flash photography. I set the BB Cream with some light translucent powder (Loreal Translucide) just so I could blend my blush (Nars Super Orgasm) better and because it is a personal preference, but I really did not need to.

The product felt extremely light on my face and smooth to the touch, I was not left with a sticky residue on my finger like other foundations. I did not feel like I was wearing a mask, which is the experience I've had with other foundations (from drugstore brands to high end). The wear seems to be long lasting, however the true test will be in the summer when my skin becomes slicker. My usual coverage routine is Moisturizer + Concealer + Foundation (which takes forever so spackle on my face with a brush to get even coverage)+ Finishing Powder, now my routine is BB Cream + Dabs of finishing powder on the oily spots. It has drastically cut down on my getting ready time.

As for the other properties of improving the skin and lightening scarring, I will update after I have been using the product longer. I ordered from Seoul Glamour on Amazon and it took only 6 days to deliver (from South Korea!!). The product is genuine and cost 9.99. I will be ordering a second tube for my mom.

on 6/12/2012 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I was a BB cream junkie. At one point of time I had 10 different BB creams of different brands as I believe in just slapping on one product onto my face instead of layering and layering (i.e. toner, moisturiser, serum, sunscreen, etc.) so much crap atop my skin.

I gave in to the hype and bought Skin79's pink label a few months back at a local drugstore. Actually I would consider myself quite thrifty.. I normally wouldn't bat an eyelid at such an expensive product (SGD35-ish) when I can get a high-street product at around the same price range. But the pump bottle is cute.. And it is pink... So......

Anyway I LOVE THIS BB CREAM!!!!!! It is now my HG bb cream and I have dumped out all other nonsense that is undeserving of my loyalty.

This bb cream is thick yet blends very well on my skin. I just use my fingers. No fuss. It leaves a dewy finish yet it does not look oily. The grey/white cast that is associated with bb creams? What grey/white cast? I haven't noticed any. I lightly dust over my finishing powder and I'm good to go.

It claims it is whitening/brightening.. Well that is true I guess? Since it has SPF34++? My face loves this shit. My skin looks like a baby's butt. My face has never been in a better condition. Flawwwwless.

Fyi I am NC35 just for reference. Also I have moderately oily skin.

Hope this helps.

For reference, my skin is combination due to my oily nose, which has sometimes dry patches (weird, I know) and I'm nc 30-35 in mac.

The packaging of this bb cream is really cute and it's very easy to use since it comes with a pump. It smells like sunscreen and it has a grayish color, perfect for pale people with cool undertones. Its texture it's like a cream, very thick. It gives a light-medium coverage and it has a dewy finish.

At first I loved this bb cream. Although it has never matched my skin tone, but I didn't care too much about that, because I used some of my mineral foundation to darken it. But after a few months of usage, I was getting lots of blackheads, whiteheads and a few pimples, especially on my nose. It also made my dry patches and my pores more visible. Then I decided to investigate about this product and its ingredients...and I found out that it has isopropyl palmitate in a huge quantity. For those who don't know what isopropyl palmitate is, well, it's a moisturizing ingredient that is very known because it can cause acne. You can also find it in many other beauty products.

Overall, I give it 2 lippies, because the only good thing that it has is a nice packaging. I wouldn't repurchase it, I don't need more blackheads on my skin lol.

P.S: Sorry if you can't understand some of the things I say, English isn't my first language and I made a huge effort writing this.

on 11/30/2012 8:24:00 PM

I was hopeful but this product gave me the worst breakout of my life. And that's saying a lot. I had a cyst so large and painful I had to go to the derm to get a cortisone shot. I have never had to do that before and I've suffered horrible cystic acne all my life. Add to that it was grey on my skin. Just a big disaster for me. (I tried the Gold as well and the same thing happened. Yes, I am that stupid.)

on 10/3/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think BB creams are too overhyped. I purchased this via skin79northamerica.com so I know it is real. I have oily skin and every time I apply it on my face, my skin suddenly become become creasy - I feel that it blocks my pores because of oil control. I have to use moisturizer before applying BB cream because it doesn't moisturize. I'm pale and the color doesn't match my skin tone. The color is excellent for people with medium to deep warm skin tone.

The website emphasizes that this BB cream's main ingredients are made of plant extracts and natural oil but if you actually read its ingredients. You will see a bunch of fillers such as silicones, preservations and more in the beginning of ingredients which they are the MAIN. The extracts from plants listed on the last of the ingredients which it means only in very small amounts - they are not the main ingredients!

You're better off with your own moisturizer with antioxidants, mineral sunscreen and mineral foundation - it has better benefits than BB creams.