CHANEL Glossimer - Pink Teaser 142

CHANEL Glossimer - Pink Teaser 142

on 7/8/2010 9:11:00 PM

This is easily my favorite lip gloss of all time. It is a Chanel Glossimer lip gloss that came out with Chanel Fall 2010. It's a deep pink color, that looks to be a mix between fuschia and rose in the tube. On the lips it is more sheer than it is in the tube (though it can be layered heavily to get more true to color) and it gives just enough color to my already pigmented lips. There's gold shimmer/glitter in the gloss but it isn't gritty at all. I can't feel any grit on my lips whatsoever. The shimmer looks absolutely gorgeous and gives that wet/glossy look without overtly showing the glitter. It applies easily and is not sticky. The lasting power is so-so, but I don't mind reapplying throughout the day.

For reference, I am a neutral-to-warm skin tone. I wear the shade Stromboli in NARS Sheer Glow, which I'm told is somewhere in the neighborhood of NC30-35. I don't think that this gloss only looks good on warm skin tones, I think it'd suit cool ones as well. I'm not sure if this is limited edition or not, but if it is, I would definitely get a back up.

on 7/9/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Glossimer and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice of colors. Really lovely warm, vibrant pink with golden shimmer. I typically prefer a tackier, thicker gloss (Bobbi Brown and Lip Glass) but the texture of the Glossimer isn't too thin and seems to do a decent job of staying put.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Wow! my new Holy Grail lipgloss! for all time! it gives such a beautiful soft pout of glow with such a perfect color of berry to your lips, such elegance! never have a found the perfect color for my pigmented lips! love love love!

on 7/16/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to be a strictly lipstick girl. I disliked the thick, sticky texture that is the signature of most glosses and felt so sophisticated and worldly using lipstick since the young age of 15.

Enter Chanel Glossimers. This was my first one and I never had a shade quite like this. I agree with the other reviewer who said this is a combo between rose & fuschia. I see more pink & fuschia and the color just brightens up my lips so well I don't need to use any eye makeup whilst wearing this Glossimer because I feel like my face needs nothing else! It stays on pretty well and the texture is more creamy than glossy. A slight gripe I have is that there is a lot of glossimer stuck onto the wand applicator (besides just the doe foot) but really, that's nothing to complain about.

I admit, I was a little nervous purchasing this because it didn't look like much at my Macy's counter but I had seen Temptalia's lovely swatches and her good review made me take the plunge. Well, in natural lighting (and in white fluorescent lighting), this looks AMAZING. I can't help but tell everyone that I'm wearing Chanel's Pink Teaser Glossimer whenever I have this on! I MUST share the love!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Please click continued for pics of the product and swatch on arm.

I would probably not call this something warm. To me, it looks like vivid mid toned rosy pink. With tonnes of golden and pink shimmers. If you look closely, you can surely see the pink shimmers. This has more golden shimmers to me, at least when compared to Venus glossimer.

Despite loaded with tonnes of shimmers, the texture is still very comfrtable to wear without the horrible gritty feeling. Smooth gel-like without scent that glides on easily. Staying power is good and goes on quite sheerly, as you can see from my lip swatch. Anyway, it can be layered easily to obtain the shade as in the tube though imho, lips will be too shiny. I guess I like this sheerly - such a pretty colour! :)

Not too much to comment on the packaging as well - standard classy/ boring Chanel packaging (I'd say classy lol). Not a big fan of the doe foot applicator as most of the time it's loaded with too much lip gloss.

I bought this solely because it looks the same as my beloved LE glossimer (Ultrarose) except this is a shade deeper (and more pinkish on lips) and has pink shimmers instead of gold only. Will certainly repurchase and thank God this isn't a LE, as confirmed by a local SA, though she warned me that it may be OOS.

continued >>

on 8/11/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This shade is out with Chanel's Fall 2010 collection. This has only been out at my local counter for 3 days and most of the collection is sold out, I was lucky enough to get the very last one of these. When I saw previews online I was worried that this would be too similar to Venus which I own. However, it is not; Venus and Pink Teaser are both Brilliant Extremes but Venus is much more shimmery and more fuschia. Pink Teaser is more of a deeper mauvey-rose with gold shimmers. As with most Glossimers the texture is gel-like and very comfortable on the lips. It makes my lips plump and moisturized and is not gritty at all. I have never been a huge fan of lip glosses but the moment I bought Venus I knew this was trouble lol. The SA at my counter told me this was a permanent addition to the Glossimer line. This is $31CAN.

on 8/20/2010 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous color!!!

My lips are not particularly pigmented and this one shows up as a brilliant vivid pink with peach undertones. It is full of golden shimmer, which is quite visible. It is strange that on others it applies as a cool pink. Under warm light it seems more peach on me. Anyway, I love it because it's a gorgeous color and extraordinary for fall. Another plus is that it is not sheer. I am happy to hear that it's a permanent shade!

on 9/21/2010 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I love this gloss to the moon and back. I already owned a Chanel Glossimer (in Gazelle, FYI) and while I found the color a bit too light for my tastes, I absolutely appreciated the consistency and how well the gloss stays put for hours, so I was curious to splurge on another color of the same product.
Well, this pink is just PERFECT for my lips, leaving enough color to make my face glow. Plus, the orange-golden shimmer, it's fantastic without being too dramatic.
Definitely worth every cent.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Another winner from Chanel. Pink Teaser is a beautiful mauvey/rose color that looks stunning on my pale cool skin. Worth every buck, and as with all Chanel's glosses quality is amazing. Currently my favorite next to Imaginaire and Meteore. Today I went back to the Chanel counter to pick up another Pink Teaser gloss, and unfortunately I was told it was LE or discontinued, I was not told the last time I visited the counter, if I knew I would of bought a back up, its a shame becuause it is a lovely shade, but I must say that it is not a shade of pink that is unique, I have seen many glosses from other brands that are almost identical to this shade of pink.

Popular Lip Glosses