Maybelline Eyestudio quad - Copper Chic

Eyestudio quad - Copper Chic

4.1

on 12/5/2016 2:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This quad is PERFECT for gray and green eyes. Especially the pink shade - I wish I could just buy that on its own. I randomly picked it out when travelling, and was really impressed.

The texture is soft, the colours are very shimmery, and tend to kind of blend together on the lid. I don't go for a super defined look, so it worked for me.

The downside - I wear contacts, and found that the fallout liked to hang out and swim on my lenses. I have had to stop and clean my lenses during a night out, such a pain.

The packaging is ugly and annoying. There is too much of the white shade, which I barely used. I don't want shimmery white as a base shade all over, so tacky. Just give me the pink and copper!

I hit pan on the pink and darkest shade, and then dropped it and the shadows all shattered. I'm debating whether I should rebuy, or start building a MAC palette.

on 8/27/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I love the texture of these eyeshadows. They are so creamy and soft and just perfect! The formula has pretty good staying power, which is ideal for gymnastics. Everyone on our team had to get this for gymnastics, and it lasts all day! The colours in this quad are all gorgeous, but I wish that there was a matte shade for a contour colour. I experienced fallout when applying, but I still use this because I love the texture!

on 4/25/2015 5:20:00 PM

Pigmentation is really great but it is really shimmery. Overall I think it's really great and I don't have any complaints about it

I loved this product so much I went nuts and stocked up on them. I mean REALLY stocked up! I got so many color palettes (different ones, as I came across them: Desert Fantasy, Autumn Dream, Copper Chic, Nude Romance, Electric Emerald, Violet Volt, etc., etc.) so that I don't run out. If I live to be 100, I don't think I'll run out. These colors are so pretty, can be applied wet or dry (I prefer wet), and are a steal if you find them on sale, which I did.

I don't use a special eyelid primer, even though I have several in my makeup bag. When applied wet, these colors STAY PUT. They even come with their own liner shades, but sometimes I use the lighter liner shades as eye shadow, and then apply a black or brown liquid liner over them.

The pigments are soft and buttery, they don't glaze over if you wet them (in other words, they don't get ruined), and I don't find any fallout or fading as the day goes on. You can mix colors from several palettes, since they complement each other nicely. You can find these palettes in earth tones (my favorite) and jewel colors, and the packaging couldn't be simpler or more user-friendly. A definite winner in the eye products department!

I use this everyday...its perfect...nothin bad to say about it....except for the applicator sux

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is literally the only eyeshadows I use. I have dark brown eyes and the rose gold shadow makes my eyes bright. I love using the shimmery pale pink on my brow line to exentuate them. You won't regret buying this for any eye color. You can make smokeys to a simple swipe to make your eyes brighter

I love how pigmented this quad i but that being said for some reason my eyelids hate this products, they ITCH so bad. I am not going to give up though, I plan on trying a thick primer to see if that helps at all because I truly am in love with these colors.

I found this too shimmery but other than the the colors are get and very pigmented. I recently dropped it on the ground and the shimmer white crack so I will be repurchasing it, it's one of those you should have in case you want shimmer.

OMG what is this stuff made of? My lordy I don't have sensitive skin when it comes to make up but the first time I tried this on by the end of the day I noticed my lids getting really itchy and I developed some kind of eczema on my eyes and had go eyeshadowless for a couple of days and apply eczema moisturising cream. I have NEVER had this issue with any other facial makeup so there is something dodgy about it. So I decided to try it again today (2 weeks later as eyes where fine and thought I must have just had an off day) and again same thing. I used mac usually and never have any issues. Have used pretty much every brand over the years and I tell you there is something lethal in this product.

On another note, in terms of colour, it doesn't last long. I found it looked nice for a couple of hours and then just kind of faded. Again never have this issue with mac as stays on all day. Most brands do. I say, pay more, as sometimes you get what you pay for.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

For a drugstore eye shadow, this exceeded expectations. Pigmented, not chalky, and buttery texture. Not bad for anyone on a budget. It's dirt cheap. The color choices are very pretty.
Downsides:
- way too sparkly. no matte shades to lay down first.
- fades after slight touch or 4 hours, even with primer.
- hate the cheap packaging with no mirror and foam applicator.

It's really not bad, but don't expect novels to be written about it. If you invest 50 bucks into a Naked palette (5 times the price) you get way more shadows at much better quality.

Popular Eye Shadows