MAC Haute & Naughty Lash

MAC Haute & Naughty Lash
Haute & Naughty LashHaute & Naughty LashHaute & Naughty LashHaute & Naughty LashHaute & Naughty Lash

3.8

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara for roughly 5 years. It really gives you bold, beautiful lashes. I love the bigger brush, it really lengthens and thickens your lashes. I have found however, that this product dries out very quickly. I actually never really realized it until reading reviews of other mascaras- I though all mascaras dried out quickly but clearly that's not the case. I feel that for the price and given how quickly it dries out, it's not worth it. I'll rather spend the same amount of money or slightly more for a mascara that will last longer.

on 7/26/2017 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not worth the money. The small wand does not add anything. The big one clumps. One of the most unuseful mascara's I had (and I tried many).

on 5/5/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

The long wand is good for a natural everyday look. Tge short wand is messy and clumpy. It also smudges bad. All in all, an average product. There are better mascaras on the market.

on 4/21/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am mascara obsessed and was thrilled with the look when I first used this. I loved the way this mascara performed. Since my usual mascara was Bobbi Brown and > $30 I was okay with the lower price of this one. My biggest issue with this mascara is longevity. My Bobbi mascara lasts over 3 months and this MAC one is decreasing in performance without even reaching 2 months. I've repurchased and will continue to use for now because my lashes look so good. I do my top lashes with the purple and bottom with the pink.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first purchased this product from MAC 2 years ago and tried it, my first thought was the same as another reviewer: "Wow! This is what I look like with lashes!" After years of using mostly DS mascaras, mostly of the L'Oreal line, I found this mascara made a huge difference for me. That said, let me go into some detail.

This product is great, absolutely awesome, fresh out of the box. The older it gets, the dryer it gets, the less enthusiastic I am. Once it starts drying, it becomes clumpy and does not go on smoothly. I find the best window of use is about 3-4 months post box opening. This product comes with 2 separate wands. I use the top-most wand to apply my first coat, mostly to define and separate the lashes before applying a heavier coat. I allow this base coat to completely dry before the top one.

I love this mascara because I have medium length, but very thin lashes that are hard to give volume to. Mostly, I have tried mascaras that have a wand with tight bristles because this prevents my lashes from sticking together. This mascara adds both volume and length. If fresh, it goes on smoothly, no clumps, and no flaking. HOWEVER, I do find that this mascara does rub off or transfer onto my skin where the lashes touche, IF I become oily in that area as the day goes by. I try to blot under my eyes a few times a day to prevent this from happening.

I have not tried a heap load of mascaras, so this may not be the best choice out there. But, so far, it has been the product to give me the best results.

BTW, my go-to daily mascaras have been L'Oreal Voluminous (original) and Covergirl Lash Blast.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used.
I love MAC & use their foundation, concealer, powders, blushes, shadows.....but this 🙈

Firstly the pink brush does work well but when I used the purple brush .... it was awful. It picks up way too much product & even removing the excess & applying it causes my lashes to clump I am lucky to have long black lashes but this just made them look ridiculous!
It also flakes badly. Smudges under my eyes even when I set everything! The sales woman who advised me to get this insisted it was waterproof - its not!

It dried out within 3 weeks (I do not 'pump' mascara so this is not what caused it). For anow expensive mascara I am so disappointed & it went in the bin.

Stay away & dont waste your money.

on 2/12/2017 8:56:00 AM

How could i live without this mascara before???!!! This mascara does amazing job and totally worth of every $ spent on it. The application is super smooth and fast and easy. It literally takes a few seconds to apply and you get extreme lenght volume abd separation. In case if you still want to separate ur lashes even more you can easily do that with the second brush which comes with the mascara. Totally recommend it to all who has high expectations and desire to have perfect lashes!! The best product i've ever used!

on 2/2/2017 5:04:00 PM

Quite possibly the worst mascara I've ever bought. It has lasted about 6 weeks, and has already dried up. It was OK during the first couple of weeks, but as time went on, it went clumpy and dry and added very little length and curl to my lashes. The product is way too dry, the consistency is truly awful. It needs some oil element as it is very cakey...

I will not buy this product again. There are much cheaper better brands about.

I have to say that when I bought the product the sales assistant did not point out the dual aspect of this mascara.. I have to say, it makes no difference, since the brush is exactly the same, but the wand is skinnier.. I truly can't see what difference a skinnier wand makes?!

I hate leaving negative reviews but I felt totally disappointed by this product, so felt I had to.

on 1/22/2017 6:22:00 PM

This is ok. I have very short lashes so I'm always on the look out for an amazing mascara that lengthens for an everyday look. I feel I get drugstore quality lashes with this. Not worth the cost the I can get one for $8 that'll do the same.

I'll use the pink wand for a natural "no makeup" look day because barely any mascara comes out. Otherwise I don't often use the larger purple because it distributes way too much mascara and lashes become clumpy fast.

on 6/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The purple brush does okay at giving my lashes some volume and length but the pink brush is worthless and it's too big! Used together these brushes clumped the sh*t out of my lashes and didn't give them much definition. The lasting power is about the same as my other mascaras. I didn't see any smudging or flaking and my lashes remained soft, not crunchy. Overall, I don't really care for this mascara and hoped it would have done a better job.