MAC Haute & Naughty Lash

MAC Haute & Naughty Lash

3.8

on 6/14/2016 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The purple brush does okay at giving my lashes some volume and length but the pink brush is worthless and it's too big! Used together these brushes clumped the sh*t out of my lashes and didn't give them much definition. The lasting power is about the same as my other mascaras. I didn't see any smudging or flaking and my lashes remained soft, not crunchy. Overall, I don't really care for this mascara and hoped it would have done a better job.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

(My review is for the non-waterproof formula in Black.)

I bought this for the packaging. I was cat-sitting, saw it on a dresser, and instantly wanted it on my dresser too.

My lashes are naturally long, black, and fairly full, so I apply mascara conservatively; that may be why I don't have the smudging problem other reviewers describe. What I do get is a definite increase in volume, really nice separation, and even a slight curl. Furthermore, Haute & Naughty Lash is the least stinky mascara I've ever used.

To Read all 184 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/17/2016 12:41:00 AM

I'm shocked that this mascara doesn't receive five lipsticks across the board. It is the only mascara that makes me look like I actually have lashes. My eyelashes have become very sparse and they are straight so they are difficult to curl. Most mascaras don't do much for my lashes and are a waste of money but not this one. The Haute & Naughty Waterproof mascara (be sure to get the waterproof) is the best I've ever used. It not only separates my lashes but actually makes them appear thicker, curls them upwards and really empahasizes my eyes. It can clump if you aren't careful when applying but that doesn't happen very often.

If you have sparse lashes, lashes that need curling or volume then this is the mascara for you. I used to love DiorShow but this is much better.

on 12/6/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a review of the Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash, the one with the purple cap, not the pink.

I have mixed feelings about this mascara because it's good but can irritate my eyes.

It's intensely black, it lasts and it doesn't smear or flake and I absolutely love the double wand. The longer slimmer one is perfect for defining and combing through the lashes, giving a very natural finish for everyday use, and you can use it quickly without fear of messing it up because it doesn't clamp.

If you want a more intense look, you have to use the shorter bigger wand after the long slim one, in order to get the volume you want. Use both wands, because the big one alone might easily result in clamps. Use the big one alone only if you go after a grunge eye look with clampy lashes.

If you want an intense look with minimal effort, don't go for this. If you don't mind layering, it gives good results.

However, I would strongly recommend to test removing it from your eyes before you buy it. I don't know what it is about the formula, but you have to be very very careful for it not to get in your eyes during make up removal. And if it gets in them, it's going to hurt less or more, depending on the amount. If it's a small amount you get away with a little redness in the eye that goes away quickly, but if it's a lot, it hurts like a bitch. The one time I was careless because I was tired, my whole eye started itching and burning and I needed someone else to help me remove the flaky pieces from my eye with clean fingers, because neither water nor contact solution could remove them. These products are supposed to be ophthalmologically tested, aren't they? I never had a problem like this with any other mascara, and no other mascara could slip in the eyes during removal so easily.

As a result, I use only the slimmer wand now, so that only a small amount of product goes on my lashes in the first place and I am extremely careful during make up removal. I won't repurchase becuse of that reason.

on 12/5/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have the brown mascara and it's amazing, I love it. It's very comfortable on my eyes, creating a nice volume yet not being so heavy on the eyes. It also washes off very easily and to me it's a great mascara for every day.

UPDATE: It started to smudge like crazy on me. I love that it's brown and that it doesn't flake, but I recently bought Extended Play Gigablack Lash (also by mac) and it performs way better and doesn't smudge.

At first this mascara was great. It worked exactly as advertised. However, after a month, it was so clumpy that the bristles of the brush were plastered flat to the stem and was completely unusable. This was the waterproof version. I won't be buying this again.

on 6/28/2015 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My Favorite mascara BUT.. no matter what I do it gives me raccoon eyes :/. I've tried all the suggestion from setting powder, primer,paint pots but still get mascara under my eyes applying on top lashes only. BOO! but that is the only negative .

on 5/13/2015 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

In my experience, mascara is like pizza--even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. I think this applies to my experience with this mascara. I originally wanted this product with the double brushes since I like the thickness and volume of a clumpy look, without the actual clumps and spidery look. My lashes are naturally long and curly, but are thin, far-between and blonde (which means I usually end up with the weird spidery look). With this brush I was hoping to keep the length and add volume and thickness, however I noticed that when I use the thicker brush in this product I end up with the opposite of what I wanted: my lashes clump together into about 5 or 6 really thick lashes that look spidery and weird. I end up usually using a very small brow comb and running it through my lashes in the hopes of scraping off the extra product that is making them clump together. :-I Usually I end up only using the thinner brush on this product to avoid the clumping, which gives me a much thinner and less intense look than I want. This may even be a problem with how I apply the product, but I'm thinking maybe I just need a different brush or a mascara with a different consistency. Besides these things, I think this mascara is overall satisfactory with good pigment that lasts throughout the day. Removing it is usually not a hassle. However it does irritate my eyes, itch frequently, and occasionally cause breakage to my eyelashes which is a bummer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have long lashes and my biggest problem with all the mascaras was that they would make my lashes spidery.This one seperates them perfectly.Lashes are seperated,black,long and volumised.But this mascara only flaw is water resistancy.If it's raining and one drop of it falls on your face,mascara is all over brow bone and under the eye.I understand this is not a waterproof formula but come on,a drop of sweat smears it completelly.I never experienced that with any mascara.If you live in humid climate I really do not recommend this.

on 2/28/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only got this mascara as the local MAC shop did not have the usual MAC mascara i usually get - Extreme Dimension.

PROS
- pink tip for more natural lashes and great for lower lashes

CONS
- hard to separate lashes when apply with the purple tip, clumps them together, when you try to separate them it just adds more product to the lashes and takes away the length
- doesn't give much length or volume - ok amount of thickness
- takes away the length when i reapply more product

I am happy with MAC Extreme Dimension mascara and don't see the point in me buying another MAC priced mascara with an average outcome. Just meh...