Vita Liberata - Silken Chocolate Tinted Face Tan Gel

No Image

4.3

on 6/11/2011 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I normally use Fake Bake but I got this on sale in Debenhams in a box set with the polish and 24carat tinted lotion and a mitt.

Colourwise this is pretty good, it doesnt go orange, its golden but i dont look like i have been tangoed. I have no smell whatsoever when using it and have no heavy feeling.

The product itself smells fresh, a little of cucumber i think but it fades within minutes of putting it on. The lasting power is pretty good. I moisturise everyday and mine stayed about 5 days before i felt i wanted to re do it, it could have possibly lasted a bit longer but i have to be fully covered up at work because of my tattoos so i beleive my black tights to be the culprit of excessive rubbing thus buffing some of it off during the day.

Overall if it was on sale again i would but if i couldnt get my hands on my normal stuff. overall very happy with the results.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the old formula. I have fair-medium skin with yellow undertones and this self tanner gives me a golden/olive tan without any streaks. I use a tanning mitt to apply because it's hard to wash of your hands. Make sure to blend at your hands, feet and knees, I always use a baby wipe afterwards and quickly go over those spots so that I don't get any stains. This does not have that nasty self tanner smell, it barely smells of anything maybe a bit like salad/cucumber but that's it. It also claims to last 7days but I find this not true, it will last about 3/4 days on me. The only negative is that it stains everything like crazy! The sheets, sleepwear, underwear it turns everything brown, it's easy to wash out but it does not look that good if your bed is full with brown stains. ;-)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am one of those people who are naturally quite tan (NC37-40) but love to be slightly darker. I've been looking for my HG self tanner for years, I've tried everything from gradual tanners to St Tropez to Sunlabs. None of them have been that good. This one, however, is definately the closest I've found to HG.

"Rich Silken Chocolate has a sheer matte tint for instant colour. Within 3 to 4 hours your tan will develop underneath leaving you golden brown and gorgeous for up to 7 days. Infused with silk and nourishing extracts. Rich Silken Chocolate softens skin for a truly streak-free tan. It is totally odour-free and dries in moments."

First of all, I think the claims happen to be very true.

- It does leave a tint. It's similar in colour to the SunLabs tint, but more of a rich dark chocolate colour instead of just a muddy brown. It dries quickly.

- The tan has fully developed within 3 hours. I personally leave it on for about 6 or 7 hours though, just to be sure. It gives a brown tint upon application so you can see where you've put it.

- The colour it gives me is SUPER natural and great for my natural skintone. It's a nice brown with redness yellowness to it, just pure golden brown. It's pretty dark...gives me a darker tan than my SunLabs tanner. If I put too much on though ie apply it for 2 or 3 days in a row, I start looking orange though.

- It's moisturizing on my skin and does not leave me feeling dry at all.

- Easy to apply...it doesn't streak and the formula is quite thick so it doesn't make a mess and drip everywhere. I apply with a mitt and it gives me seamless results.

- There is NO smell whatsoever. A lot of tanners claim to be ordour free (and are at first), but after several hours they start to stink. This one doesn't. Honestly. There is literally NO scent...no perfume, no nothing.

Now for the bad points. It is kinda pricey....22 for 200ML. But I usually get a discount because my friend works in Boots so I only pay around 13. But if I had to pay regular price it would be a bit disheartening. Also, the lasting power isn't that good. I have to reapply every 2-3 days, which is quite ridiculous. Defiantely doesn't last the 7 days it claims to.

Overall I really like this. I'd definately recommend it if you're looking for a natural brown looking tan.