BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

I thought this was too expensive fro what it did for me. It does make my skin smooth, but it´s not good enough for me to buy it again.

I am in love with this product!! It is my HG primer. I am very oily. Many people say that but trust me, I feel like I can scrape the oil off my face and fuel my car with it sometimes. I usually have to blot multiple times a day. I got this as a sample from a friend (bless her heart) because she didn't like it. It was too thick and she didn't like the feeling of it but she isn't oily. If you are, try this!! I used my sample and bought the full size a few days ago. I wear this to work and only have to blot once. ONCE. If you are oily, you know how good that is. And I am on my feet all day at work because I'm in retail so it's not like I'm sitting at a desk and this keeps me matte. This works while I'm running around and sweating. Love it and will continue to buy this as long as they make it.
For the record, I have tried:
*Bare Minerals Original Primer (the one that comes with the pump) and it did nothing for me
*Bare Minerals Blemish Primer (not sure that's exactly what it's called but it's in a black tube) and that seems to make me more oily
*Merle Norman Primer also seemed to make me more oily. I ended up using it as an eye primer to use it up
*Maybelline Baby Pores which I've heard is supposed to be a dupe for this and it is not even close. It worked ok in terms of keeping me matte but I still had to blot more often than with the Porefessional
*L'Oréal Photo Ready Primer (the pink one) and for a while, it was my favorite primer. My makeup went on nicely over it but it didn't keep me as matte
*Rimmel Stay Matte Primer also didn't keep me matte at all and seemed to pill when I tried to apply my makeup over it
*Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer for oily skin seemed to make me more oily

Those are all that I can remember for right now. But you can see that I am no stranger to primers and have tried many. This one is it for me.

on 5/26/2017 7:22:00 AM

I received a tiny sample from a friend long long time ago and left it sit on my vanity for a long long time.

I have visible pores, oily-combo skin, my nose is the most problematic area of the face, that's where I get most oily on. I've tried many many mattifying primers, but nothing will keep the sebum at bay...nothing will win against nature.

So one fine day I decided to give this a try, without having any expectations, because...let's be real...you can't "erase" your pores with a face primer (lasers will). So, in my honest opinion, this primer is effective in terms of longevity of the foundation, after blotting my face everything is still there, no need for touch ups.

I will admit that it does diminish the depth and the visibility of the pores, but they are not gone, they are there, they are staying, they are just behaving.

on 5/24/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my very first primer that I bought after much research, and I'm happy with the effect - it seems dry and chalky (good for my skin type) and it does minimize my pores instantly after I used my eco-tools blending brush to even out the product on my cheeks. I'm also pleased that I didn't break out with constant usage.

A plus point is that the smell is pleasant! I love it.

I wouldn't repurchase just because I want to explore other primers that can be a bit more affordable and that can do the same job as this. However, I'd recommend this to all first-time makeup users so they can experience how a good primer is like.

on 5/22/2017 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I don't get what the fuss is about. This is an okay primer but doesn't seem to minimize my pores at all. It has a silky, silicone feel, which might irritate some skin and which can be a problem for some foundations that will ball up. Mediocre.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried many "poreless" primers (5 Second miracle blur, Wet n Wild photofocus, Elf Poreless, Revlon miracle primer). So far this is my favorite! My pores disappear and my foundation does not sink into my pores. Towards the end of the day, my skin is a little oily - as with every single primer I've used. I spray a setting spray over the primer to set it. Then spray setting spray over my makeup.

This product gets such good reviews I was sure I must be missing something as it was a complete disappointment!

My skin didn't react in any way, it went on nicely and was easy to work with, but a few hours later I was back to the drawing board.

A very mediocre product in my view...I have oily skin and visible pores so I thought this would nail it, but for me, it just didn't work.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It does exactly what it says it will do - makes your pores disappear. I love this stuff. I think it's benefits biggest hit. Feels light, works well under makeup and lasts all day. Game changer

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one. It really does make my face oil-free the whole day! I only use spf and this primer without any powder on and my face is matte all dayyy only tiny bit shiny around the nose. It also blur my pore. It's a super good product. The only thing that bother me is the price. But you get what you pay right.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I made the mistake of buying this with dry and sensitive skin. It makes my skin super itchy and dry and often comes back off when I smooth it into my skin. It doesn't reduce the appearance of pores at all! Weirdly the NYX pore filler works fine with my skin type and I prefer the look of it overall so if you have dry or sensitive skin go for the NYX primer!

Popular Primer/ Correctors