BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 2/26/2017 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros: I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. This did not irritate or break me out.

Cons: However, it did nothing to minimize my pores or reduce oiliness. My t-zone was more oily than usual after using this product.

on 2/24/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have gotten many samples of this from sephora including a large tube and it's just too greasy for me. Doesn't help minimize the look of my large pores very much (if at all) and my makeup slides right off when I use this. I also don't like the scent. I have found that clinique pore refining solutions serum works much better than this if you have oily skin and want something to help the appearance of pores (temporarily) plus is good for your skin.

on 2/19/2017 1:45:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing at all to my pores and didn't keep my make up on any longer than it lasts without it. I ended up throwing it away

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this product because it makes my foundation go on so much more smoothly and evenly! A little of this goes a really long way, so I can justify spending what I do for it. It smells delightfully of citrus fruits and lays a great canvas for concealer and foundation alike.

on 2/8/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I'm in love with this primer. It does exactly what I need it to do. My skin feels so soft, my pores are significantly minimized, and my makeup remains fresh looking all day long. I have picky skin, and most makeup and skincare either feels too greasy or too drying. This is a product that works for me no matter how my skin decides to act that day.

on 1/29/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

You can see the immediately smoothing effect of this primer once you apply it on the skin. It has a slip to it and does a great job of blurring pores, but it also clogs them. I bought a full-sized tube ages ago and every once in a while I try to use it up. But then my skin quickly reminds me of why I don't use it in the first place. Doesn't seem to make too much of a difference in the longevity of my makeup either.

on 1/28/2017 5:44:00 PM

I bought a full sized version of POREfessional from Benefit after hearing some wonderful things of the company and being in need of a decent primer to prevent my face melting at the end of the day.
I have extremely oily skin especially around the nose, I also break out more regularly as of late though I have found this product does not interfere or increase the amount of breakouts I encounter.
I have found the primer doesn't settle correctly but it doesn't all come wiping away when using brushes - I find enough product stays on even with brushes.
I have not yet tested The POREfessional with a sponge blender yet though I would suspect it to do fine that route as well.
The product itself comes out of the squeeze tube thick and creamy, it has no distinct scent so for anyone sensitive to smells; this will be a candidate for primers to try out.

There's a slight tint to the primer which appeared to dim my rosacea just an inch, my skin felt very smooth after application and my pores definitely looked minimized: product working as intended.
HOWEVER it is a NO-GO for under my eyes. My eyes watered to infinity and beyond with this stuff!
So if you have sensitive eyes, keep this stuff far away from them - you will have to remove this from the eye area immediately!
I can't tell you for how long my eyes were transformed into a water fountain with this stuff on, but beyond removal from the eye area, I would say they calmed down within a 35 minute lapse.
I would say I'd be surprised if there was any product left around my nostrils due to needing so much tissue in addition from that incident with Benefit's POREfessional.

Otherwise after running around 6+ hours without the POREfessional's mark on the eyes; with this stuff incorporated into my liquid foundation routine with powder to set? My foundation has not melted, my nose (nightmare area) is only minimally oily; no need to rip out any blotting paper.
If I plan on making a good impression then I always pop this out and apply 5 minutes prior to my regular foundation routine.
Though I will have to settle with placing Urban Decay's Primer Potion beneath my eyes to control any oil in that location.

I bought the travel sized to try and the first time I used it, I liked it just okay. I didn't notice any smoothing, but it did create a decent barrier for my foundation (which was why I bought it). It prevented my skin from having any breakouts and didn't make me oily, although my skin felt a bit dry. The second time it didn't really work as well, made my nose look like I had peeling sunburn, thought maybe my skin was just having a bad day, so I let it rest a few days, didn't wear makeup, just kept it clean and moisturized. Then it basically turned into liquid. I found nothing online that could explain why, so, being dissapointed and knowing I would never use it again, I returned it. The cashier said she never saw it turn to liquid like that, even though it was new.

on 1/25/2017 11:59:00 AM

This stuff covers my pores on my cheeks and nose very well, but it does move around once I start applying my makeup. I have tried letting it sit and dry before applying foundation or concealer but it still flakes off. If i do manage to get it to stay it eventually slides around and pools around my nose with my foundation.

on 1/23/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The POREFessional by Benefit is one of the first make-up items I've ever used. It works really for me, but there are times when it flakes when I rub it on my face. To fix this, I usually just rub it between my two fingers to warm it up and melt whatever causes it to flake. After this, it usually works really well. It's honestly one of the products that I always make sure that I have a stock of. The price tag is honestly the biggest negative here.

Although it isn't a primer I constantly reach for whenever I'm doing my makeup, it's definitely one of my must-haves.