BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this out in one of the mini tubes and I'm glad I did instead of buying the big tube! The consistency is like a thick paste, and is relatively easy to apply. It has a very distinct silicone feel, and leaves a smooth, almost powder-like residue on your fingers. I found that I almost have to pat in into my pores, and I have to be really careful when putting foundation on as if you're too rigorous when applying the foundation, the primer seems to crumble??? This primer isn't great if you have dry skin either, it clings to dry patches. So I think this could be great if you've got oilier skin, but it didnt work for me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This just didn't work for ME personally. I got a sample of it from Sephora a while back, but was trying out a new facial cleanser at the time that really dried out my skin. So when my makeup looked flakey and like it was peeling, I wasn't quite sure what was doing it. After a couple of months, I was back on patrol for something to fill my pores and make my mineral foundation flawless. I was sure this was it! It's so raved about and every makeup counter I go to recommends it! So I bought it. It smells good, packaging is super cute, and it makes my skin feel very nice. Without foundation on, it did minimize my pores a little bit, but nothing worth spending $30 on. With my mineral, liquid, and cream foundations (on different days of course) I felt as if it did nothing at all for me. My pores looked exactly the same, if not worse by the time it started fading off and making my face more oily than usual. Such a bummer with all of the hype that my skin just didn't love this, because I have been searching for a miracle. I returned this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay so this kind of product that makes you think: "hmmm was it really worth buying this?"
Honestly, it's an alright primer. It smooths the face, fills in the pores.. it does what it claims. It also does not break me out or disrupt my super sensitive skin. However, it does have a scent and the texture can sometimes feel a bit oily (however it quickly goes away upon applying to the face). It also doesn't last long. AND it retails for AUD$52 for 22mL which is EXPENSIVE.

Now the main reason why I wouldn't buy this again is mainly because of its price. Personally, I don't think its worth buying. $52 is A LOT to spend on a primer like this. In fact, I have found a dupe for this which is much much cheaper and does the job just as well. It is a Korean brand called Innisfree and the product is called the 'No Sebum Blur Primer'. It retails for about 10,000WON (or roughly AUD$17) and you get 25mL. Honestly, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative for this benefit primer, then have a look at this one.
Overall though, it's not a bad product, but its not great either. But if you've been wanting to try this, then maybe buy the smaller version first.

Did nothing for my pores, melted into skin and only worsened my already oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't do anything to my pores and sometimes makes my face feels dry and hot. Don't like the texture and still makes my face shine at the end of the day

I bought this as a cheaper alternative to Smashbox's pore minimizing primer. It has a strong scent, but I actually really like it. Some may not, however.

It does help with pores, but I'm putting these on oily areas, and it seems like by the time I'm greasy, it's all gone. So it only helps for a few hours🙁.

I used to use this primer all the time because it was the only primer my mom bought and I'd borrow it from her whenever I'd wear makeup. And after I ran out of my Marc Jacobs primer, I couldn't justify repurchasing so I bought this because I remember wearing it and decently liking it. But then I bought aloe vera gel and used that for the longest time and this sat in my collection for maybe a few months. When I ran out of the gel, I brought this back out. I used to wear this right after washing my face so I did the same recently but somehow it balls up a little. I've tried putting moisturizer on before it and it did the same thing. I don't wear foundation but when I put concealer on it, it clings to dry patches but it doesn't even feel dry anymore. It's a weird combo between looking patchy but feeling smooth... which is very strange in my opinion. Probably not going to repurchase but it's bearable. Hasn't broken me out yet, and I don't know what other primer to buy so I'll continue using until it runs out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I know it works for some one, but for me it does not work out well. I have normal to dry skin, it makes my skin look even drier. My make up looks like a mess over this primer

on 2/26/2017 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros: I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. This did not irritate or break me out.

Cons: However, it did nothing to minimize my pores or reduce oiliness. My t-zone was more oily than usual after using this product.

on 2/24/2017 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have gotten many samples of this from sephora including a large tube and it's just too greasy for me. Doesn't help minimize the look of my large pores very much (if at all) and my makeup slides right off when I use this. I also don't like the scent. I have found that clinique pore refining solutions serum works much better than this if you have oily skin and want something to help the appearance of pores (temporarily) plus is good for your skin.