BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 6/27/2017 12:11:00 AM

Hmmm it seems to work maybe half way for me? I remember an almost identical product from
Clinique that was discontinued for some reason. But anyhow, I find it to be a pretty standard
pore filler, but nothing spectacular. I prefer it used over my foundation rather than under
since whenever I wear it under liquid foundation, my pores become visible again.

I keep buying it at the duty free shop because I haven't found an active replacement
but would be ready to move on if I found a similar product at a lower price, provided that it would
be easy to buy. I'm just not into overseas shipping or online shipping for that matter…my age
probably hehe

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do like this primer in cooler months, and I will use up the tube I have, but I won't repurchase. I don't think it dramatically increases wear time, but it does really smooth out my skin and create a nice base for foundation. I have kinda large pores on my nose and cheeks, a piercing scar, and various acne scars, and this makes all of those a lot less noticeable. It doesn't hide any of them completely, even with concealer, foundation, and powder on top, but it smooths them enough that the end result is natural-looking.The package isn't fancy, but it gets the job done, and I like the orangey smell.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought into the hype and purchased this after I talked with a Benefit brand rep at Ulta. Her skin was flawless and she convinced me this would help reduce the look of pores and minimize the redness/hyperpigmentiation issues I have (when worn under makeup).

First of all, the texture is amazing. It melts right into the skin and makes your skin feel soft. The beneficial effects stop there though. I find it clogs my pores and does not work well under most foundations. It causes them to slide around on my oily t-zone. I have tried blotting sheets and blotting powder, but this only makes my foundation look streaky and cakey in those areas.

It does not really help minimize hyperpigmentation, I still need to use a concealer and any pitted scarring will not be minimized by this either. I noticed no difference in pore size, and I still had issues with my foundation wearing off. This does not hold up well in any climate. I travel frequently for work and it slides off in FL humidity, in dry Cali, and even in Maryland I did not have luck with it. If your skin is dry it will not moisturize those areas and it will only accentuate oily areas.

This is recommended as a primer, but honestly I only wear it on days that I don't wear makeup because it does "blur" some skin imperfections. Other than that, I suggest using BECCA primers or trying something like Dr. Brandt or Cover Fx for combination skin.

on 6/25/2017 4:17:00 PM

It's a good primer that left the skin smooth, but I don't see a difference with the pores... I think are better primers out there for the same price

on 6/16/2017 6:33:00 PM

This stuff is only good if you don't wear liquid foundation, otherwise it gets all mixed with it and balls up. It only looks good with powder. I guess I could stop using liquid, but I thought you could use both?

The only two good things to say about this primer is the packaging is cute and the texture is soft.
Let's start with this...
On youtube and even on some websites i was looking for a great primer for my huge pores and my type of skin (combination, and it is sensitive sometimes). So, i saw hundreds of great reviews on Porefessional, that it helped blurring the pores and made the skin soft, so i thought i would give it a try.
First of all, the price... i do not remember exactly the ml on the big one, but the biggest one cost around 60 euros (about 66 dollars) so expensive for a primer. So i bought the little size which cost me 11 euros (around 12 dollars), and thank God i did.
The smell is good but it kinda bored me because if you are not a fan of cosmetics with scents you won't like this.
Oh and before i forget, i had a friend of mine over, because we were going to a Gala. I said that she should try the primer as well, so she did. Mind you, her skin is normal and she NEVER has acne, she has incredible skin i might say, the only thing is in some places her pores are big but nothing out of the ordinary.
So we put the the primer, we liked the texture, it was so soft almost like butter. But we did not see a different on the pores size.
And the next day... I had pimples all over my face including chin ( a place i rarely have any pimples or zits).
My friend texted me that day saying that her face was going crazy!! She never has acne.
It wasn't the foundation, we wore different foundations and i never had problems with mine.
I tried it a time after that and i had more pimples again.
If you want to try it i would go for the small size or a sample, but for me, it was not worth the hype.

It's ok, but I was disappointed. Given it's cult following I really expected amazing pore refining but it just doesn't make enough of a difference on my normal to dry skin. Maybe it's better if you're oily? Although I will use it up, for the price I won't repurchase. The dermalogica hydra blur primer was much better in this price range for me.

I thought this was too expensive fro what it did for me. It does make my skin smooth, but it´s not good enough for me to buy it again.

I am in love with this product!! It is my HG primer. I am very oily. Many people say that but trust me, I feel like I can scrape the oil off my face and fuel my car with it sometimes. I usually have to blot multiple times a day. I got this as a sample from a friend (bless her heart) because she didn't like it. It was too thick and she didn't like the feeling of it but she isn't oily. If you are, try this!! I used my sample and bought the full size a few days ago. I wear this to work and only have to blot once. ONCE. If you are oily, you know how good that is. And I am on my feet all day at work because I'm in retail so it's not like I'm sitting at a desk and this keeps me matte. This works while I'm running around and sweating. Love it and will continue to buy this as long as they make it.
For the record, I have tried:
*Bare Minerals Original Primer (the one that comes with the pump) and it did nothing for me
*Bare Minerals Blemish Primer (not sure that's exactly what it's called but it's in a black tube) and that seems to make me more oily
*Merle Norman Primer also seemed to make me more oily. I ended up using it as an eye primer to use it up
*Maybelline Baby Pores which I've heard is supposed to be a dupe for this and it is not even close. It worked ok in terms of keeping me matte but I still had to blot more often than with the Porefessional
*L'Oréal Photo Ready Primer (the pink one) and for a while, it was my favorite primer. My makeup went on nicely over it but it didn't keep me as matte
*Rimmel Stay Matte Primer also didn't keep me matte at all and seemed to pill when I tried to apply my makeup over it
*Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer for oily skin seemed to make me more oily

Those are all that I can remember for right now. But you can see that I am no stranger to primers and have tried many. This one is it for me.

on 5/26/2017 7:22:00 AM

I received a tiny sample from a friend long long time ago and left it sit on my vanity for a long long time.

I have visible pores, oily-combo skin, my nose is the most problematic area of the face, that's where I get most oily on. I've tried many many mattifying primers, but nothing will keep the sebum at bay...nothing will win against nature.

So one fine day I decided to give this a try, without having any expectations, because...let's be real...you can't "erase" your pores with a face primer (lasers will). So, in my honest opinion, this primer is effective in terms of longevity of the foundation, after blotting my face everything is still there, no need for touch ups.

I will admit that it does diminish the depth and the visibility of the pores, but they are not gone, they are there, they are staying, they are just behaving.