BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my pores are really large and this product minimized them massively! my skin is quite oily but this product still helped my makeup stay put.

it can be quite expensive for someone who is on a budget so if you are looking for something cheaper i'd suggest the W7 silicone primer, it is just as good in my opinion and saves you quite a few dollars.

i must say when i tried to use this product whilst i was burnt and had dry skin it was a 100% fail, the product went all patchy and gross so unless you have oily skin i'd probably give this product a miss, but for those with oily skin it works great!

on 1/11/2018 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty amazing stuff, and does exactly what it claims to do (that's rare), to blur/conceal pores and imperfections. I'd noticed my pores were getting larger around the area where my nose and cheek meet, plus i've been having texture issues there as well (i have mature, dry skin), so i finally decided to jump on the primer bandwagon and now i'm kicking myself for waiting so long. It absolutely hides my pores in those areas, as well as some slight texture issues/fine lines. Even in my 10x magnification mirror I can't see them, and it gives them a blurred look. I'm going to see if i can buy a vat to dunk my entire body in. It has a slight tint when it comes out but that rubs in pretty quickly and you can't see it. I don't find that it dries out my face in the slightest either. Great product.

on 1/1/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

What a rip-off... The only thing nice about this is the cute packaging.

It is SO DRY on the skin, and so ashy and deadening. Not a flattering, natural look at all. You totally look like you have make up on in a ghostly way, or lots and lots of powder. I suppose if you are an absolute oil slick, then maybe? But actually even then... No. Just no.

on 12/31/2017 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Fabulous primer and one of my favourites! I have large visible pores and it conceals them really well. A little goes a long way but the only downsize is you pay a lot for such a small amount. You do only need very little, but since a lot of other brands have larger bottles for the same price, you don't feel you are getting your moneys worth. Overall a brilliant primer though and one my top ones.

on 12/28/2017 12:31:00 PM

i would say this primer only does 2 things -- control shine and makes foundation go on smoothly. i have been using this on and off for the past couple years and while i don't hate it, i am looking at other options after i finish this tube. i kept going back to it because it really does help with controlling shine -- I am an oily girl and this primer (when i am not wearing foundation) makes my t-zone LOOK more acceptable throughout the day (feels just as greasy though). It also makes my cream blush and foundation go on smooth as a babys bum due to the silicone base.

does it minimize pores? hell no. does it minimize fine lines? def not. however this might be for you if you are looking at a primer that goes on REALLY smooth onto your face. it's an acceptable product, but easily replaceable if i find something better.

I think this is one of those products that is easily misused and/or misunderstood. It definitely took me a while to get the hang of it and I have been using makeup for 2 decades now, albeit primers since the last couple of years.

This is a silicone based primer, which is specifically designed for filling and blurring your pores. Silicone is excellent at that, but it's not for everyone. Some people just don't like the feel of it, or are allergic to it. If that's you, move on.

Pore filling primers are best utilized by using your fingertips and gently tap the product onto your face. You're actually pushing the product into your pores. This is different than rubbing or swiping the product onto your cheeks. That will cause this primer to pill, therefore everything else you put on top of it won't work (that well). I take half a pea size amount for my nose, chin and apples of my cheeks and it takes me ~15sec to apply the product.

Next I apply my foundation, although I sometimes use just the primer on no-makeup days as well. I personally use a half pea size amount of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and 'swirl' the product onto my face using the Real Techniques expert face brush. This way I don't disturb the primer, don't overuse foundation and I get a really nice finish with minimal product. Win win!

2 other tips:
- a basic rule of makeup is to layer products that are chemically or texturally similar. So a silicone primer with a silicone-based foundation, a powder base with powder blush or a water-based foundation with cream blush etc. This rule does apply most of the time, although a lot of the current generation products (makeup and skincare) are formulated so well that with sufficient waiting time, you can layer whatever you want. As you can read above, I layer a silicone primer with a water-based foundation and it works fine. But I mention this rule anyway since I suspect this might be a reason why this primer doesn't work as well as some people expected.
- also, I cannot stress it enough, the skincare you use beneath your makeup HAS to be fully absorbed before you apply anything else. Trust me on this, please. This can take a few minutes, or even longer when using sunscreen (which you should do all year round). By allowing my skincare to be fully absorbed has made the biggest difference in how my makeup looks. Yes it takes time, but then so does drinking a cup of coffee, checking your emails or brushing your teeth in the morning. All the best makeup artists take time to work their preferred skincare into the skin of their clients and then allow it to sink in. In the meantime they brush through the eyebrows, curl the lashes or massage the hands. Anything that is not fully absorbed WILL interfere with your makeup.

on 11/22/2017 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

So I’d seen this product around for ages and never got around to trying it. I finally tried it and I love it on bare skin. It makes skin look natural and clean and better. Using it with makeup/foundation over it I was less impressed. I found I needed to apply it over foundation to have a good result. I will use it on bare skin for a great make up free look. I find best results just using it around nose and cheeks where pores are most visible. It can be a little drying so I don’t use it elsewhere in case it looks a little chalky.

on 11/19/2017 6:45:00 PM

I really wanted to like this primer. I love a good pore minimizing primer, but this was anbit to dry. Maybe I use to much product or to little, but my skin allways looks so dry after. I use a bunch of skincare, but this primer makes me look 5 years older.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

got one in sample size
i don't understand the hype of this product
because it doesn't work its job on my face

the price is wayyyyy to expensive for such a so so product
if i have to compare
i will compare it with that etude house fix and fix primer pore
it feels the same but the price is way cheaper than this one

sorry benefit :(

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

First of all let me say that i have really sensitive skin and i have been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis on my nose and forehead.
Seriously i wanted to like this mainly because of how ridiculous expensive this is for the amount of product that you get.
Considering all the hype and the price point, i thought "This must be the best primer on the market". Guess what?
This product sucks!! It broke me out and i don't even have acne problems... But the worst is what this product did to my seborrheic dematitis... My nose was so dry, itchy and red everyday that i used this... Eventually i had to quit using this because my skin got to such a low point where i couldn't even apply my foundation...
I have never been so disappoint to a makeup product in my life! If you have sensitive skin please don't try this, save yourself your money and protect your skin!