TRESemmé Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo

2.7

on 9/13/2013 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Bought the oily/curly brand from the dollar store for 2 bucks thought it might work in my biracial DD curly hair but her hair is a little to fine for it. I now just use it for my dreadlocks between washes. Works like its supposed to. I usually have dry locs and have to moisturize throughout the week but sometimes I wake up and my scalp feels itchy and oily. This has resolved that problem. I can wash once every few days and use this in between. Batiste is apparently better but this is a little better for the environment and is a foam not an aerosol. Leaves my scalp a little less oily and refreshed I make sure I get my entire scalp and then rub with a towel. They have different ones in this line and I think it's best to choose the one most related to your hair needs ex: oily/curly, dry/fine etc. Hope this helps.

on 9/6/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

My mom got this product for me - I'm a fourth year medical student and often have to wake up crazy early for rotations/am on call and stay in hospital forever and ever. She thought that I could use this when I'm running late in the morning or post-call.
It smells awesome - although the scent is pretty strong - and that's about it. I have thick slightly oily wavy/straight hair (wavy to curly when air dried) and this made it look MORE greasy if anything. I've tried it a few times - on my bangs, less pumps/more pumps, towel drying it, blow drying it.. it still doesn't do anything. I don't expect miracles. Dry shampoo (the powder kind) mostly makes your hair *look* cleaner, but this doesn't even do that..

Bottom line: if you have super dry big curly hair that gets frizzier between washes, then this might work for you. If you have anything besides that.. this product is probably a waste!

I can't wash my hair everyday since I have dry ends and colored hair (red). The only thing this does is add an intense fragrance to my hair. It does nothing for my oily roots. The search for a good and cheap dry shampoo continues.

on 12/17/2010 4:31:00 PM

Have tried this product several ways, getting tips from MUA and youtube. Still has not worked perfectly, and does tend to make my hair feel greasier. I use it when my hair has been diffused, and one or two days after washing. I've tried 2 pumps; 4 pumps; in the roots; at the ends; towel-blotted; blow-dried. It's just not working to cut the grease factor. It does re-form my curls somewhat. Pssst is great for my straight-hair days, but since it needs to be brushed out (Tresemme foam does NOT need to be brushed), pssst is not good for curly days. I'm gonna keep trying to work with it, but likely will not repurchase

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to stop washing my hair every day....trying to extend the time between colorings. I don't really need to wash my hair every day. Just a habit I got in years ago. I had seen a review of this dry shampoo on youtube and thought I would give it a try. I am not crazy about the scent at all. It says on the can for oily straight to normal hair. My hair is mostly straight and normal. (not oily or dry) This product seemed to make my hair look worse rather than better. I tried to spray lightly,near the scalp, just on the top on my head. It left a grayish cast on my hair.There's a film of product that feels gross also. My hair also seemed to have a lot less body/volume after it set for a while. By lunch time my hair looked totally flat. I will not be using this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this quite a while ago actually, but I really thought the idea was cool. I bought this because my second-day hair is always little oily (well just enough to bother me) and I thought this would fix my problem because I don't want to dry out my hair by washing it everyday. It's claims it is a "water-less, foam shampoo" but it's really a light foam. IT SMELLS SO AWESOME. I absolutely love the smell of this. It's light and citrusy, and great. So I pounced when I had the opportunity to try, and it really didn't work that well for me. I try to rub it with a towel like it says, but it just doesn't do anything for me, it maybe makes me look a little greasier even. So, will not exactly be trying this again. Packaging's cute, I like the natural thing going on, but otherwise I won't be purchasing again. Only gave it 3 lippies for the scent.

on 7/25/2010 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Wow!! Now my hair isn't very oily, but this waterless shampoo is AMAZING!!! It's great for those days your scalp feels like it's suffocating under all your hair products, especially if you've used too many products!! And it really did make my hair fell like I had just been washed! Smells great too! I'll definitly be buying this again! I just can't go without!