TRESemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo

TRESemme Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo

3.2

on 7/6/2010 5:59:00 PM

The packaging is nice, the price dirt-cheap, and it's designated for curly hair. In theory, it's a perfect fit for me. However, it does absolutely nothing for me - waterless? It contains aqua! It wets your hair, but doesn't add volume nor soak up oil, or add moisture. Especially since wavy hair and curly hair is not for brushing - you can't pull it through evenly. $4 waste.

on 7/19/2010 4:50:00 PM

I was considering purchasing the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo the other day, but came to my senses and realized that $23 for a small can is crazy. I read a positive review of TRESemme's comparable product and decided to give it a try.

I have curly and dry hair, but during the summer my scalp can get a bit dirty.

This is easy to use--just apply the foam to the scalp, massage a bit and towel off. If one uses a modest amount, I think the toweling step can be skipped.

It freshens up my scalp and hair and gives a little oomph to my style. I got this on sale at CVS--2 for $7. I like it and will definitely buy more.

on 7/25/2010 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Wow!! Now my hair isn't very oily, but this waterless shampoo is AMAZING!!! It's great for those days your scalp feels like it's suffocating under all your hair products, especially if you've used too many products!! And it really did make my hair fell like I had just been washed! Smells great too! I'll definitly be buying this again! I just can't go without!

on 8/5/2010 9:36:00 PM

This is really good stuff!! I do not have oily hair but I do have natural curly hair. This does preform as stated, which is refreshing just in its self. ONE itty bitty little thing, its not waterless,.... its not, it is a very light and watery foam. It does a great job re-activating your curls because of it. SO if you straighten your curly hair do not use this. Get the one that is a spray, it works much better and it does no make your hair curl up again.

on 8/16/2010 6:28:00 PM

So far so good, reminds of the the sixties version called Pssst! This one does wet your hair, but sans water, in theory. Although anything moussey or otherwise will add moisture to your hair. Not sure whether I would call this an alternative to actually using water and shampoo/conditioner, but for me is a good styling boost product to use between shampoos, which I guess is the idea. Seems pretty good for now.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this quite a while ago actually, but I really thought the idea was cool. I bought this because my second-day hair is always little oily (well just enough to bother me) and I thought this would fix my problem because I don't want to dry out my hair by washing it everyday. It's claims it is a "water-less, foam shampoo" but it's really a light foam. IT SMELLS SO AWESOME. I absolutely love the smell of this. It's light and citrusy, and great. So I pounced when I had the opportunity to try, and it really didn't work that well for me. I try to rub it with a towel like it says, but it just doesn't do anything for me, it maybe makes me look a little greasier even. So, will not exactly be trying this again. Packaging's cute, I like the natural thing going on, but otherwise I won't be purchasing again. Only gave it 3 lippies for the scent.

on 8/26/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE! I have tried many dry shampoos and caught my sister throwing this out and gave it a shot. She hated the smell (but it's subtle and i adore it).

I have ear length choppy hair. Baby fine with more cowlicks than waves. Never died, never straightened, air dried so I dont need any sort of moisture products. Yet, It gets greasy looking very easily but I'm always on the go and cant shower 4 times a day. I mean, who has time for that? I'm actually looking to get the lighter formula when I actually purchase it.

It's a foam pump, it's not exactly waterless but it's LIGHT! And bless them for making a cap that actually stays on the bottle. Go easy on the product ladies, I think that's where many negative reviews are coming from.

I have used this as a quick refresher after classes and darting around campus in this HEAT before meeting friends for dinner. For a date I'd shower but friends? They'll love you no matter what. =)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to stop washing my hair every day....trying to extend the time between colorings. I don't really need to wash my hair every day. Just a habit I got in years ago. I had seen a review of this dry shampoo on youtube and thought I would give it a try. I am not crazy about the scent at all. It says on the can for oily straight to normal hair. My hair is mostly straight and normal. (not oily or dry) This product seemed to make my hair look worse rather than better. I tried to spray lightly,near the scalp, just on the top on my head. It left a grayish cast on my hair.There's a film of product that feels gross also. My hair also seemed to have a lot less body/volume after it set for a while. By lunch time my hair looked totally flat. I will not be using this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product isn't bad. I don't wash my hair everyday because my hair is curly and dry, but I like it to smell like I wash it everyday! This works really well as a regular mousse because it controls my curls and makes them smell fresh. I don't really follow the exact instructions on the bottle. Great for curly hair! Only bad thing is, I bought it at WalMart and it was in my shopping bag, and when I got home it had leaked a little from being on it's side, so it's not travel friendly!

Long time member, first time posting.

Love this Product!

Years ago I used PSST dry shampoo and the smell was awful, plus it gave me "helmet hair". My hair tends to get dry and frizzy if I wash it too often.

I did use a lot more than the 2-3 pumps recommended. Made sure my hair was wet enough, toweled dry then as the instructions said, Style as Usual. With a quick blow-drying with my brush, my hair came out just like when I style it after a shower. I am amazed. Also used the refreshing spray and you would never know I didn't wash my hair!