3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I use this faithfully! I use the waterless foam shampoo for curly/dry hair with aloe vera and citrus. It is great to use at night so when you wake up, your hair smells fresh. It is also great to use in the morning, adds some body, does not weigh down hair, gets rid of odor, has a nice clean citrus scent. Is a great product to tame flyaways, and gives hair a finished look. Most times I don't even use any other hair product. You don't need to saturate your hair with this, a golf-ball size amount will work. But if you do use too much and your hair looks wet, don't worry, it dries with no problems. Would buy again!

About reviewer (224 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Bought the oily/curly brand from the dollar store for 2 bucks thought it might work in my biracial DD curly hair but her hair is a little to fine for it. I now just use it for my dreadlocks between washes. Works like its supposed to. I usually have dry locs and have to moisturize throughout the week but sometimes I wake up and my scalp feels itchy and oily. This has resolved that problem. I can wash once every few days and use this in between. Batiste is apparently better but this is a little better for the environment and is a foam not an aerosol. Leaves my scalp a little less oily and refreshed I make sure I get my entire scalp and then rub with a towel. They have different ones in this line and I think it's best to choose the one most related to your hair needs ex: oily/curly, dry/fine etc. Hope this helps.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

3.0

7 years ago

To describe this product in 1 word would be: weird. After applying the foam to my roots and then TOWEL drying as the directions say, I can tell that some oiliness is being absorbed, but visually my roots still look greasy. In some areas my oil will be gone, in others it will look oilier than I started. So it does work to an extent... but no where near the effect of a true dry aerosol shampoo. I mean, I get better results just taking an old matte face powder I don't use and patting that on my roots... It does smell pretty great though. And I bought it for about $3. Skip this one.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I have asian hair that is very very wiry when just washed. After about a day my scalp's oil cycle finally begins working again after the harsh sulfates of shampoo and will then be smooth and shiny. However, I have a dandruff problem which lead me to try dry shampoo only on my scalp and a few inches of hair. I picked this up actually thinking it was the aerosol spray one when it was actually the mousse which I guess I should have noticed because it was in a plastic bottle instead of a metal one. But anyways I decided to just use it and try it. It was great! let's say I have 5 "units" of dandruff after a day, with using this I would say I have about 2 units of dandruff so it's pretty great. Also, instead of making the hair feel coarse it just made it feel even softer and cleaner! It smells great too, instead of like hair it smells like chemicals! But it's okay because hair by nature doesn't smell that great and the chemical smell is rather pleasant without being overpowering.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

7 years ago

This might be my new favorite dry shampoo. Its a bit more "complicated" than a traditional dry shampoo, so I knocked off one lippie. It made my hair look greasier at first, but once I started working it with a towel and it completely dried it was fantastic. The smell is good, but not as strong as some other dry shampoos. I picked it up for $4 at my local grocery store so the price is pretty reasonable. It works better than any of the other drug store products I've tried but it doesn't work as well as salon brands. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has extremely oily hair but if its normal or only slightly oily it will work fine. Products like this are great for people like my self who have extremely bright red hair and can only wash it a couple days a week. I will be repurchasing this product.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I started buying dry shampoo since I got my hair dyed professionally a fire red color. Washing it would wash out the color horribly. I bought this dry shampoo at a walgreens for a little over $6. This was my first dry shampoo, and honestly I felt I could have got better for the price I spent. It DOES leave it feeling clean....for a few hours (1-2). I was really unhappy with this product. It didn't do a good job in removing the greasy/oily look to the hair. It made it feel a bit softer, but it went back to the state it was before it was dry shampooed within a few hours. The only good thing about the product was the packaging, which i absolutely love. It has a super convenient pump. Besides that, I was really disappointed. I will not be repurchasing this product.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

My mom got this product for me - I'm a fourth year medical student and often have to wake up crazy early for rotations/am on call and stay in hospital forever and ever. She thought that I could use this when I'm running late in the morning or post-call. It smells awesome - although the scent is pretty strong - and that's about it. I have thick slightly oily wavy/straight hair (wavy to curly when air dried) and this made it look MORE greasy if anything. I've tried it a few times - on my bangs, less pumps/more pumps, towel drying it, blow drying it.. it still doesn't do anything. I don't expect miracles. Dry shampoo (the powder kind) mostly makes your hair *look* cleaner, but this doesn't even do that.. Bottom line: if you have super dry big curly hair that gets frizzier between washes, then this might work for you. If you have anything besides that.. this product is probably a waste!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

No power four days post-Irene, and needed something to help my hair (cold showers ain't for me). Two pumps scrunched into my shoulder length hair created volume, cut down on the greasiness, and the scent left me feeling much fresher. Will continue using even if I *do* get my power back on!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBrown

1.0

9 years ago

This stuff reeks powerfully. I can smell it hours after application and the scent is not at all pleasant. It does not degrease at all; in fact, it makes my hair feel slightly oilier than it was before I applied the product. Plain cornstarch is more effective.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I can't wash my hair everyday since I have dry ends and colored hair (red). The only thing this does is add an intense fragrance to my hair. It does nothing for my oily roots. The search for a good and cheap dry shampoo continues.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm