TRESemmé Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo

TRESemmé Fresh Start Waterless Foam Shampoo

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

To describe this product in 1 word would be: weird. After applying the foam to my roots and then TOWEL drying as the directions say, I can tell that some oiliness is being absorbed, but visually my roots still look greasy. In some areas my oil will be gone, in others it will look oilier than I started. So it does work to an extent... but no where near the effect of a true dry aerosol shampoo. I mean, I get better results just taking an old matte face powder I don't use and patting that on my roots...
It does smell pretty great though. And I bought it for about $3.
Skip this one.

This might be my new favorite dry shampoo. Its a bit more "complicated" than a traditional dry shampoo, so I knocked off one lippie. It made my hair look greasier at first, but once I started working it with a towel and it completely dried it was fantastic. The smell is good, but not as strong as some other dry shampoos. I picked it up for $4 at my local grocery store so the price is pretty reasonable. It works better than any of the other drug store products I've tried but it doesn't work as well as salon brands. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has extremely oily hair but if its normal or only slightly oily it will work fine. Products like this are great for people like my self who have extremely bright red hair and can only wash it a couple days a week. I will be repurchasing this product.

on 5/18/2012 10:19:00 PM

I started buying dry shampoo since I got my hair dyed professionally a fire red color. Washing it would wash out the color horribly. I bought this dry shampoo at a walgreens for a little over $6. This was my first dry shampoo, and honestly I felt I could have got better for the price I spent. It DOES leave it feeling clean....for a few hours (1-2). I was really unhappy with this product. It didn't do a good job in removing the greasy/oily look to the hair. It made it feel a bit softer, but it went back to the state it was before it was dry shampooed within a few hours. The only good thing about the product was the packaging, which i absolutely love. It has a super convenient pump. Besides that, I was really disappointed. I will not be repurchasing this product.

on 9/6/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

My mom got this product for me - I'm a fourth year medical student and often have to wake up crazy early for rotations/am on call and stay in hospital forever and ever. She thought that I could use this when I'm running late in the morning or post-call.
It smells awesome - although the scent is pretty strong - and that's about it. I have thick slightly oily wavy/straight hair (wavy to curly when air dried) and this made it look MORE greasy if anything. I've tried it a few times - on my bangs, less pumps/more pumps, towel drying it, blow drying it.. it still doesn't do anything. I don't expect miracles. Dry shampoo (the powder kind) mostly makes your hair *look* cleaner, but this doesn't even do that..

Bottom line: if you have super dry big curly hair that gets frizzier between washes, then this might work for you. If you have anything besides that.. this product is probably a waste!

I can't wash my hair everyday since I have dry ends and colored hair (red). The only thing this does is add an intense fragrance to my hair. It does nothing for my oily roots. The search for a good and cheap dry shampoo continues.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

THIS IS ONE AMAZING PRODUCT N IM A HAIRDRESSER!
I have used many dry shampoo's and this is the best! i have naturally really course curly dry hair and two punps of this and im ready 2 go to work :D it moisturises and absorbs the oil and the product build up and i can even use it after four days and it still works! love it!

on 11/6/2010 3:18:00 PM

I tried this after using the tresemme dry shampoo and hating it.

this was much better!! it gave volume, has a pleasent clean scent, and made my clean hair last longer. it was easy to use, but the bottle recommended 3 pumps for medium to long hair (which I have) and I found that to be too much. so keep in mind a little goes a long way!

its cheap and worked reasonably well, worth a try!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I just recently bought this waterless shampoo. I've never used this kind of stuff before so I was a bit nervous about it, but it turns out it's really useful. First of all, I don't like to shampoo my hair everyday (you really shouldn't unless you hair is super oily) and this helps when I'm in a rush to get clean hair. It smells great and the foam pump makes it very easy to use. Kudos, TRESemme!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product isn't bad. I don't wash my hair everyday because my hair is curly and dry, but I like it to smell like I wash it everyday! This works really well as a regular mousse because it controls my curls and makes them smell fresh. I don't really follow the exact instructions on the bottle. Great for curly hair! Only bad thing is, I bought it at WalMart and it was in my shopping bag, and when I got home it had leaked a little from being on it's side, so it's not travel friendly!

on 8/26/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE! I have tried many dry shampoos and caught my sister throwing this out and gave it a shot. She hated the smell (but it's subtle and i adore it).

I have ear length choppy hair. Baby fine with more cowlicks than waves. Never died, never straightened, air dried so I dont need any sort of moisture products. Yet, It gets greasy looking very easily but I'm always on the go and cant shower 4 times a day. I mean, who has time for that? I'm actually looking to get the lighter formula when I actually purchase it.

It's a foam pump, it's not exactly waterless but it's LIGHT! And bless them for making a cap that actually stays on the bottle. Go easy on the product ladies, I think that's where many negative reviews are coming from.

I have used this as a quick refresher after classes and darting around campus in this HEAT before meeting friends for dinner. For a date I'd shower but friends? They'll love you no matter what. =)