Palladio Herbal Liquid Foundation Primer

Palladio Herbal Liquid Foundation Primer

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Seed Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Seed Extract, Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract.

This primer is NOT meant to control oils. The primer itself has oils in it. If you get very very oily, avoid it.

This also pills if you use too much. A pea sized amount is enough. Or if you want to use more, pat it in, don't rub.

What this primer is great at is smoothing our your skin as it is silicone based. Your foundation will blend in much, much easier.

Even though I get quite oily throughout the day, when I first put on makeup, my skin is fairly normal, but with dry spots from spot treating acne with salicylic acid. And sometimes I have tiny little dry patches that are unnoticeable until I put on a foundation or concealer that emphasises them. I like this primer because it smoothes out those dry areas. But it doesn't make me oilier.

Unfortunately I'm not really in love with one particular ingredient - Retinyl Palmitate. If you didn't know, it's retinol. And I hear there are some issues with using retinol in the daytime as it degrades under sunlight and makes your skin more sensitive to UV rays, thus increasing your risk of sun damage. Although, who really knows how strong the retinol in this is, and if retinol is really all that bad in the daytime. It's just something I feel a bit iffy about.

Although it is relatively inexpensive, I will not be repurchasing because I feel like it didn't do enough for me. It made my skin smoother and foundation blend easier, yes. But it didn't minimize pores or foundation creasing, or prolong makeup wear. But I still use it cuz I needa use it up.

Would recommend if:
-You have normal to dry, or normal to oily, or combination skin.
-You struggle with cakiness or looking a bit dry.

Wouldn't recommend if:
-You have very very oily skin
-You're looking for pore minimizing action
-You're trying to stop foundation from creasing or separating around lines
-You have trouble with makeup sliding off (I feel like this primer might make this worse because of how slippery it is. It makes my ordinary serum foundation transfer more)

---EDIT---
Just checked Palladio's website, and this primer has three parabens in it - Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. And on CosDNA.com, all of them score a nasty rating of 7. Funnily enough, these parabens aren't labelled on my bottle....hmmm. Either way, I'm not repurchasing.

This primer is siliconey but also kind of watery if that makes sense? It's not this extremely thick consistency that some other primers have that I've tried. Those primers feel very heavy on the skin and make me sweat and produce even more oil than I already do! That being said, this one doesn't do that at all! It fills in my pores, makes my foundation glide on very easily and hydrates my skin a little bit. All that without the heavy feel of your typical porefilling primer. I know people say this is a dupe for the smashbox primer but imo it's not - not at all. The smashbox one is a lot heavier and one of those primers that literally make me sweat, whereas the palladio one isn't.

I haven't found that this primer keeps me matte or prolongs the wear of my foundation, but I didn't buy it for those reasons so I am very pleased with it!

on 9/8/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Wanted to like this product but it does nothing for my oil skin 😔

on 7/21/2015 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This product is amazing! It does what it's supposed to do and I've noticed an improvement in my skin after using it! I don't know if it controls oil well because I mostly have normal skin. It's great!!! Love love. Will buy this again! You can find it at Sally's for 12-13 dollars.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this primer!! My skin feels soft and refreshing not sticky like other primers!

on 6/6/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This primer was just okay. It did make my skin feel silky smooth, but I can't say that it controlled oil or made my foundation work any better. In fact, my foundation pooled into the pores on my nose just as badly when using this product than without it. This primer was also kind of expensive. I paid over $10.00 dollar for a small tube at Sally's Beauty Supply, which is a lot to pay for something that doesn't really do anything. I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use a very small amount, around a pea size or a little less, and I feel like it's able to make my skin smoother for foundation application. All you really need is that amount. Anymore and I think it might pill and it won't absorb as well into your skin. I definitely see minimizing of my pores with this, although I don't really notice any significant difference to the wear time of my foundation. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and I definitely always notice the shine on my nose no matter if I'm wearing this primer or not, so it doesn't do much for keeping oil at bay.

Overall, I really like this product because it minimizes my pores and a little goes a long way..

on 5/26/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This primer does not work for me. I feel my skin a bit smoother and my liquid foundation glides more easily but that is all. I will not buy it again. It does not fit to my skin texture.

It is a good pair though with the YSL Touche Eclat foundation.

on 4/9/2014 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this primer after hearing so many people rave about it on here, but honestly I'm far from impressed. It was $16 for a very tube at sally's to start off with. I find myself having to use a lot to cover my face mainly because you cant feel it on your skin to the point where I cant even tell what parts of my face ive put it on. It does make my skin feel soft, I'll give it that much. But as far as minimizing pores and improving the the wear of my makeup id say it does almost nothing. I really wanted to love this, but as of right now I most definitely wont be repurchasing.

on 3/3/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't really understand why so many people rave about this product I mean different people, different experiences but it did not work for me. I have combo/mostly dry skin and yeah silicone doesn't go well with dry skin but I figured I'd go with the ratings and buy it. No primer has ever pilled on me but this did and it didn't do anything for my skin, no minimizing pores and no smoothing of the skin. Sure, it made my skin feel a little bit softer but for 11.99 that's hardly worth it in my opinion. If you have dry skin or large pores, skip it.