Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think it needs more matte colors, too much glitter. it's good for formal dance looks or parties, but day to day is too overwhelming.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My top overrated makeup palette. All the colors are decent, but not spectacular in any way. The shadows aren't too blendable and there are sooo many cheaper drugstore alternatives to this palette that are equal or superior to this one.

Save your money!

on 12/17/2016 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Waffled a bit over whether this is a 4 or 5 for me, but went 5 as honestly I find it very easy to use and reach for it quite often in the morning, it's one of my go-tos. My biggest issues with the palette are the flocked velvet covering (it gets a bit gross and a lot of the gold foil text has worn off, I feel like the metal tin packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 palettes is so much nicer and I don't know why they didn't change this one to match when those were released) and the colour selection. I do feel like there are definitely some shades I would have liked to see included, and there are some shades I don't like or use as much... but honestly I could say the same for just about any palette and I already have those other shades I want in other singles and palettes so it's not a dealbreaker for me. Even if I don't use every shade it comes out roughly even price wise vs buying singles if I only like 3 shades, and a good deal if I like 4 or more so while it's not a cheap palette I do think it's very reasonable compared to their singles (and if you really love and use up one or two shades most of these are now permanently available in their singles line). I would say there are only 2 shades in this palette that I really don't use - Sidecar (which has glitter fallout) and Gunmetal (which just isn't a shade I reach for in general, not sure why they put a cool gunmetal shade in an otherwise very warm palette) and of the others some get used more than others but they all do get used. I can't complain about the quality of the eyeshadows and there are some beautiful colours in the palette. The included double ended brush isn't terrible but I only really reach for it if the rest of my brushes are dirty. I can understand why they include a brush but if I threw it out I wouldn't miss it. Is the palette overhyped? Probably - it's nothing groundbreaking or life changing. But I can certainly see why it's so popular, it's a solid palette with some beautiful eyeshadows that are very wearable for everyday.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best palette ever I have the naked1 & 2 and they are amazing👍

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely everyday colours which are blendable, pigmented and flattering. These eyeshadows don't even crease on me when I'm not wearing primer which is a definite bonus because I can be rushed doing my makeup in the morning and I try to reduce steps wherever possible. The colours also do tend to last on my lids without primer, but just aren't as dramatic.

Packaging is ok and I do like the double ended brush that comes with the palette and that there's a built-in mirror.

It would be good if there was another matte shade. I use the two matte shades 'Buck' and 'Naked' all the time and will definitely use those two colours up before any of the rest. 'Virgin' makes for a great highlighter colour, but use sparingly because it's incredibly shiny! I just usually use a tiny bit in the inner corners of my eyes and really lightly just under my brows as a highlight.

This is a really versatile palette that can be used for everyday or used with the darker colours to create more drama. High quality and would suit virtually everyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I've bought the Naked 2 palette TWICE now because I used to love the colors but they were a little too cool on my olive mediterranean skintone/dark eyes. I was looking into a few other palettes and then saw this. It already has a few colors I love (sin, smog, toasted). So I bought it and I love it! Most of the time I used the matte colors Naked and Buck, mixed with separate eyeshadows from UD called Tease and Secret Service. But for nights, I'll mix smog and toasted in, or use creep. I love mixing Sin and Verve from this palette. Basically, I've found a use for almost every color (even the grays for a smoky eye) and I really think it's one of the best purchases I've made.

on 11/19/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I honestly thought I would like this a lot more than I did. I had it for about 4 years before I finally threw it out due to hygiene concerns (I don't like keeping old makeup around). The range of shades looks really nice, but I found a lot of them to be too cool leaning to work well on my olive toned Hispanic skin.
I also found the payoff on the matte shades to be lacking. Even applied over primer, they were barely noticeable and just blended into my skin. The shadows were good quality, buttery and pigmented so maybe I'm a little too dark for most of the palette.
Out of all of the shades I only got close to hitting pan on Sidecar (great for smokey eye nighttime looks, Creep, and Half Baked (looooved this shade during the summer). I also used Toasted quite bit.
I think if you have fair to medium cool-toned skin and you are on the younger side this would be a really nice everyday palette. The range of matte and shimmery neutral shades can easily take you from day to night and the shadows themselves are good quality and last. Mature ladies may want to stay away due to the high glitter/shimmer content in quite a few of the shadows.

on 11/13/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Just lovely!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this palette!! I love the colors and the texture of the eyeshadows.. They blend really well and does last on the eyelid far as I have observed. They are really pigmented and creamy to apply! I think I like this more than my naked 2.. but then again I might like both of them equally!! Worth the money in the end although I think they could bring down the price a litter more.. think its a little expensive.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the dark colours in this palette as I normally prefer darker shadows. This is a nice one in that aspect. However, my eyes itch every time I use UD eye make up and leave some ugly dry patches on my skin afterwards... What a shame.