Urban Decay NAKED [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Urban Decay NAKED  [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/5/2018 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have always been attracted to the Naked concept for many years as it's aligned with my "no makeup" makeup life but I never got around to buying it as it is quite pricey. When I heard that this palette was about to be discontinued I pretty much rushed to Sephora and bought it. I am so pleased with this buy and wished I had gotten it sooner. Appreciate the very neutral colour selection - neither warm, nor cool. just nice - and I am over the moon that there are 3 great highlighters that I can use on the cheekbone. I liked every combination I tried on, the colours work very well together (all neutrals, duh) and staying power is good with primer. I do not get fallout like others here mentioned unless I pack the brush with product and I do not understand the "muddy" comments here as I didn't get that. My verdict is therefore - a great neutral 12-colour palette for natural makeup lovers. There is one BIG drawback and that there's only 2 (why?) mattes in here and for my skin tone (tan Asian) only 1 is is useful for the crease area ("Buck") so sadly because of this I take 1 lippy off.

on 9/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased recently, really love it.I have deeply tanned skin.I won't need another neutral palette.Has good staying power, on my oily eyelids.I do use primer 1st.Thought about this purchase for a while before purchasing, as its not cheap.Worth it as I use often.I like the double ended brushed with it also.The suede feeling type of cover of the palette would be quite protective, if it fell.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Back in the days this was the first palette I ever purchased for myself and I still have this. Firstly the colors are stunning and these are strong pigments which is exactly what I was looking for. However most of the colors are very shimmery and not subtle enough for day use (I can only see me pulling off the 2 mattes in the palette if applying before a day at the office). One of the downsides is the fallout can be pretty bad with these. Not only would I end up with powder on my face, but on my top too - which would be great IF I was trying to get the dress to match my face! On the plus side though: no creasing at all, even if not using a primer beforehand. The colors are very pigmented and a little goes a long way and I do find the brush and mirror which are both part of the palette really handy when travelling and don't have enough room to carry separate ones. Have read about some others' experiences of it opening but luckily never once happened to me so far.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 2/18/2018 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I’ll admit that I didn’t like this palette much the first few weeks I had it; the shadows were subtle and dry. But after using it, I realized that sometimes subtle is a good thing; these shadows are very buildable and the shimmers look pretty without being in your face. I do get fallout if I try to pack on more than two layers of the shimmer shades.

I don’t like the last two shades at the end; they’re too sheer and fade off my eyelids after a few hours even when I use primer. The brush enclosed is decent, but I would rather not have it if the price were to be lowered and the packaging attracts dust. This is nice, but I don’t think it is worth $54; I am keeping mine because I got a discount.

on 9/22/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the 1st Naked Palette I bought from Urban Decay. I bought this palette based on the following:

1. the rave reviews
2. it was a cult classic
3. almost every girl in my city had it
4. And because I was a sheep (lol).

My favourite colors in this palette were Virgin, Naked, Buck, and Dark horse (Neutrals). I hardly touched the others. Anyway, now that I have seperated from the flock and tried other palettes that are more affordable and better quality, I can now give my honest review on this love it/or hate it palette. Unfortunately this brand and eye shadow line fell short due to the following:

1. Expensive price
2. Major fallout during application (those reviews telling readers there is no fallout - LIES!!! You have been warned).
3. Eyeshadow does not blend well (looks muddy when blending shades together).

I would not recommend this palette to beginners due to the price and the way it blends. However, what I did like about it was the brush that it came with, a sample of the eyeshadow primer, and the fact that Urban Decay is against animal testing and cruelty free.

Would I purchase this palette again? No (without hesitation).

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.

on 11/23/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't like this palette. It was super basic. Extremely dupable. The colors were hard pressed. I will be returning. I prefer my TF Chocolate Bar Palettes and ABH Palettes to this

on 8/28/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To be fair I had found Too Faced before I even came across Urban Decay's Naked palettes and Kat Von D after. What's sad for me is after using KVD and TF I can't seem to fall in love with any of the UD palettes.

The colours in the original are better than UD3 but there are too many shimmers and so you can't use this independently. I also find that the colours don't translate on the eyelids as pigmented as I would like, and so I have to try and put in multiple layers which I just don't have time for.

It may be personal preference, but when I play around with these and compare them with other highend palettes, I notice the lack of luster in the colours and the extensive fall out (which makes me feel like I'm wasting product).

With so many others to compete with, unfortunately I just don't want to reach for these shadows as often.

on 4/7/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Of course I have nothing bad to say about this palette - it's perfect EXCEPT I wish it had one or two matte neutral shades like Naked 2-3. The shadows in this are super pigmented, buttery and easy to work with. it's SO versatile and goes with any eye color. I love it.