Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Urban Decay NAKED

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the 1st Naked Palette I bought from Urban Decay. I bought this palette based on the following:

1. the rave reviews
2. it was a cult classic
3. almost every girl in my city had it
4. And because I was a sheep (lol).

My favourite colors in this palette were Virgin, Naked, Buck, and Dark horse (Neutrals). I hardly touched the others. Anyway, now that I have seperated from the flock and tried other palettes that are more affordable and better quality, I can now give my honest review on this love it/or hate it palette. Unfortunately this brand and eye shadow line fell short due to the following:

1. Expensive price
2. Major fallout during application (those reviews telling readers there is no fallout - LIES!!! You have been warned).
3. Eyeshadow does not blend well (looks muddy when blending shades together).

I would not recommend this palette to beginners due to the price and the way it blends. However, what I did like about it was the brush that it came with, a sample of the eyeshadow primer, and the fact that Urban Decay is against animal testing and cruelty free.

Would I purchase this palette again? No (without hesitation).

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.

on 11/23/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't like this palette. It was super basic. Extremely dupable. The colors were hard pressed. I will be returning. I prefer my TF Chocolate Bar Palettes and ABH Palettes to this

on 8/28/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To be fair I had found Too Faced before I even came across Urban Decay's Naked palettes and Kat Von D after. What's sad for me is after using KVD and TF I can't seem to fall in love with any of the UD palettes.

The colours in the original are better than UD3 but there are too many shimmers and so you can't use this independently. I also find that the colours don't translate on the eyelids as pigmented as I would like, and so I have to try and put in multiple layers which I just don't have time for.

It may be personal preference, but when I play around with these and compare them with other highend palettes, I notice the lack of luster in the colours and the extensive fall out (which makes me feel like I'm wasting product).

With so many others to compete with, unfortunately I just don't want to reach for these shadows as often.

on 4/7/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Of course I have nothing bad to say about this palette - it's perfect EXCEPT I wish it had one or two matte neutral shades like Naked 2-3. The shadows in this are super pigmented, buttery and easy to work with. it's SO versatile and goes with any eye color. I love it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The shadows are fine, too much fall out and not as pigmented as I hoped for. I prefer the balm nude dude to this any day

on 1/8/2016 5:05:00 PM

Love this palette!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

In love with this. An old product but it will always be a classic! Comes with a range of warm neutral shades, perfect for any skin tone and anyone starting off with makeup. The eyeshadows are so wonderfully creamy and buttery- a dream to blend. Endless colour combinations, can be worn during the daytime through nighttime. The shadows are generally long-wearing, but I personally always use a primer. I have had this palette for around half a year now and I have not hit pan, considering how much I use it! A downside would be the shimmery shades having quite a bit of fall out, but if applied carefully and dabbed rather than sweeped- there should be very little to none. Also comes with a handy double sided brush, sampled of UD's Primer Potion (in different shades and types) and mirror in the palette which is another reason why this would be a great purchase for someone starting off with makeup. Pricey at 44 (price it was when I bought it) but worth the price considering the quality and longevity.

Favourite shades:
-Buck (matte)
-Smog (shimmer)
-Hustle (satin)

PROS:
-easy to blend shadows
-endless combinations for any makeup look
-comes with a double sided eye brush
-lasts for a long time

CONS:
-fall out if not applied carefully
-pricey
-would love if there were more matte shadows

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

well... to be honest this product is a must have. It have most of the color that you need and it also easy for you to carry when you are traveling. In addition, the color is also pops out even though I have an Asian medium tan skin color. They also come with a very useful eyeshadow blush.

a bit of downside is this not last very long if you have an oily eye lid like me. However, I use a too faced eye primer and I think it's kinda solve the problem.

hence, I think i will buy this product again.