Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think it needs more matte colors, too much glitter. it's good for formal dance looks or parties, but day to day is too overwhelming.

on 3/1/2017 2:13:00 PM

My 100th review, omg! Figured I would make it about my first ever HE palette! I first got the naked palette when it initially came out, I think I was 16. I was soo excited and loved it. I still have the same one (i know makeup expires, but this was almost $60 lol, i'm not tossing it until there's nothing left) but honestly, there's only a few shades I use. And I think it's the same shades I used back then, too. I love virgin-buck. I use naked or a mix of naked and buck very often in my crease for my everyday work makeup. I have hit pan on naked and plan to buy a single when it's out. I like buck but sometimes it leans a little too warm on me. Virgin I hit pan on a long time ago, and I think I read that the highlight in the wnw walking on eggshells was a dupe, so i've been buying that for years and using that on my brow bone. Still love virgin, though, and still have some left. Sin i've only used a few times, but need to use more because it would be a pretty lid shade, pinky champagne color. Sidecar i've used a few times as a crease or lid color, gunmetal only a handful of times but it's so cool, it's a slate grey with glitter and a tiny hint of blue, I like to use this typically on the lower lash line if I use it. I'm not a fan of gold, I was when I was younger so I may have used half baked/smog more then, and I think I may have used half baked one year for Halloween but these 2 go relatively untouched. Tbh don't think i've ever used toasted/hustle. Not sure why, so maybe I should try them because they look pretty. They seem kind of purple to me, which I don't usually wear, but looking online they look more champagne and bronze. Idk. Need to try them lol. Overall I see this more of a warm palette w/ a few cool tones thrown in, but I do really love it. Love all the naked palettes from UD, smart move on their part. I'm glad I have this in my collection and got it when it first came out. I will definitely purchase singles of certain things when I run out of them. Will I repurchase again? Maybe. I can't really say because at this point, there's so many things out there but this is nice. Especially for beginners or if you like more warm/bronzey looks.

When I first got this, it was all I used. Then I started getting other palettes and realized I'm not much of a fan. I liked the primer potion sample, but that's long gone. I've had this for about 5-6 years and I just don't reach for it anymore. It feels very outdated and I have palettes that perform far better. The shimmers have (maybe had, I could have an older version) a lot of fallout, I always end up with glitter under my eyes when I use this, but when I use my ammo palette, I have no problem with fallout. I don't want to get rid of it because it was one of my first palettes but it doesn't do much for me. also the brush is crap, I never reach for that either.

on 12/5/2016 4:36:00 PM

This is a very nice, well-curated palette. I'm just not sure it's worth the unbelievable hype surrounding it. I have several palettes that are more exciting and more versatile and just as high quality. And more affordable. That said, this palette is beautiful. The shadows are of undeniable quality and pigmentation. They are extremely blendable and smooth, easy to work with, and creating looks is simple because, being neutral, they all complement each other so well. In that sense, this is a no-brainer, great for beginners (if they can afford it). However, this palette is also very shimmery. There are only two matte shades. It could benefit from a deep, dark matte shade to deepen the crease/outer-v, and to line with. I have partially hooded eyes naturally, so I don't benefit a lot from tones of shimmer. Gals and guys with hooded or partially hooded eyes should be aware.

I think when this palette came out, it was unique and very exciting. Since then, hundreds of beautiful, wonderful palettes have come on the market, some at great prices, and I'm not sure the Naked palette is as essential as it once was. I'm glad I got it, but I don't think I was missing too much without it. I'll pull it out on days that I need a nice eye look, but don't want to think too much about it or spend a lot of time on it. At the end of the day, it is over-priced and over-hyped, but certainly a wonderful product.

I think if I ever run out of any of these shadows, I'll probably get a high quality dupe from an affordable brand instead of getting this expensive palette again.

on 10/14/2016 10:57:00 AM

The only thing keeping me from re-purchasing this, is theres only one light color. And its not even that light. I need some light cream colors for my lid. Otherwise the quality is amazing.

on 7/24/2016 12:45:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while now and it's still my go to for daily use. The shades are all wearable, either as shadow or liner, and the quality is lovely. My everyday look at the moment is Naked on the lid, Buck in the crease, Virgin as a brow bone highlight, and Darkhorse as a subtle liner. If I want to add more dimension or shimmer, I'll put a little Sin or Sidecar in the centre of the lid. I will say that sidecar is better off used wet and with tissue paper under the eye as it does tend to have some glitter fallout.
For a quick look, Toasted is beautiful as a standalone shade.

Even though I use this palette regularly and have been for some time now, I have yet to hit pan. It may seem expensive but it's worth it for the amount of good quality product you get.

The only complaint I have is the flocked outer packaging. Dirt and dust cling to it and the lettering rubs off easily when you try to clean it. It does look nice though.

All that said, I won't repurchase when I'm done with this. It's been wonderful, but a girl can only use the same 12 shadows for so long!

on 7/23/2016 5:16:00 AM

The pigmentation in this is fantastic and lasts the entire day. There are mattes and shimmers, and to be honest the gold and toasted shades are just so so divine that I would have purchased the entire palette just for those two colours.

Price wise, it was exy. More expensive because I bought it off Mecca who rip off their customers, The US users get a better deal for their cosmetics so I'd say it would be value for money if you bought it over there.

Anyway back to the palette. Good quality, fantastic range, and all colours that I would use day and night. Love it.

on 6/29/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great range of colours from light to dark making it great for everyday use to evening looks and everything in between! Loved the lighter colours such as sin which worked amazing in the inner corner and as a brow highlight!

The shadows however weren't quite as pigmented as expected but do have a great lasting powder even without primer!

It is a pain once you run out of a colour though as not all the shades are sold on their own and the amount you get of each shade isn't very much at all for the price, so the value for money in that respect isn't great.

HATE THE PACKAGING!! Looks lovely for about a week but gets tatty so easily, all the naked on the front has rubbed off mine and looks so dirty so easily. Doesn't stay shut like the tin ones which is really frustrating. However does have a mirror which I really like.

Don't let that put you off though as the shades and quality of them is still very high.

As an MUA I am so impressed by the quality of this product. Colors are so versatile on so many skintones, amazing color pay-off, stays in place no matter what.... I could go on and on about this, just get it, NOW!

on 3/19/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this eyeshadows. I have the Naked 2 and 3 and they are both really nice. They have a really nice consistancy and blend really well. I love that they are soooo pigmented and buildable. I actually never buy high end make up but this stuff is so worth the hype.
They do not crumble or fall down easily and with the urban decay primer which comes with the palette they really last forever.
Also I like the combination of the colors, really pretty.