Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Urban Decay NAKED

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/18/2017 2:15:00 AM

I have had this palette for over a year now and I have to say, there are much better options out there right now.

Many of the colours don't appear on my eyes or just don't look good with my skin tone (virgin and the dark shades in particular). And the only colours I enjoy are Naked, Buck, Half Baked and Toasted. If you apply too many shades it just blends into a muddy shade and I don't think they last very long on the eyes without a primer compared to my other eyeshadows (even cheaper alternatives like Colourpop or Zoeva).

So if you don't love every shade in this palette I would give it a pass for sure.

I feel like I would've loved this palette so much more if I have gotten it when it first came out, and Urban Decay produced one of the first consistent quality eyeshadow palette that's for every day look.

I just got the palette two weeks ago. I was so excited but the more I play with it the more I just thought "meh". I feel like that all the other brands have really caught up and have become super competitive in both quality and prices in their palettes and this cult classic no longer impresses me. Don't get me wrong it is a nice palette for your everyday natural look, but I feel like I can get the same look with my ELF and Wet n Wild eye shadows. The shades are pretty but not unique whatsoever and I have gotten used to more buttery formula than it.

I'm glad I tried it out but I won't really recommend. Especially at this price point. Drugstore is the way to go.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is really pigmented & color range is just lovely. Great for daily use or makeup beginners.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My top overrated makeup palette. All the colors are decent, but not spectacular in any way. The shadows aren't too blendable and there are sooo many cheaper drugstore alternatives to this palette that are equal or superior to this one.

Save your money!

on 4/23/2016 11:05:00 AM

This product has been out for like ages but i never got down to purchasing it because i couldn't understand what the hype was about. Now i do :)

Pros:
+ very versatile
+ wearable colours, suitable for everyday use
+ great for daytime, nighttime looks
+ extremely pigmented, one swatch is all you need
+ texture is smooth & buttery
+ a little goes a long way
+ very long lasting, esp when you use a primer (i recommend using their primer, i gave a review and is highly raved, my HG now when i wear eyeshadows)

Cons:
- price (considered mid range for me i guess, however you get the quality for the price you get)
- not enough matte, transition shadows

I actually purchased the Naked 3 palette first before buying this, and deciding that this original palette is 100x better. This is NOT to say that naked 3 sucks, the rose gold tones are great and the quality is the same, however i realise i don't use those soft rose gold eyeshadows as much as this.

If you're the neutral colour type and prefer wearing more browns then this is the palette for you, no doubt. I haven't tried naked 2, but based on the swatches i see on reviews alone, i would much prefer this palette a lot more.

I have cool undertones, so the pop of blue in this palette actually suited me a lot more. I like it very much, and would wear it for a girls' night out! The pop of colour, yet its not those loud, vibrant, neon vibe when i wear it.

I do wish that they had a bit more matte shadows as a transition shade. So far this palette only has two, either light taupe brown or a slightly darker brown. The rest of the shades are shimmery. If they had more matte shades i feel that it would be even better to act as transition shades and create more wearable looks. Its the same for the other naked series. 2 &3 only has a few matte shades too.

The price is expensive. However you pay for the quality you get, so i can look past that. I don't think this palette can be used up that fast since the colours are extremely pigmented. And i hope they never discontinue it because it is almost like a staple for every girl's collection. Would definitely repurchase!

If you're new to makeup, get this. You won't be disappointed. If you're very familiar with UD line, then you know this is your HG! Hope this review helps!

I really like the shades that the palette offers & how there is a mix of both glitter & matte eyeshadows. It is a little on the pricey side, but the pigments are great & lasts me the whole day. I don't need to get a separate bronzer & highlighter as I can just substitute it with similar shades from the palette. I do wish it were a little more compact so I can easily bring it with me on the go in my makeup pouch.

on 12/20/2015 9:06:00 AM

Good pigmentation but very powdery and has lots of fall out.
Perhaps I'm not used to such soft shadows but my eyes blend into a muddy mess overtime I use this and the colours become the same on my eyes.
For the price and infamy of this product, I expected much much more.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this pallet for a while. My mom bought it for me as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago. I can't believe I've never done a review. The only color I've hit pan on is the one called "Virgin" because I use that one on my brow bone all the time. These colors are highly pigmented and some of them have glitter. I really love this pallet and I'll try to use most of them up before buying another version of the Naked pallets from UD. There's so many to choose from now! I use the colors "Naked" "Half Baked" and "Side Car" very often. I also use "Creep" as my eyeliner sometimes when I don't feel like applying actual eyeliner. This is worth the money, I believe and I still have the full-sized flat brush it came with. If I recall correctly, it came with a travel size sample of the famous UD primer potion (which I adore). I'd recommend this pallet, especially if you like neutral, shimmery colors.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

well... to be honest this product is a must have. It have most of the color that you need and it also easy for you to carry when you are traveling. In addition, the color is also pops out even though I have an Asian medium tan skin color. They also come with a very useful eyeshadow blush.

a bit of downside is this not last very long if you have an oily eye lid like me. However, I use a too faced eye primer and I think it's kinda solve the problem.

hence, I think i will buy this product again.

on 2/12/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very useful palette. It has an awesome range of light to dark shades, mostly in the bronze range of shades that pretty much every skin tone can wear. My favorite shade is sidecar, which is great blended with other shades or a standalone. This has a lot of shimmer, which people seem to hate but I love it because I dislike mattes. I don't understand why anyone would buy a primarily shimmery palette if they wanted matte shades... and then complain about it. The only complaint I have about this palette is that the eyeshadows tend to crumble and have quite a bit of falllout, as most of Urban Decay's powders do. But all in all, the textures are smooth and pigmented. I love it and recommend.