Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/18/2017 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this since it came out! It has lasted me all these years.. but i dont use it on regular basis only special occasions..would I repurchase this No! I only bought it because of all the positive reviews and the hype. But there are much better options with half the price and the eyeshadow causes alot of fallouts! Every single one of it! And after application it makes the eyes look muddy!

on 11/18/2017 2:15:00 AM

I have had this palette for over a year now and I have to say, there are much better options out there right now.

Many of the colours don't appear on my eyes or just don't look good with my skin tone (virgin and the dark shades in particular). And the only colours I enjoy are Naked, Buck, Half Baked and Toasted. If you apply too many shades it just blends into a muddy shade and I don't think they last very long on the eyes without a primer compared to my other eyeshadows (even cheaper alternatives like Colourpop or Zoeva).

So if you don't love every shade in this palette I would give it a pass for sure.

I feel like I would've loved this palette so much more if I have gotten it when it first came out, and Urban Decay produced one of the first consistent quality eyeshadow palette that's for every day look.

I just got the palette two weeks ago. I was so excited but the more I play with it the more I just thought "meh". I feel like that all the other brands have really caught up and have become super competitive in both quality and prices in their palettes and this cult classic no longer impresses me. Don't get me wrong it is a nice palette for your everyday natural look, but I feel like I can get the same look with my ELF and Wet n Wild eye shadows. The shades are pretty but not unique whatsoever and I have gotten used to more buttery formula than it.

I'm glad I tried it out but I won't really recommend. Especially at this price point. Drugstore is the way to go.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok so I have all 4 palettes and I'll break them down, the naked numbered palettes are more natural colours than other palettes I own:
The naked palette is like taupey browns and golds. The mirror on this palette is the smallest but I like this packaging the most as it's fuzzy. The pigment is really good on the shimmer shades and on the mattes they aren't my favourite but still pretty good. I prefer the texture of the shimmers over the mattes. The brush that comes with the palette is also nice and I do use it.

Naked 2 is my favourite palette, the shade range is similar to THE naked palette but I like the rose gold shade and the overall shade range of the palette. The mirror is bigger but the brush that comes with the palette is the same. The shimmers are amazing. The mattes feel a little less chalky but still lack that BAM pigment. I would say there's more grey/ silver colours in this palette than the naked

Naked 3 I had high hopes but fell short. The shades are gorgeous but LACK the pigment or the texture, they're grainy and chalky. The mirror is the same to the naked 2 palette and the brush is the same. The shimmers in this palette are a little chunkier and less finely milled and buttery so there is that and the shades BUZZ and TRICK are the worst shades in the palette by far. The second half of the palette has the usual UD quality though and have really good pigment. I believe there is only a few mattes in this palette compared to the other palettes

Naked smokey is very different and had very different shades to the other palettes. The mirror is the same as the naked 2 and 3 palettes but the brush is different. The bristles one side are longer and on the other side almost like blending under eye brush for that smoky look. The pigment is insane in this palette and the best by far but I don't love the shade range and I don't really use it. The first 2 shades are golden and really nice and the others are like dark purples, gun metal greys and bluey greys with a brown and white for dimension. The black in this palette is actually slightly had a sheen to it too. I think if you love dramatic eyes get this palette. The formula is the best and the brush is the best one. Also the packaging is sleek and very distinctive.
To conclude: steer away from naked 3. The palettes are around £40 each and each come with primer potion and I think something else like a lipgloss or something so that's a bonus too (they are tester though)
They are cult but they aren't my fav palettes anymore. But that's just my opinion. I've moved more onto warm toned eyeshadows more but none the less they were my starting palettes and hold a dear place in my heart. I think the palettes are subjective to opionion and I think try them instore to see if they're for you.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off I admit that I bought this product because of all the YouTube hype and it's probably a product I wouldn't have given a second glance if not for the hype (yes, I've now learned my lesson and won't be doing that again!). After hearing over and over how sooo versatile this product is and how it's such a must have for any makeup lover I finally caved in and coughed up the $80AUD (gasp!) and bought the original Naked Palette.

Now I personally don't notice the glitter fallout issues others have mentioned and overall I guess the quality is ok - however versatile it is not. First off the colour payoff, while better than most low end eyeshadow is still not what I was expecting for such an exorbitant price. And then too many of the shades come out extremely similar on my eyes even though they look different in the pan and in swatches; the colours mush together on the eyes far too easily. By comparison my Chocolate Bar palettes (which I love) may have a lot of browns, but they are clearly all different browns. The result is whatever look I try to create with Naked just ends up looking the same - a conservative, neutral, slightly smoky 'naked' eye - and believe me I really tried to make it work, because I wanted to justify spending that $80. But I just don't do that particular neutral eye look often enough to justify the price (nothing against that look, but I have deep set and rather close set eyes and that look does nothing for me). When I do do a neutral eye, I find myself reaching for my Sleek Storm palette (also a neutral toned palette, but with a few vibrant jewel tones) far more often, and that cost me a quarter of the price. I understand that Naked was considered revolutionary when it first launched, but I can't help but feel that all the individual shades in it I have seen 100 times before, even long before 2010, making this palette very easily dupable. The only shade that particularly stands out for me is 'Buck'.

I would recommend this product if you are a big fan of the conservative, neutral, 'contoured eye' look and this is the look you do everyday and you can imagine yourself hitting pan. I'm not dissing Naked - I can understand why certain people would love it and the quality is decent. But if you love to experiment with your look, skip this and buy a dupe. Save your money and buy a more unique, less dupe-able high end palette instead. For other Australians out there - ChiChi does a fantastic Naked dupe called Nudes. Although admittedly the quality of the ChiChi isn't as quite as good as the Naked palette, you can get the same identical 'Naked' look using it over one of NYX's eye bases. You can get both the ChiChi and the Sleek palettes from Target.

on 3/1/2017 2:13:00 PM

My 100th review, omg! Figured I would make it about my first ever HE palette! I first got the naked palette when it initially came out, I think I was 16. I was soo excited and loved it. I still have the same one (i know makeup expires, but this was almost $60 lol, i'm not tossing it until there's nothing left) but honestly, there's only a few shades I use. And I think it's the same shades I used back then, too. I love virgin-buck. I use naked or a mix of naked and buck very often in my crease for my everyday work makeup. I have hit pan on naked and plan to buy a single when it's out. I like buck but sometimes it leans a little too warm on me. Virgin I hit pan on a long time ago, and I think I read that the highlight in the wnw walking on eggshells was a dupe, so i've been buying that for years and using that on my brow bone. Still love virgin, though, and still have some left. Sin i've only used a few times, but need to use more because it would be a pretty lid shade, pinky champagne color. Sidecar i've used a few times as a crease or lid color, gunmetal only a handful of times but it's so cool, it's a slate grey with glitter and a tiny hint of blue, I like to use this typically on the lower lash line if I use it. I'm not a fan of gold, I was when I was younger so I may have used half baked/smog more then, and I think I may have used half baked one year for Halloween but these 2 go relatively untouched. Tbh don't think i've ever used toasted/hustle. Not sure why, so maybe I should try them because they look pretty. They seem kind of purple to me, which I don't usually wear, but looking online they look more champagne and bronze. Idk. Need to try them lol. Overall I see this more of a warm palette w/ a few cool tones thrown in, but I do really love it. Love all the naked palettes from UD, smart move on their part. I'm glad I have this in my collection and got it when it first came out. I will definitely purchase singles of certain things when I run out of them. Will I repurchase again? Maybe. I can't really say because at this point, there's so many things out there but this is nice. Especially for beginners or if you like more warm/bronzey looks.

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.

I've always been a fan of pre-made eyeshadow palettes, since I'm far too lazy to create my own. The Naked palette is one of my favorites. It's a bunch of gorgeous warm shades, with great pigmentation and an amazing formula. Some of my favorite shades in the palette are half-baked, toasted, and sidecar. The packaging is a bit of an annoyance, but otherwise I enjoy the palette.

Another palette I'm surprised I haven't reviewed yet!

Naked 1 is one of the most popular neutral palettes on the market. It's a starter palette for many people getting into makeup and a staple product for many makeup lovers. This was my second more expensive palette (the original Too Faced Natural eyes palette was my first). I've had this and used this for years now. I have pan on a couple shades. Naked 1 has strong pigmentation and stays on all day.

I use Virgin (good inner corner highlight)
Sin (pink champagne)
Naked (light matte brown)
Buck (very warm matte brown)
Half baked (metallic gold)
Smog (mid tone bronze)
and Dark horse(dark shimmery brown) regularly.
My favorites are Naked and Half baked.

My biggest con with this palette is that I don't use all the shades. I neglect sidecar (which is a glittery) and the last four shades- toasted, hustle, creep and gunmetal. That’s 5 out of 12 I’m not using. Almost half the palette.

I feel like gunmetal was a weird choice to put in this palette. One shimmery, cool dark grey with a bunch of warm toned browns? I suppose it could work with creep for a smoky look...but I would want a lighter grey or silver to do more of a gradient smoky eye. So I do not like gunmetal in this palette. I also think creep should have been replaced by a dark matte black. I do use this color to darken the outer v or set liner.
In addition it's worth noting there is not a matte brow bone color. The only two mattes are Naked and buck.

I like this palette. I've been using it more lately as it's one of my older palettes. I have low-key thought about doing a pan that palette with this but that's a big undertaking. From using this daily for a while I can't say confidently that I would repurchase. I have other neutral palettes that have similar colors. I do like this palette overall and the looks I get with it.

Do you need it? Depends on how important mattes are to you and what colors you are looking for. Swatch in store if you can to really get an idea if it's for you.

on 7/24/2016 12:45:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while now and it's still my go to for daily use. The shades are all wearable, either as shadow or liner, and the quality is lovely. My everyday look at the moment is Naked on the lid, Buck in the crease, Virgin as a brow bone highlight, and Darkhorse as a subtle liner. If I want to add more dimension or shimmer, I'll put a little Sin or Sidecar in the centre of the lid. I will say that sidecar is better off used wet and with tissue paper under the eye as it does tend to have some glitter fallout.
For a quick look, Toasted is beautiful as a standalone shade.

Even though I use this palette regularly and have been for some time now, I have yet to hit pan. It may seem expensive but it's worth it for the amount of good quality product you get.

The only complaint I have is the flocked outer packaging. Dirt and dust cling to it and the lettering rubs off easily when you try to clean it. It does look nice though.

All that said, I won't repurchase when I'm done with this. It's been wonderful, but a girl can only use the same 12 shadows for so long!