Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/25/2017 6:55:00 AM

This was my first eyeshadow pallette that I bought years ago and it still is worth every penny. I have used this pallette almost everyday for about 3 years and there is still plenty left. (I have dropped it a couple of times so a few are broken) It is a bit pricey, but it lasts ages. It has great pigmentation and barely any fallout (looking at you, Naked2).The packaging isn't that great because the velvet gets dirty easily, But overall, great neutral palette with light and dark shades with matte and shimmery colors that lasts all day with the primer. Never regretted buying it and it is my go to pallette!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.

on 12/17/2016 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Waffled a bit over whether this is a 4 or 5 for me, but went 5 as honestly I find it very easy to use and reach for it quite often in the morning, it's one of my go-tos. My biggest issues with the palette are the flocked velvet covering (it gets a bit gross and a lot of the gold foil text has worn off, I feel like the metal tin packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 palettes is so much nicer and I don't know why they didn't change this one to match when those were released) and the colour selection. I do feel like there are definitely some shades I would have liked to see included, and there are some shades I don't like or use as much... but honestly I could say the same for just about any palette and I already have those other shades I want in other singles and palettes so it's not a dealbreaker for me. Even if I don't use every shade it comes out roughly even price wise vs buying singles if I only like 3 shades, and a good deal if I like 4 or more so while it's not a cheap palette I do think it's very reasonable compared to their singles (and if you really love and use up one or two shades most of these are now permanently available in their singles line). I would say there are only 2 shades in this palette that I really don't use - Sidecar (which has glitter fallout) and Gunmetal (which just isn't a shade I reach for in general, not sure why they put a cool gunmetal shade in an otherwise very warm palette) and of the others some get used more than others but they all do get used. I can't complain about the quality of the eyeshadows and there are some beautiful colours in the palette. The included double ended brush isn't terrible but I only really reach for it if the rest of my brushes are dirty. I can understand why they include a brush but if I threw it out I wouldn't miss it. Is the palette overhyped? Probably - it's nothing groundbreaking or life changing. But I can certainly see why it's so popular, it's a solid palette with some beautiful eyeshadows that are very wearable for everyday.

I think this is a nice palette if you want a neutral look, especially for warm tones. When I first received this I wouldn't stop using it. Now, I don't reach for it often, and when I do, I only use 5 colors. The other colors just don't appeal to me, and I find these shadows tend to crease on me, even with primer, after 8 hours. It works fine for a normal day for me, but I prefer other formulas and colors.

on 11/23/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't like this palette. It was super basic. Extremely dupable. The colors were hard pressed. I will be returning. I prefer my TF Chocolate Bar Palettes and ABH Palettes to this

on 8/28/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To be fair I had found Too Faced before I even came across Urban Decay's Naked palettes and Kat Von D after. What's sad for me is after using KVD and TF I can't seem to fall in love with any of the UD palettes.

The colours in the original are better than UD3 but there are too many shimmers and so you can't use this independently. I also find that the colours don't translate on the eyelids as pigmented as I would like, and so I have to try and put in multiple layers which I just don't have time for.

It may be personal preference, but when I play around with these and compare them with other highend palettes, I notice the lack of luster in the colours and the extensive fall out (which makes me feel like I'm wasting product).

With so many others to compete with, unfortunately I just don't want to reach for these shadows as often.

on 7/9/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love my NAKED, but I think I bought it mostly for the hype!

There are beautiful colors, and they're great for work and play. For those who have seen the swatches, you will realise there are mostly shimmer colors with very little mattes.

Also, I have realised AFTER I bought it that the colors are very WARM. I have a neutral skin tone, and some of the shadows don't suit me. I have heard that NAKED2 is better for those with COOLer skin tones.

Overall, the shadows seem quite buttery. It blends well. The colors are vibrant and it has a great longevity with primer (I use UD also). Depending on the shade, some do have a lot of fallout. Just remember to tap your brush.

The best bit of the palette was actually the brush. It's a nice addition to my collection.

Overall, it's a bit pricey at $83. For those new to make up, I would recommend buying a dupe (eg. ChiChi Nudes are very similar, at $23). For those who have more money to spend and want better quality/pigmentation, Naked is a great buy.

on 1/31/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this for Christmas and omg I absolutely love the colours in this even tho I don't find them as pigmented as I'd like them to be.
I find that when you blend the shadow all of it just disappears and since the pigmentation isn't s good as some of my other shadows to start with this made me really disappointed.

on 12/11/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

LOVE this palette!! I couldn't find the specific heading for the Naked 1 palette, the brown velvet one... Anyways I have blue eyes, a warm skin tone, and blonde hair. I pretty well love all of the shades in this palette, the only one I am not a huge fan of is the warm green toned one because I find it makes my blue eyes look dull. Love the Urban Decay eyeshadows because they don't irritate my skin either, so no more puffy eyelids and red eyes!

on 11/25/2015 9:14:00 AM

Beautiful smooth and frosty colors.blends well. Loved this. Be careful of all the replicas out there, buy genuine at a noted store.
My cousing bought one on an auction site used unaware of the replica ended up with an eye infection.
The overseas replica products are dangerous be careful and buy genuine for eye safety.