Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/18/2017 2:15:00 AM

I have had this palette for over a year now and I have to say, there are much better options out there right now.

Many of the colours don't appear on my eyes or just don't look good with my skin tone (virgin and the dark shades in particular). And the only colours I enjoy are Naked, Buck, Half Baked and Toasted. If you apply too many shades it just blends into a muddy shade and I don't think they last very long on the eyes without a primer compared to my other eyeshadows (even cheaper alternatives like Colourpop or Zoeva).

So if you don't love every shade in this palette I would give it a pass for sure.

on 10/15/2017 3:07:00 PM

i love this palette so incredibly much.
the pigments are incredible, the colors are breathtaking and the packaging is a mix of a soft velvety cover and the name in a striking gold. a little goes a long way with this palette and the brush it comes with is excellent quality. my only issue with this palette is that its most definitely geared towards those on the paler side of life, meaning that people of colour might not find this palette suits them very well as a friend of mine found.

so to conclude, for people who are somewhat pale like me, this palette is incredible and i would absolutely recommend it, the price is well worth the product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok so I have all 4 palettes and I'll break them down, the naked numbered palettes are more natural colours than other palettes I own:
The naked palette is like taupey browns and golds. The mirror on this palette is the smallest but I like this packaging the most as it's fuzzy. The pigment is really good on the shimmer shades and on the mattes they aren't my favourite but still pretty good. I prefer the texture of the shimmers over the mattes. The brush that comes with the palette is also nice and I do use it.

Naked 2 is my favourite palette, the shade range is similar to THE naked palette but I like the rose gold shade and the overall shade range of the palette. The mirror is bigger but the brush that comes with the palette is the same. The shimmers are amazing. The mattes feel a little less chalky but still lack that BAM pigment. I would say there's more grey/ silver colours in this palette than the naked

Naked 3 I had high hopes but fell short. The shades are gorgeous but LACK the pigment or the texture, they're grainy and chalky. The mirror is the same to the naked 2 palette and the brush is the same. The shimmers in this palette are a little chunkier and less finely milled and buttery so there is that and the shades BUZZ and TRICK are the worst shades in the palette by far. The second half of the palette has the usual UD quality though and have really good pigment. I believe there is only a few mattes in this palette compared to the other palettes

Naked smokey is very different and had very different shades to the other palettes. The mirror is the same as the naked 2 and 3 palettes but the brush is different. The bristles one side are longer and on the other side almost like blending under eye brush for that smoky look. The pigment is insane in this palette and the best by far but I don't love the shade range and I don't really use it. The first 2 shades are golden and really nice and the others are like dark purples, gun metal greys and bluey greys with a brown and white for dimension. The black in this palette is actually slightly had a sheen to it too. I think if you love dramatic eyes get this palette. The formula is the best and the brush is the best one. Also the packaging is sleek and very distinctive.
To conclude: steer away from naked 3. The palettes are around £40 each and each come with primer potion and I think something else like a lipgloss or something so that's a bonus too (they are tester though)
They are cult but they aren't my fav palettes anymore. But that's just my opinion. I've moved more onto warm toned eyeshadows more but none the less they were my starting palettes and hold a dear place in my heart. I think the palettes are subjective to opionion and I think try them instore to see if they're for you.

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!

on 6/24/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not get it... all these positive rankings for a pallette that contains a lot of shimmer and glitter (fall out guaranteed-eyeshadow ends up all over my face) but does not stand the test of being buildable, staying in place, being a good mixture of mat and shimmery. Did not finish (hardly used it) and threw it away.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is really pigmented & color range is just lovely. Great for daily use or makeup beginners.

I have all of the Naked palettes, which is why I don't think I'm totally in love with this one. The best value i get from it is taking it along when I travel and don't want to take my larger custom MAC palettes. This is the best benefit of each of the Naked palettes (besides Smoky, which is actually just great for any night out, at home or away). This is nothing special but if you're looking for basic colours for every use (highlighting, defining, crease, even lining) this is good for you. I don't love the brush - the blending side is great but the other side is nothing special.

on 6/14/2017 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the shades, but the colors are not that pigmented. The blue is really gray, and the glitters in general are not good. You would definitely need to layer all the shadows unless you like a subtle eyeshadow. Quite a bit fall-out from the palette, but luckily not while on the eyes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off I admit that I bought this product because of all the YouTube hype and it's probably a product I wouldn't have given a second glance if not for the hype (yes, I've now learned my lesson and won't be doing that again!). After hearing over and over how sooo versatile this product is and how it's such a must have for any makeup lover I finally caved in and coughed up the $80AUD (gasp!) and bought the original Naked Palette.

Now I personally don't notice the glitter fallout issues others have mentioned and overall I guess the quality is ok - however versatile it is not. First off the colour payoff, while better than most low end eyeshadow is still not what I was expecting for such an exorbitant price. And then too many of the shades come out extremely similar on my eyes even though they look different in the pan and in swatches; the colours mush together on the eyes far too easily. By comparison my Chocolate Bar palettes (which I love) may have a lot of browns, but they are clearly all different browns. The result is whatever look I try to create with Naked just ends up looking the same - a conservative, neutral, slightly smoky 'naked' eye - and believe me I really tried to make it work, because I wanted to justify spending that $80. But I just don't do that particular neutral eye look often enough to justify the price (nothing against that look, but I have deep set and rather close set eyes and that look does nothing for me). When I do do a neutral eye, I find myself reaching for my Sleek Storm palette (also a neutral toned palette, but with a few vibrant jewel tones) far more often, and that cost me a quarter of the price. I understand that Naked was considered revolutionary when it first launched, but I can't help but feel that all the individual shades in it I have seen 100 times before, even long before 2010, making this palette very easily dupable. The only shade that particularly stands out for me is 'Buck'.

I would recommend this product if you are a big fan of the conservative, neutral, 'contoured eye' look and this is the look you do everyday and you can imagine yourself hitting pan. I'm not dissing Naked - I can understand why certain people would love it and the quality is decent. But if you love to experiment with your look, skip this and buy a dupe. Save your money and buy a more unique, less dupe-able high end palette instead. For other Australians out there - ChiChi does a fantastic Naked dupe called Nudes. Although admittedly the quality of the ChiChi isn't as quite as good as the Naked palette, you can get the same identical 'Naked' look using it over one of NYX's eye bases. You can get both the ChiChi and the Sleek palettes from Target.

on 4/30/2017 2:15:00 PM

I got this palette a while ago, sometimes in 2011???

I wanted to love this palette as much as the rest of the world did and I hate to admit that the formula of these shadows did not impress me. The matte ones are fine, very creamy, very easy to blend, perfect as transition shades.

Problems start with the shimmery ones, they are very pretty to look at, but a nightmare to work with. They are creamy and pigmented of course, but they tend to get all over the place, they do crease big time, darker shades have major fallouts, shimmers are too shimmery, they are not long lasting, they wont stay put (I was an avid user of their eye primer potion, I used their primer with their shadows... ugh...) I give up.

The palette has been resting peacefully in my drawer, it's still there but I haven't touched it in years. So I never bought any palettes from UD again.