Urban Decay NAKED [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay NAKED  [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this pallet and get tons of use out of it, which - ironically- is why I can understand other people’s dislike. I use two colors at most on my lids at a time, and there’s a solid chance that the second color is there as a liner - hence I wouldn’t know about the blendability issues. My job requires very conservative, low key clothes and makeup, so I’m happy with their pigmentation strength being what it is (definitely noticeable, but not like I took a marker in that color and drew it on). The very fact that this is exactly the kind of pallet that fits into my life is probably why other people here are underwhelmed. I feel very pretty and polished when I do up my eyes with these shades, so the original Naked pallet has been a good sidekick to me over the years. But styles change and I can see the logic in discontinuing it for something more up to date. Hail to the king, baby.

1 star for the brand which decided to discontinue this eyeshadow palette, 5 stars for the product. And to those saying no one should wear this palette on their eyes: Why should we listen to you? It's our decision, our face and body and if we think those colors suit us, then leave us alone and keep your opinions in your mind. I've seen many girls (and boys) who adore this palette, no matter what skin color, they all looked awesome. (Maybe you don't like the palette and wanted to bash it through your negative review, that's ok, but it's not ok to tell everybody to stop wearing it just because you don't like these colors and shimmers.) I bought a backup of this palette because I know I would miss it dearly if it's empty.

I love this eyeshadow palette. The brush that comes with it works really nicely.

The product lasts well, even without primer. There are a couple of shades I probably won't use but I'm happy with the 10 that I really love.

I'm not a fan of the furry packaging, it always looks dusty and old.

on 7/20/2018 12:38:00 PM

What can I say about the NAKED OG? I love it- I'm a fan of neutral shades so I love the NAKED palettes. I currently own them all including Smokey and Heat, proving that I am willing to shell out the $ for such a great product. The diversity of colors make it easy to create different looks. I also like to mix and match with my other palettes too. The cosistancy is smooth, pigminted and has great staying power- especially when paired with UD primer potions. The brush included in each palette is also very good. These shadows are worth every penny!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After so many years I finally splurged and purchased the Naked palette. I can't say I was too impressed because I ended up returning it. It is a LOVELY palette - don't get me wrong. The shades are lovely. But my problem with the palette was that it only has 2 matte shades. I'm one that likes to put a nice light cream shadow all over my lid before the rest of the shades and this was missing in this palette. Secondly, I never use black or silver eyeshadows. Overall, this palette is good for someone who loves shimmery eyeshadows. I will purchase the Chocolate Bar palette intsead.

on 1/19/2018 11:15:00 AM

Hello pigmentation! Vibrant colors, blends easily. Not a big fan of the brush that comes with, but hey it's a 'free' brush. Very nice packaging, velvet cover and has a mirror. Travel friendly size.
The price is a bit high but I've had mine for over 3 years now, and I still haven't hit pan (I don't use this pallet every day/week though).

on 11/18/2017 2:15:00 AM

I have had this palette for over a year now and I have to say, there are much better options out there right now.

Many of the colours don't appear on my eyes or just don't look good with my skin tone (virgin and the dark shades in particular). And the only colours I enjoy are Naked, Buck, Half Baked and Toasted. If you apply too many shades it just blends into a muddy shade and I don't think they last very long on the eyes without a primer compared to my other eyeshadows (even cheaper alternatives like Colourpop or Zoeva).

So if you don't love every shade in this palette I would give it a pass for sure.

on 10/15/2017 3:07:00 PM

i love this palette so incredibly much.
the pigments are incredible, the colors are breathtaking and the packaging is a mix of a soft velvety cover and the name in a striking gold. a little goes a long way with this palette and the brush it comes with is excellent quality. my only issue with this palette is that its most definitely geared towards those on the paler side of life, meaning that people of colour might not find this palette suits them very well as a friend of mine found.

so to conclude, for people who are somewhat pale like me, this palette is incredible and i would absolutely recommend it, the price is well worth the product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok so I have all 4 palettes and I'll break them down, the naked numbered palettes are more natural colours than other palettes I own:
The naked palette is like taupey browns and golds. The mirror on this palette is the smallest but I like this packaging the most as it's fuzzy. The pigment is really good on the shimmer shades and on the mattes they aren't my favourite but still pretty good. I prefer the texture of the shimmers over the mattes. The brush that comes with the palette is also nice and I do use it.

Naked 2 is my favourite palette, the shade range is similar to THE naked palette but I like the rose gold shade and the overall shade range of the palette. The mirror is bigger but the brush that comes with the palette is the same. The shimmers are amazing. The mattes feel a little less chalky but still lack that BAM pigment. I would say there's more grey/ silver colours in this palette than the naked

Naked 3 I had high hopes but fell short. The shades are gorgeous but LACK the pigment or the texture, they're grainy and chalky. The mirror is the same to the naked 2 palette and the brush is the same. The shimmers in this palette are a little chunkier and less finely milled and buttery so there is that and the shades BUZZ and TRICK are the worst shades in the palette by far. The second half of the palette has the usual UD quality though and have really good pigment. I believe there is only a few mattes in this palette compared to the other palettes

Naked smokey is very different and had very different shades to the other palettes. The mirror is the same as the naked 2 and 3 palettes but the brush is different. The bristles one side are longer and on the other side almost like blending under eye brush for that smoky look. The pigment is insane in this palette and the best by far but I don't love the shade range and I don't really use it. The first 2 shades are golden and really nice and the others are like dark purples, gun metal greys and bluey greys with a brown and white for dimension. The black in this palette is actually slightly had a sheen to it too. I think if you love dramatic eyes get this palette. The formula is the best and the brush is the best one. Also the packaging is sleek and very distinctive.
To conclude: steer away from naked 3. The palettes are around £40 each and each come with primer potion and I think something else like a lipgloss or something so that's a bonus too (they are tester though)
They are cult but they aren't my fav palettes anymore. But that's just my opinion. I've moved more onto warm toned eyeshadows more but none the less they were my starting palettes and hold a dear place in my heart. I think the palettes are subjective to opionion and I think try them instore to see if they're for you.

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!