Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Urban Decay NAKED

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/19/2016 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this eyeshadows. I have the Naked 2 and 3 and they are both really nice. They have a really nice consistancy and blend really well. I love that they are soooo pigmented and buildable. I actually never buy high end make up but this stuff is so worth the hype.
They do not crumble or fall down easily and with the urban decay primer which comes with the palette they really last forever.
Also I like the combination of the colors, really pretty.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My best friend brought me this palette for Christmas and I absolutely love it! I use it almost every day and I get so many compliments on my eye makeup when I'm wearing it. I use all of the colours apart from gunmetal, its a bit too grey for me.
The colours in this palette are beautiful and all really versatile. My personal favourites are smog, half baked, virgin, creep, darkhorse, sidecar and sin.
I prefer the more shimmery colours rather than the glitters as I find some fall out happens with the glitter shadows.
In the UK, this palette retails for 39 which I think for the quality, is very reasonable. The brush that comes with the palette is also really lovely.
I have very oily eyelids so I wear the primer potion and a cream eye shadow underneath as these help the product last, as well as really making the colour pop.
I've already decided that when I hit pan on any of the eye shadows, I'm going to buy a new one as a back up, just so I know I won't have to be without it (lol).
Definitely worth the money!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is my holy grail eyeshadow! It stays on my skin all dayyy. I have very oily eyelid! Oh and I do not need to go to MUA for my big event makeup. This eyeshadow transform my eyes!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this eyeshadow palette so much! Colors are buttery, bendable and just gorgeous. Totally worth it despite the crazy price. I loved the Naked palette that I bought the Naked Basics palette (love it) and just ordered the Naked 3!

on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite naked compared to the naked trilogy. I have all of them, but yet this is still my favorite. If you tapped the brush to remove excess eyeshadow then you will not getting any fallout, but if you still do, just clean it with powder brush and it will gone. This is so pigmented compared to any other eyeshadow brand (stila, too faced, i am talking to you). I know its a bit pricey but it consist lots of colors so it is worth the hype.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried to like this product, I did.

I have no idea why I keep buying Urban Decay products just to try out what all the hype is about. I bought their 24/7 Eyeliner pencil. (crap, crappity crap crap). More like 2/7 Eyeliner pencil. I bought too many loose eyeshadows from their website after Makeuptalk advertised a huge, not to miss sale. Used twice.

And now, there's the Naked Palette. Seriously, the only thing I liked about it, IS the packaging. It's cute, it's soft, it's like a giant Chocolate looking Willy Wonka palette bar.

Main reasons why I dislike this product.

IT DOES NOT LAST. This can be said of pretty much all of the UD products I've tried. I use a base. I use an eye primer. My MAC eyeshadows last ALL DAY. By the end of the night, when I'm wearing a UD eyeshadow, it somehow appears 75% under my eye, leakage, spillage, smudgage, everything imaginable except remaining in place.

I'm giving it two stars because I do like the pigmentation (which is better than MAC imo). Meaning it is dense and a little goes a long way. It's easier and smoother to apply on the lid than MAC shadows but the lasting power isn't there.

I guess I'm limited to now just using SIN as a brow bone and cheekbone highlighter because what good is an eyeshadow if it doesn't last?

Anyways, I thought most of the colors looked like some of my all time MAC favorites.

Naked looks just like MAC's Wedge
Buck looks just like MAC's Cork
Half Baked looks like a more goldy version (a bit TOO Cleopatra gold) of MAC's all the Glitters or Honey Lust
Smog looks like a dark version of Woodwinked
etc etc

In sum, sticking with my MAC shadows. I need to prevent myself from wasting money on UD products.

on 1/2/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just okay for me. I know these shades are supposed to be neutral but for me, they're just not that wearable because of how shimmery they are. When I try to use two or three of the shimmery colors together, they just all blend together and end up looking more or less the same no matter what colors I select. I also prefer really warm colors and these colors just seemed a bit TOO neutral in tone and end up looking blah on my eyes. I do like some of the colors. Naked 1: Virgin is one of my all time favorite highlight colors, and the two blue/grey/black shades (creep and gunmetal?) are really great for smokey looks, but all the other colors are easily duped and nothing that really stand out for me. I would re-purchase virgin individually, but the others I could take or leave. Naked 2: not a single color I like. All blah for me. Naked 3: colors look much better in the pan than on my eyes and I have to really work and incorporate other products/steps to get the colors to work for me. Too shimmery. Not pigmented enough. Blackheart, trick and factory are my favorite colors, all the others just don't hardly show up on my eyes, and I'm a medium skin tone. I'm not sure if they're planing on doing more naked palettes and don't know why I keep buying them, but I think I'm done with them for now... Unless they come out with a warmer palette with mostly matte shades. I like some shimmer, but these have tooooo much shimmer for me.

on 1/1/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this palette a lot. I couldn't decide which one to buy: original or 2. It's hard to make a smart everyday look and not to look overly dressed.
My go-to evening palette. My everyday palette is the new Naked 3 :)

- the shadows are super blendable
- very, very pigmented (better than MAC - I shouldn't have made a 15 shadow MAC neutral palette)
- great colors, mostly for evening wear
- brown and taupe hue
- has a highlighting shade, has a black shadow (blacks I have a lot)
- no fallout, or almost no
- comes with a brush (I don't like it, it's more a concealer brush)
- primer (wish it was a squeeze tube)
- case - cardboard, easy to travel, light, mini non useful mirror, easily gets dirty or worn

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

After having this palette for a year, I feel like I can speak to this in a fairly.. fair manner now. Now that my mind is not just on a "OMGAH THIS IS SO PRETTY" and is on the actual use I am getting out of it.

It's okay. It's an okay palette. Great for beginners, great if you're a neutral lover, great if you love shimmery looks. I have now taken quite a liking for matte looks and I now find myself not reaching for this as often. In fact, there are only a few shades in here that I use frequently: Naked, smog, sin and dark horse. I sometimes use half baked and hustle. i have better blacks than creep. Gunmetal gets no use. I got over Virgin. Sidecar is just a mess. Buck is just ashy and grey on me.

I must admit, at first, I really loved and adored this palette - however I don't reach for it as often as I did/should. Maybe it's something about the shimmer/satiny texture to these that I just don't lean towards right now.

Not saying it's not a great buy, it's just that, it's alright. They are the perfect neutrals, but... okay. It's okay. I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ok so you know you gotta love neutrals. this palette is a great buy and everyone needs in there kit. its awesome color payoff and staying power. I love the cover of the palette also. brought from Sephora and you can find great review on my youtube channel-fearless femme