Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Back in the days this was the first palette I ever purchased for myself and I still have this. Firstly the colors are stunning and these are strong pigments which is exactly what I was looking for. However most of the colors are very shimmery and not subtle enough for day use (I can only see me pulling off the 2 mattes in the palette if applying before a day at the office). One of the downsides is the fallout can be pretty bad with these. Not only would I end up with powder on my face, but on my top too - which would be great IF I was trying to get the dress to match my face! On the plus side though: no creasing at all, even if not using a primer beforehand. The colors are very pigmented and a little goes a long way and I do find the brush and mirror which are both part of the palette really handy when travelling and don't have enough room to carry separate ones. Have read about some others' experiences of it opening but luckily never once happened to me so far.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After so many years I finally splurged and purchased the Naked palette. I can't say I was too impressed because I ended up returning it. It is a LOVELY palette - don't get me wrong. The shades are lovely. But my problem with the palette was that it only has 2 matte shades. I'm one that likes to put a nice light cream shadow all over my lid before the rest of the shades and this was missing in this palette. Secondly, I never use black or silver eyeshadows. Overall, this palette is good for someone who loves shimmery eyeshadows. I will purchase the Chocolate Bar palette intsead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Like many, this was my first high-end makeup palette, and I still reach for it on a weekly basis (although I’ve definitely hit pan on most colors). That said, without having read other reviews, I’m sure I’m not alone in my cons, which i have the desire to list before the pros in this case:

CONS:
- This is a con that I have with every UD palette, and it’s that there is sooo much shimmer. Now, I like shiny shades, but two mattes out of twelve colors? It’s a tad ridiculous, no?
- There are a couple colors I just adore here, but with the exception of three shades I’ll mention down below, once you start to mix things together, the results can be dull and muddy. I always have to bring in shades from elsewhere to get a complete look that’s actually pretty.
- Not happy with the highlighting shades at all. With my fair tone, I need something that is really going to pop. Even the two lightest colors feel a bit murky to me.
- The velvety packaging looks nice out of the box, but let’s just say that after a bit of use, it’s easy to see why UD never created another vevet package again.

PROS:
- So marvelously blendable, that unless I’m doing my crease or my liner, I will admittedly use my fingers for application, and will end up with as good results as I could muster with just about any brush.
- As I said before, there are some colors I dimply love, love, love, and I particularly cannot do without Sidecar, Half-Baked and Smog, which actually do work together so seamlessly to create a beautiful ombré effect on the lid. I also use Buck as an everyday shade for my crease incessantly. It’s classic. It doesn’t quite work well on its own with my other three faves, however.
- I’ve experienced little-to-no fallout with the shimmery shades, even with the darkest, most noticeable colors.
- The staying power is golden. Fortunately not golden like the golden lettering on the packaging, which will fade faster than your lids. Lolol

Finally, I think I will eventually replace my Naked palette when it has completely dried up. I’ll still get use out of most these colors, even if I don’t use them together, and frankly, I’m stupidly nostalgic about this palette. It feels like an old friend who I still want in my contacts even after we’ve grown apart. Yes, I am extremely neurotic.

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do love the Urban Decay naked palettes. I have two of them and find the quality to be decent. They blend out well and have decent pigment. As a whole, I like most of their products and I do want to get the new Naked Heat palette. I also like the brushes that come with them. They are not bad and can be used on a regular basis. They have held up to multiple cleanings and uses. Also, these eye shadows hold up when using them wet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is really pigmented & color range is just lovely. Great for daily use or makeup beginners.

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My top overrated makeup palette. All the colors are decent, but not spectacular in any way. The shadows aren't too blendable and there are sooo many cheaper drugstore alternatives to this palette that are equal or superior to this one.

Save your money!

on 12/13/2016 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Finally bought this after years and years of contemplation and buying cheaper dupes. It is a truly beautiful palette. I can get a variety of looks that are good for daily wear and work. I do like the 3rd palette a bit more but overall I am glad to finally own this as my own. I definitely need to use an eye primer with these but the pigmentation is on point. I find them easy to blend as well. A bit pricey but worth it if you like warm shades in the brown spectrum.

Popular Palettes