Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the 1st Naked Palette I bought from Urban Decay. I bought this palette based on the following:

1. the rave reviews
2. it was a cult classic
3. almost every girl in my city had it
4. And because I was a sheep (lol).

My favourite colors in this palette were Virgin, Naked, Buck, and Dark horse (Neutrals). I hardly touched the others. Anyway, now that I have seperated from the flock and tried other palettes that are more affordable and better quality, I can now give my honest review on this love it/or hate it palette. Unfortunately this brand and eye shadow line fell short due to the following:

1. Expensive price
2. Major fallout during application (those reviews telling readers there is no fallout - LIES!!! You have been warned).
3. Eyeshadow does not blend well (looks muddy when blending shades together).

I would not recommend this palette to beginners due to the price and the way it blends. However, what I did like about it was the brush that it came with, a sample of the eyeshadow primer, and the fact that Urban Decay is against animal testing and cruelty free.

Would I purchase this palette again? No (without hesitation).

I have all of the Naked palettes, which is why I don't think I'm totally in love with this one. The best value i get from it is taking it along when I travel and don't want to take my larger custom MAC palettes. This is the best benefit of each of the Naked palettes (besides Smoky, which is actually just great for any night out, at home or away). This is nothing special but if you're looking for basic colours for every use (highlighting, defining, crease, even lining) this is good for you. I don't love the brush - the blending side is great but the other side is nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think it needs more matte colors, too much glitter. it's good for formal dance looks or parties, but day to day is too overwhelming.

on 3/1/2017 2:13:00 PM

My 100th review, omg! Figured I would make it about my first ever HE palette! I first got the naked palette when it initially came out, I think I was 16. I was soo excited and loved it. I still have the same one (i know makeup expires, but this was almost $60 lol, i'm not tossing it until there's nothing left) but honestly, there's only a few shades I use. And I think it's the same shades I used back then, too. I love virgin-buck. I use naked or a mix of naked and buck very often in my crease for my everyday work makeup. I have hit pan on naked and plan to buy a single when it's out. I like buck but sometimes it leans a little too warm on me. Virgin I hit pan on a long time ago, and I think I read that the highlight in the wnw walking on eggshells was a dupe, so i've been buying that for years and using that on my brow bone. Still love virgin, though, and still have some left. Sin i've only used a few times, but need to use more because it would be a pretty lid shade, pinky champagne color. Sidecar i've used a few times as a crease or lid color, gunmetal only a handful of times but it's so cool, it's a slate grey with glitter and a tiny hint of blue, I like to use this typically on the lower lash line if I use it. I'm not a fan of gold, I was when I was younger so I may have used half baked/smog more then, and I think I may have used half baked one year for Halloween but these 2 go relatively untouched. Tbh don't think i've ever used toasted/hustle. Not sure why, so maybe I should try them because they look pretty. They seem kind of purple to me, which I don't usually wear, but looking online they look more champagne and bronze. Idk. Need to try them lol. Overall I see this more of a warm palette w/ a few cool tones thrown in, but I do really love it. Love all the naked palettes from UD, smart move on their part. I'm glad I have this in my collection and got it when it first came out. I will definitely purchase singles of certain things when I run out of them. Will I repurchase again? Maybe. I can't really say because at this point, there's so many things out there but this is nice. Especially for beginners or if you like more warm/bronzey looks.

on 12/17/2016 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Waffled a bit over whether this is a 4 or 5 for me, but went 5 as honestly I find it very easy to use and reach for it quite often in the morning, it's one of my go-tos. My biggest issues with the palette are the flocked velvet covering (it gets a bit gross and a lot of the gold foil text has worn off, I feel like the metal tin packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 palettes is so much nicer and I don't know why they didn't change this one to match when those were released) and the colour selection. I do feel like there are definitely some shades I would have liked to see included, and there are some shades I don't like or use as much... but honestly I could say the same for just about any palette and I already have those other shades I want in other singles and palettes so it's not a dealbreaker for me. Even if I don't use every shade it comes out roughly even price wise vs buying singles if I only like 3 shades, and a good deal if I like 4 or more so while it's not a cheap palette I do think it's very reasonable compared to their singles (and if you really love and use up one or two shades most of these are now permanently available in their singles line). I would say there are only 2 shades in this palette that I really don't use - Sidecar (which has glitter fallout) and Gunmetal (which just isn't a shade I reach for in general, not sure why they put a cool gunmetal shade in an otherwise very warm palette) and of the others some get used more than others but they all do get used. I can't complain about the quality of the eyeshadows and there are some beautiful colours in the palette. The included double ended brush isn't terrible but I only really reach for it if the rest of my brushes are dirty. I can understand why they include a brush but if I threw it out I wouldn't miss it. Is the palette overhyped? Probably - it's nothing groundbreaking or life changing. But I can certainly see why it's so popular, it's a solid palette with some beautiful eyeshadows that are very wearable for everyday.

I think this is a nice palette if you want a neutral look, especially for warm tones. When I first received this I wouldn't stop using it. Now, I don't reach for it often, and when I do, I only use 5 colors. The other colors just don't appeal to me, and I find these shadows tend to crease on me, even with primer, after 8 hours. It works fine for a normal day for me, but I prefer other formulas and colors.

on 7/9/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love my NAKED, but I think I bought it mostly for the hype!

There are beautiful colors, and they're great for work and play. For those who have seen the swatches, you will realise there are mostly shimmer colors with very little mattes.

Also, I have realised AFTER I bought it that the colors are very WARM. I have a neutral skin tone, and some of the shadows don't suit me. I have heard that NAKED2 is better for those with COOLer skin tones.

Overall, the shadows seem quite buttery. It blends well. The colors are vibrant and it has a great longevity with primer (I use UD also). Depending on the shade, some do have a lot of fallout. Just remember to tap your brush.

The best bit of the palette was actually the brush. It's a nice addition to my collection.

Overall, it's a bit pricey at $83. For those new to make up, I would recommend buying a dupe (eg. ChiChi Nudes are very similar, at $23). For those who have more money to spend and want better quality/pigmentation, Naked is a great buy.

on 6/29/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great range of colours from light to dark making it great for everyday use to evening looks and everything in between! Loved the lighter colours such as sin which worked amazing in the inner corner and as a brow highlight!

The shadows however weren't quite as pigmented as expected but do have a great lasting powder even without primer!

It is a pain once you run out of a colour though as not all the shades are sold on their own and the amount you get of each shade isn't very much at all for the price, so the value for money in that respect isn't great.

HATE THE PACKAGING!! Looks lovely for about a week but gets tatty so easily, all the naked on the front has rubbed off mine and looks so dirty so easily. Doesn't stay shut like the tin ones which is really frustrating. However does have a mirror which I really like.

Don't let that put you off though as the shades and quality of them is still very high.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am a big Urban Decay fan The Naked palette is the first palette with matte shades and includes 5 new colors and also has a new brown eyeliner, whiskey, that is similar to bourbon but without the glitter. This is the most versatile palette I own by Urban Decay and something I can see myself using every day

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic UD Naked palette off of Poshmark, serial code 88MNDK, and couldn't be happier! I figured I'd add my two cents amongst these thousands of great reviews. These shadows are velvety smooth and have great pigmentation. I even use the shade Naked as a brow powder sometimes! It stays and honestly works better than most brow products I've tried. Now to just look up more tutorials and videos on how to reap the full benefits of this wonderful palette...!