Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/18/2017 2:15:00 AM

I have had this palette for over a year now and I have to say, there are much better options out there right now.

Many of the colours don't appear on my eyes or just don't look good with my skin tone (virgin and the dark shades in particular). And the only colours I enjoy are Naked, Buck, Half Baked and Toasted. If you apply too many shades it just blends into a muddy shade and I don't think they last very long on the eyes without a primer compared to my other eyeshadows (even cheaper alternatives like Colourpop or Zoeva).

So if you don't love every shade in this palette I would give it a pass for sure.

on 10/15/2017 3:07:00 PM

i love this palette so incredibly much.
the pigments are incredible, the colors are breathtaking and the packaging is a mix of a soft velvety cover and the name in a striking gold. a little goes a long way with this palette and the brush it comes with is excellent quality. my only issue with this palette is that its most definitely geared towards those on the paler side of life, meaning that people of colour might not find this palette suits them very well as a friend of mine found.

so to conclude, for people who are somewhat pale like me, this palette is incredible and i would absolutely recommend it, the price is well worth the product.

on 10/11/2017 2:57:00 PM

Had a hard time dishing out the cash for my first NAKED palette, so I asked for one for Christmas a couple years ago and my hubby surprised me with the NAKED 2. It was love at first use. I really noticed right away that the color lasted so much longer than any other eye shadows I have. All day. It didn't crease up (or if it did it was very minimal) and it was so easy to create a polished look with.

I love that I can go easy with one shimmery shade of brown or gold and with one color give my lid a nice look, or I can use several colors to build a really sculpted lid. The black is amazing as a liner (you can even wet your brush a bit and use it as a liner on the edges of your eyes) and aside from that fact that I don't die over every single shade I really have no complaints. I have since purchased the SMOKY and the original NAKED palette- and I use them every single day. Even if I pull out another palette ( I have a Smashbox and a Revolution palette that are both pretty good) I still dip into my NAKEDs for some blending or a base color or a shimmer. I literally use them every day. I love them. I used up my NAKED 2 and even with the others I have I WANT A NEW ONE! I love love love these palettes.

Tip- yes, tap your brush, as you pick up a lot of color and this helps from fall out on your checks. Also, I honestly can say you do not need a primer with this (or at least I don't). A primer is nice, but not necessary. The shadow is just that good. And a palette lasts years, seriously. There is a lot of color here. Treat yourself to one!

I feel like I would've loved this palette so much more if I have gotten it when it first came out, and Urban Decay produced one of the first consistent quality eyeshadow palette that's for every day look.

I just got the palette two weeks ago. I was so excited but the more I play with it the more I just thought "meh". I feel like that all the other brands have really caught up and have become super competitive in both quality and prices in their palettes and this cult classic no longer impresses me. Don't get me wrong it is a nice palette for your everyday natural look, but I feel like I can get the same look with my ELF and Wet n Wild eye shadows. The shades are pretty but not unique whatsoever and I have gotten used to more buttery formula than it.

I'm glad I tried it out but I won't really recommend. Especially at this price point. Drugstore is the way to go.

on 7/27/2017 1:00:00 AM

I bought this palette after much hype and praise, on the back of purchasing the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Big mistake there. I found that this palette although revolutionary at the time, did not live up to its status with the subsequent releases of the Chocolate Bar, KVD and Tartelettes.

I fought everyday to try and come up with looks with this, unfortunately it was always not what I was hoping for. The colours run cool and there is much to much shimmer for my everyday liking. I wanted something that made my olive skin look healthy and pretty but each time I used this it was dull and shimmery and way too smokey.

I was severely disappointed and wanted to love this like everyone else. But the competition out there out-shines this palette and for the price I paid in Australia this was not good enough for me. I regret buying this. I don't think UD's eye-shadows are for me, I even bought Naked 3 thinking I just chose the wrong colour combinations; before TF's Sweet Peach released and now regret that too. So wish it was for me.

on 6/14/2017 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the shades, but the colors are not that pigmented. The blue is really gray, and the glitters in general are not good. You would definitely need to layer all the shadows unless you like a subtle eyeshadow. Quite a bit fall-out from the palette, but luckily not while on the eyes.

on 4/30/2017 2:15:00 PM

I got this palette a while ago, sometimes in 2011???

I wanted to love this palette as much as the rest of the world did and I hate to admit that the formula of these shadows did not impress me. The matte ones are fine, very creamy, very easy to blend, perfect as transition shades.

Problems start with the shimmery ones, they are very pretty to look at, but a nightmare to work with. They are creamy and pigmented of course, but they tend to get all over the place, they do crease big time, darker shades have major fallouts, shimmers are too shimmery, they are not long lasting, they wont stay put (I was an avid user of their eye primer potion, I used their primer with their shadows... ugh...) I give up.

The palette has been resting peacefully in my drawer, it's still there but I haven't touched it in years. So I never bought any palettes from UD again.

I like the palette, it's covered in soft velvet which is really nice. The shadows are super nice, most of them are metallic (which I love), but there is a lot of fallout every time I dip my brush into one of the shadows. Not my fav. palette. Also way too expensive.

on 3/7/2017 11:58:00 PM

Finally caved in and decided to try this palette (Urban Decay's original NAKED). I had a feeling I would not be impressed but was hoping I would be wrong. But I was not impressed. The eyeshadow seem hardpacked but still create some fallout. Not as creamy as I was hoping they would be. The shades come out looking kind of muddy. There's a few shades I like alright but in general they all look prettier in the pan. Hard to blend and creases pretty easily. I don't like the brush that came with this pallet. I prefer my own which are softer and less scratchy on my sensitive eyelids. I've tried a few different combinations of looks and most of them just came out looking muddy and blah. I will probably be returning this for a different pallet, as I've got other nude and warm/golden pallets that are much better.

on 3/2/2017 2:04:00 PM

Oh where do I start with this? I have such a love and hate relationship with my Naked Palette.. the shadows are nice and creamy, beautifully pigmented, nice neutral colours.. but they are so hard to blend (I am not a beginner), I mean you can work with them if you put a bit more time into blending. They don't stay on my eyes for very long, and crease very easily. When I do a look with this, it looks amazing for the first couple of hours, then the shadows kind of disappear into thin air. I could sit at my vanity and swatch these shadows all day, but realistically I only make good use out of the matte shades and a couple of the shimmers in this palette. Love the packaging tho.